ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1- Highly Skilled Person_Reapply after Refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Intelarch
Newly Registered

Tier 1- Highly Skilled Person_Reapply after Refusal

Post by Intelarch » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:34 am

Hi All

I have been going through this forum and realised that perhaps I can gain more from your experiences and ensure a successful application for Tier 1.

Let me tell you the back ground. ....I went to UK in Sept. 2006 to pursue masters. In June 2007 I was offered a job. At that time I was done with my full-time classes and exams, the only thing pending was my thesis. As per UKBA one can take part-time work during study and full-time work during non-course duration. Considering that my full-time classes were over I accepted the job offer and joined in end June. Simulaneously I was working on my thesis and submitted it in Mid Sept. 2007. In Jan I cleared my Thesis and in Feb.,2008 I got letter confirming that I have fullfilled all the requirements for my MSc. As my student visa was due to expire on 30th April 2008, I calculated the best way forward (at that time, could have applied for IGS) and realised that if I wait till March 2008 salary I will be able to accumulate sufficient points for Tier 1. So that what I did I made my application on -either end of march and I got my refusal on 4th June 2008.

The refusal letter commented that I failed to follow conditions
attached to my leave to remain by working full-time. I was given right to appeal. I consulted an immigration advisor who did not see enough weight in my appeal, so I decided to come back to my home country.

Considering these factors and the Part 9- 320 (7B) of immigration rules I waited for an year to reapply from my home country for Tier 1 General-Skilled Person. Now the time has come that I am ready to reapply.

Before going ahead I would appriciate if you can share your experiences with me and guide me forward.

Regards

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:18 pm

I don't have a similar experience, but it looks liek you have met all the criteria and time waiting period. However, your case is a bit complicated and there might be aspects that the embassy hounds will pounce on to reject.

Best advice, even if you get loads of other posts with advice, is to consult an immigration lawyer to help you. The money spent, although expensive, is well worth it compared to the increase risk of rejection, stress, time spent appealing, etc.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

Intelarch
Newly Registered

Post by Intelarch » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:16 am

What part of it did you find complicated, so that I can focus on them. Also can you give me a rough figure to go through the route suggested by you...I think it can be done on no win no fee basis?