ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complex situation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Otake

Complex situation

Post by Otake » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi all,

I have recently got ILR (last month) under JR policy and I will be able to apply for citizenship this September. My girl friend has also come to UK with an HSMP visa of her own after around one year of my initial entry and she will be able to apply for ILR this October under JR policy.

I was wondering if she can apply for ILR now (instead of her usual time which is October) since we have been partner in the UK for more than 3 years and would it be also possible for her to apply for citizienship with me this September?

Kind Regards

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:27 am

I think she could only apply for ILR now if her current visa was issued because she was the unmarried partner of a permanent resident.

Then once she gets ILR she will have to wait for a year to apply for British citizenship. The only way she could apply for British citizenship any quicker is if you already had your British citizenship and you got married, in which case she would not have to wait a year after getting ILR.

mourad

Re: Complex situation

Post by mourad » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:59 pm

Otake wrote:Hi all,

I have recently got ILR (last month) under JR policy and I will be able to apply for citizenship this September. My girl friend has also come to UK with an HSMP visa of her own after around one year of my initial entry and she will be able to apply for ILR this October under JR policy.

I was wondering if she can apply for ILR now (instead of her usual time which is October) since we have been partner in the UK for more than 3 years and would it be also possible for her to apply for citizienship with me this September?

Kind Regards

hi otake
what is JR policy?
thanks