ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New guidelines will reduce fake marriages, Brussels says

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:39 pm

http://euobserver.com/9/28407

In addressing member state concerns surrounding marriages of convenience, Mr Barrot said member states were entitled to check that marriages to non-EU citizens were not merely to gain residency by examining aspects such as the length of the marriage and whether the couple had shared financial commitments.

But he said: "the checks should be individual and targeted. There should not be any general measure."

A number of EU states have reported cases of EU citizens accepting money in exchange for marrying non-EU citizens hoping to gain residency.

shaz112211

hiya

Post by shaz112211 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:12 pm

Hello everyone
i read this post and the link above so wanna ask that
did the brussels changed any laws or guidelines ?
and if it is changed then will the aplication affect which are olreddy in process
because in this link it said that guide lines have been changed by brussels so i didnt understand it very clearly maybe my english is not very well
so someone can explain it ,, i will be thank ful to u guys

God Bless You All

Regards

Shazz

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: hiya

Post by 86ti » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:18 am

shaz112211 wrote:did the brussels changed any laws or guidelines ?
No. The new guidelines are supposed to explain to member states how to interpret the Directive in certain problematic areas.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:45 am

I have to say, that I like this idea. I feel that if the governments start to crack down on marriage of convenience it might speed up things for those genuine couples! At least that's how I feel. For example here in Italy the police come to check that you are actually living together as a married couple sometimes they even go as far as to ask your neighbours!

Shaz, don't worry the law has not changed it's just what it says it is guidelines!

Anyway most couples would have nothing to hide?