ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

ILR success

Post by OFCHARITY » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:22 am

By God's grace, my ILR application was successful based on ILR JR.

Documents requested;
1. P60 for each of the 4 years
2. Recent Payslips or letter from employer for ( I think this was required for last 3 months only, but don't recall exactly)
3. Passport, application form and photos

Documents I provided;
1. A p60 OR statement of earnings (from previous employers) OR Inland Revenue Tax calculation document (the ones they issue when they refund you taxes) for each of the last 4 tax years

2. A letter from my accountant as I am currently self employed, detailing each salary and dividend payments for the last 15 months ( I asked my accountant to cover 15 months just in case they asked for proof since my most recent renewal).

3. Passport, application form and photos

The interview was very short and mainly entailed me watching the case worker type for around 30 minutes. He told me I should go and pay and that everything was OK with my application but they have to run someroutine checks. After paying I was told to return in 2 hours but it took a total of 4.5 hours before I received my passports and back dated letter.
'In everything give thanks'

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: ILR success

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:28 am

OFCHARITY wrote:By God's grace, my ILR application was successful based on ILR JR.
Congratulations...which PEO did you use?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:10 pm

Congrats Ofcharity on your ILR.

I certaily like the detail aspect of the accountant letter, that will really help a lot.

Yes, will like to ask which of the PEOs did you use for your ILR?

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:28 pm

I used Birmingham PEO

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:50 pm

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please can you share your experience that Do u have any absences out of uk in last 4 years and if you have so how many days were altogther?

Thanks

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:04 pm

I had a long absence in my first year on HSMP, so I claimed my qualifying period for ILR as starting when I returned to the UK from that long absence. During my qualifying period I had roughly 60 days absence in total.