ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU Family member travelling abroad without EU Family

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ale13
Newly Registered

Non EU Family member travelling abroad without EU Family

Post by Ale13 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:18 am

I will really appreciate it if someone could help me with some questions that I have and thanks a lot in advance.
I will be travelling to my country (out of Europe) very shortly for 3 weeks, and my worries are that I could have a problem on my way back into the UK at the airport for the reason that my wife won’t be here in the UK when I arrive back into the country. She will be back in her country (for a short period of work) and coming back after me a couple of weeks later. And she wasn’t working recently over here.
So there is my question, could I have any problems on my way back? What should I say if the Officer asks me about my wife? I’m currently holding my 2nd EEA2 residence card. Thanks for your time and for sharing your knowledge.
[/b]

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:58 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ale13
Newly Registered

Post by Ale13 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:31 am

Thank you very much Vinny for your quick reply, to be honest we are just taking separate holidays to visit our families and she has not been working recently over here cos she was not able to find a proper job after Uni so there is not much that I could take with me this time to prove that she is exercising treaty rights. And the job in her country is nothing too official, just a week working with friends in an exhibition, so she's not even working for the full holidays. But I have our marriage certificate.

In the five years that I have been living here, I have never been asked to show proof of anything on my way back. But now that she is not a student anymore and she is not even working right now, I am starting to worry about it.
[/b][/b]