ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

0 years law for settlement?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raoul
Newly Registered

0 years law for settlement?

Post by Raoul » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:13 am

Hello folks
has anyone heard about any plans to scrap the 10 years law for settlement?
anything about that in the new immigration bill?
Regards

Raoul
Newly Registered

Post by Raoul » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:47 am

???

bani

Post by bani » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:01 am

search for "immigration bill" on this board. yes, they plan to scrap it.

Raoul
Newly Registered

Post by Raoul » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:39 am

bani wrote:search for "immigration bill" on this board. yes, they plan to scrap it.
hmmmm there was no mention of any changes to the 10 years rule under the new immigration bill. please correct me if i am wrong. otherwise just confirm that you are sure you read it somewhere under the new bill.

Regards

bani

Post by bani » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:45 am

Raoul wrote:
bani wrote:search for "immigration bill" on this board. yes, they plan to scrap it.
hmmmm there was no mention of any changes to the 10 years rule under the new immigration bill. please correct me if i am wrong. otherwise just confirm that you are sure you read it somewhere under the new bill.

Regards
I've read it on another thread, might be the long immigration bill thread -- that it's not on the bill because it will just cease to exist. There will be no 10 year or 14 year long residency avenue to settlement once the bill comes into effect.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:49 pm

I am not sure if they plan to scrap it or not but if they do i dont think it would be in the bill. they would just deal with it the same way they did when they increased the the ILR for WP/HSMP/Ancestor etc. Remember the '10 year rule' and the '14year' one for that matter are not about citizenship but about getting ILR and as far as i understand, issues for for ILR (lentgh and what qualifies for ILR) can be dealt with using 'secondary legislation'.