ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 migrant detained at Heathrow and sent back home

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manishmittal
BANNED

Tier 1 migrant detained at Heathrow and sent back home

Post by manishmittal » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:14 am

Among the several returning students and other immigrants on Sunday, some were detained at Heathrow and sent back home. One Tier 1 migrant was also among them who was sent back after the HO carried out post visa issue checks and found that documents submitted at the time of Tier 1 application were forged.

they were given opportunity to appeal against the decision from within the UK or they could appeal in their home country. If they decided to appeal in UK, they would have to remain in detention centre till the time appeal is disposed.

One of my friend who was on student visa was among them. He is going to appeal from Malaysia.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 migrant detained at Heathrow and sent back home

Post by push » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:47 pm

manishmittal wrote:Among the several returning students and other immigrants on Sunday, some were detained at Heathrow and sent back home. One Tier 1 migrant was also among them who was sent back after the HO carried out post visa issue checks and found that documents submitted at the time of Tier 1 application were forged.

they were given opportunity to appeal against the decision from within the UK or they could appeal in their home country. If they decided to appeal in UK, they would have to remain in detention centre till the time appeal is disposed.

One of my friend who was on student visa was among them. He is going to appeal from Malaysia.
I believe its a good news so long as genuine applicants are not unnecessarily harrassed
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:06 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
manishmittal wrote:Among the several returning students and other immigrants on Sunday, some were detained at Heathrow and sent back home. One Tier 1 migrant was also among them who was sent back after the HO carried out post visa issue checks and found that documents submitted at the time of Tier 1 application were forged.

I believe its a good news so long as genuine applicants are not unnecessarily harrassed
Genuine ones will most likely than not be screwed over by the illegal ones, however the genuine ones will return despite this inconvenience at some point. Good news indeed, nice to see that UKBA are actually doing something following the recent outcry over this.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:31 pm

meats wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:

Genuine ones will most likely than not be screwed over by the illegal ones, however the genuine ones will return despite this inconvenience at some point. Good news indeed, nice to see that UKBA are actually doing something following the recent outcry over this.
I think the Visa is cancelled when somebody is denied entry to the country and sent back.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:33 am

can you provide more details ? how come tier1 is sent back ? what docs he provided. how HO checked it ?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:56 am

fahadz1 wrote:can you provide more details ? how come tier1 is sent back ? what docs he provided. how HO checked it ?
If you watch "UK Border Force" program, you will find ample of examples where people are sent back even when they had valid visas.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:27 pm

[quote="manishmittal"]Among the several returning students and other immigrants on Sunday, some were detained at Heathrow and sent back home. One Tier 1 migrant was also among them who was sent back after the HO carried out post visa issue checks and found that documents submitted at the time of Tier 1 application were forged.quote] Its a case of forgery and not that of someone wrongfuly sent back
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer