ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To extend Tier1 as a director of own Ltd, Urgent Help Please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

latting
Newly Registered

To extend Tier1 as a director of own Ltd, Urgent Help Please

Post by latting » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:27 pm

I set up my ltd. 10 months ago on my own (as the only employee, obviously as a director then). I received salary each month from Business account.

I have just accumulated enough salary to be eligible to extend the visa, which expires 18 Jul.

My concern is:

1.Can I simply apply as EMPLOYED to avoid complication of documents and that the company's profit/loss would affect actual earnings.

Firstly, a bit in a rush to ask my account to finish the accounting for the past 10 months.

Secondly, a bit concern if my ltd is losing money so that my actual total earning might just fall down the threshold.

So I really want to go SIMPLE if no alrite.

2.Under Form B27- "select the applicant's main occupation"
As a director, should I choose "Corporate managers" which looks the most appropriate? Or just ignore it as this question is “(if applicable)â€

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:56 pm

1.Can I simply apply as EMPLOYED to avoid complication of documents and that the company's profit/loss would affect actual earnings.
I did the same thing. To keep things simple and straight forward, I paid myself decent salary(from my own company). I submitted Payslips+Bank Statement for earning section.Shown myself employed.
As a director, should I choose "Corporate managers" which looks the most appropriate? Or just ignore it as this question is “(if applicable)â€

latting
Newly Registered

Post by latting » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:10 pm

chetanojha wrote:
I did the same thing. To keep things simple and straight forward, I paid myself decent salary(from my own company). I submitted Payslips+Bank Statement for earning section.Shown myself employed.

Thanks, that's what I wanted how the things could go. When filling up the form, both my home & company address would be identical (as mentioned one-man run ltd). You think this will not be a problem?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:22 pm

latting wrote: Thanks, that's what I wanted how the things could go. When filling up the form, both my home & company address would be identical (as mentioned one-man run ltd). You think this will not be a problem?
This should be fine as you are not declaring your company anywhere. To provide contact details of your employer, just mention that you are director of your company and your accountant do all the accounting for you. For any further information about your salary, HO can contact accountant. Also let accountant know that he may be called by HO for verification. Presuming you accountant will have the same salary details as you are submitting, it will fine.
latting wrote: But at this area, it seems the form only wants you to give ONE visa's information and I am not sure if it's my 1st one to enter the UK or currect one valid.
If it is asking for only one...provide current visa details.. I am sure form does ask you to provide your EC ref no. and from where you got entry clearance.