ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Holiday in UK while my HSMP application is being processed?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SAFFA girl
Newly Registered

Holiday in UK while my HSMP application is being processed?

Post by SAFFA girl » Tue May 11, 2004 10:14 am

Hey guys

I posted my HSMP application on the 3rd of May (from South Africa) and the application fee came of my account on the 10th of May. So now I'm in for the BIG wait. Just one question. I know that you cannot apply for the HSMP visa whilst on holiday in the UK. But can I go to the UK on holiday whilst my application is being processed? In other words, I will be back home to receive my approval letter (hopefully! :wink: ) and apply for entry clearance here.

Thanks!

SAFFA girl 8)

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue May 11, 2004 10:17 am

You can go to the UK whilst your HSMP application is being processed. If succesful, then you can apply for EC from SA
Where there is a will there is a way.

SAFFA girl
Newly Registered

Post by SAFFA girl » Tue May 11, 2004 10:31 am

Thanks boet! And hold thumbs that SA wins the bid to host the Soccer World Cup 2010 on Saturday. :D

From sunny SA,

SAFFA girl

God's House
Newly Registered

REMAIN in England while HSMP is being processed???

Post by God's House » Thu May 27, 2004 9:02 pm

Hi, i need to know if someone having already submitted the hsmp visa, can go to england and remain there till the hsmp comes through. He is currently in nigeria.

need to confirm that when he returns for the hsmp, they would not say he remained for maybe 2-3 months, rather than for maybe 3 weeks if that is what he said when entered England.

I need to know if this hsmp entry clearance officer is only concerned with hsmp, or if they look at past history; ie, if someone said 3 weeks in england and remained for maybe 2-3 months.

Thanks.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Fri May 28, 2004 6:27 am

I think it's important not to overstay the time granted, regardless of what was said during the interview. One may have all the various reasons to change one's mind within the legal boundaries...