ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous earnings: company name not on bank statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

may03
Newly Registered

Previous earnings: company name not on bank statement

Post by may03 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:11 pm

Dear all,
I am going to apply for Tier 1 general. To claim points for previous earnings I intend to provide 12-month pay slips and bank statements. But there are two problems:
1. some of the payment dates on the bank statements are different from those on pay slips, usually 2 or 3 days earlier or later.
2. the company name is not shown on payment entries of bank statements. instead the discription for each month's automatic credit is "S" (which is not the initial of the company either. I don't know the meaning of the "S", "salary"?)

I've gone through many topics on this forum and find some similar cases as mine. I guess the first problem won't cause trouble as long as I explain clearly in the cover letter.
But for the second one, some say to get a letter from the company declaring that the payment is made by the employer, and some suggest asking the bank to clarify the payer. I am confused which way to go 'cause I dont know is this strange reference in bank statement actually caused by the bank or the company?
If the company can provide a letter confirming the money with reference of "S" is paid by them, will this be considered as from the same source as pay slips and can't help with the claim?
And for the bank, has anyone managed to get a letter like this for the transition details in the bank statement?
Has anyone got your visa approved under similar situation? could you pls tell me what documents you submitted?
Thank you.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:37 pm

1. some of the payment dates on the bank statements are different from those on pay slips, usually 2 or 3 days earlier or later.
This is fine.
2. the company name is not shown on payment entries of bank statements. instead the discription for each month's automatic credit is "S" (which is not the initial of the company either. I don't know the meaning of the "S", "salary"?)
Get a letter from the company explinaing the Gross/Net details of your salary month wise(to be safe) and also ask them to explaing "S" factor in it.This should solve the issue.

may03
Newly Registered

Post by may03 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:26 pm

chetanojha wrote:
This is fine.
Get a letter from the company explinaing the Gross/Net details of your salary month wise(to be safe) and also ask them to explaing "S" factor in it.This should solve the issue.
Thank you for your help.
I went to the bank today and they say the payment reference is not caused by them and they don't have any more information in their system than what appears on the bank statements. Seems I can only get letter from my employer rather than the bank.
But my concern is that will the caseworker consider the letter as from the same source as pay slips? or they just care about the amount on bank statement is the same as the net pay on pay slip?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:29 pm

may03 wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
This is fine.
Thank you for your help.
I went to the bank today and they say the payment reference is not caused by them and they don't have any more information in their system than what appears on the bank statements. Seems I can only get letter from my employer rather than the bank.
But my concern is that will the caseworker consider the letter as from the same source as pay slips? or they just care about the amount on bank statement is the same as the net pay on pay slip?
You are providing evidence to support your bank statement i.e. the "S" factor. Get a letter from your company stating that they have paid you x amount in your bank account on Y date. Description of this amount is "S" in bank statement. This will be more than enough for you.

may03
Newly Registered

Post by may03 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Hi, I got more queries here. I receive my pay slip online every month, and it is simply a table on A4 paper,showing my name/the date/gross and net amount/tax&NI paid.(but no NI number, is this ok?). The paper bears the company name and contact details. Our company is quite a small business, what we use for correspondence as company headed paper is to get the same format (as on the pay slip) colour printed everytime. So if I print the pay slips, they will be on company headed papers as we always use.
To be safe I will get them stamped and signed, also I intend to provide a letter listing all my incomes and confirm the bank issue (as mentioned in this topic before). I don't know if this is acceptable?
And since it is a small company, we don't actually have a HR. Can I just get my boss to sign the pay slips and letter? He or his PA can confirm my employment and salary if the caseworker calls, does this work?
I know my situation is kind of odd but thank you for all your help.