ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:55 am

Hi,
if you are a 2007, please update us when get thru...

Thanks,
nana

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:54 am

INTERESTING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was just on the phone to them and the lady tells me that my file has been moved from Dublin to Tipp. She said that majority of files that were in Dublin have been sent over. Maybe now something will start to give.

Jakes_26
Newly Registered

INIS QUERYS

Post by Jakes_26 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi All ,

I approached my local TDand it looks like they have a special e-mail address that they can use to get status updates. Interesting that when I rang the week before that they told me waiting for outside agencies but when I look at the reply that they sent to the TD it looks like it is at a more advanced stage. Also notice how I am called Mr. Ismael in the middle of the e-mail.

"Dear Deputy,

Thank you for quoting the Dept of Justice file
reference with the enquiry
as this helps to ensure the correct identif
ication of the persons mentioned
when searching for up to date data

I refer to your email dated 29/06/09 on behalf of Mr. Stols

Mr. Stols's Naturalisation application was received on 0
6/03/08. Processing
of Mr. Ismael's application is at an advanced stage
and the file will be
submitted to the Minister for a decision in the c
oming months.

Mr. Stol will be contacted as soon as a decision is
reached on the
application.

INIS Oireachtas
Mail-In Query"

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:04 pm

I'm at the end of my tether now. Seriously. At this point, they have got to be taking the p*ss. I just got a letter from INIS as follows:

While processing your application it was noted that your GNIB registration expired on 2* June 2009. I would be obliged if you could re-register with GNIB and forward a copy of your registration to this office.

Thing is, I RENEWED my GNIB the first week of June!

I just drafted a letter with the photocopies of my GNIB card as well as the stamp in my passport, but seriously people, I really can't take anymore of their BS.

I'm going down to the guards this evening to check everything is ok on their end, but this is just INSANE.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:40 pm

sideshowsue wrote:I'm at the end of my tether now. Seriously. At this point, they have got to be taking the p*ss. I just got a letter from INIS as follows:

While processing your application it was noted that your GNIB registration expired on 2* June 2009. I would be obliged if you could re-register with GNIB and forward a copy of your registration to this office.

I just drafted a letter with the photocopies of my GNIB card as well as the stamp in my passport, but seriously people, I really can't take anymore of their BS.

I'm going down to the guards this evening to check everything is ok on their end, but this is just INSANE.
I can understand why you are upset. But look at the bright side of things. At least you know your file is not lost or abandoned somewhere. It looks like the Gardai registration database is not linked with the Naturalisation office. Strange! Isn't it. I'll advice you to forward a copy of your updated GNIB card to them. Hopefully you are getting near to the end of this "VERY DARK TUNNEL".

Goodluck

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:42 pm

@ Jake-26: When did you apply?

Jakes_26
Newly Registered

Post by Jakes_26 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:56 pm

9jeirean wrote:@ Jake-26: When did you apply?
March 2008

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:17 pm

9jeirean wrote:
sideshowsue wrote:I'm at the end of my tether now. Seriously. At this point, they have got to be taking the p*ss. I just got a letter from INIS as follows:

I can understand why you are upset. But look at the bright side of things. At least you know your file is not lost or abandoned somewhere. It looks like the Gardai registration database is not linked with the Naturalisation office. Strange! Isn't it. I'll advice you to forward a copy of your updated GNIB card to them. Hopefully you are getting near to the end of this "VERY DARK TUNNEL".

Goodluck
That's what is so weird. They have the correct date for the expiration of my old GNIB card, but they just don't seem to have the information pertaining to the most recent renewal. Does this mean that my renewal wasn't processed properly or does it mean that the INIS case worker just didn't look closely enough at the registration details. Who knows. I drafted a letter pointing out that it was not an error on my part and that I renewed my registration well in advance of the expiry date. I included photocopies of the renewed GNIB card as well as the stamp in my passport giving an expiry date in 2010 as documentary proof of my permission to remain in Ireland.

BDSK2003

Citizenship risk for jobless migrants

Post by BDSK2003 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:56 pm

All,

a friend of mine sent this article about unemployed applicants denied citizenship.

http://www.metroeireann.com/article/cit ... rants,1910

BDSK

jhbmike

Re: Citizenship risk for jobless migrants

Post by jhbmike » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:17 pm

BDSK2003 wrote:All,

a friend of mine sent this article about unemployed applicants denied citizenship.

BDSK
Thanks anyway but thats old news, its already been posted.

BDSK2003

Re: Citizenship risk for jobless migrants

Post by BDSK2003 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:36 pm

jhbmike wrote:
BDSK2003 wrote:All,

BDSK
Thanks anyway but thats old news, its already been posted.
I don't see anybody posted this news in this thread....

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:11 pm

sideshowsue

Update

Post by sideshowsue » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:42 pm

I just got back from the local Garda station to find out whether there were any issues with my registration. According to the GNIB records, I'm totally current with my registration, so the INIS's letter is completely erroneous.

What this says is that the INIS is really not paying close attention to our applications and are making unfortunate errors that are only further delaying an already overly-long process.

I hesitate to recommend bombarding them with paperwork they haven't actually requested, but the alternative is to allow silly oversights like these to occur.

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:17 pm

A quick question about the Long-Term Residency process: does anybody know what are the steps that follow the Garda check in a LTR process? After they do the Garda check does it go usually for approval or there's more steps in between?
Thanks

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:07 pm

goodone wrote:A quick question about the Long-Term Residency process: does anybody know what are the steps that follow the Garda check in a LTR process? After they do the Garda check does it go usually for approval or there's more steps in between?
Thanks
Does the subject line for this thread say : "post all your queries about LTR here" ???

Come on, some common courtesy won't go amiss!

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:24 am

ashimashi, relax. Seems that you had a bad day..

Guys, if somebody has some info wld appreciate a line, otherwise pls ignore.
Many thanks.

HOTSPURS

Re: Update

Post by HOTSPURS » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:28 am

sideshowsue wrote:

I just got back from the local Garda station to find out whether there were any issues with my registration. According to the GNIB records, I'm totally current with my registration, so the INIS's letter is completely erroneous.

What this says is that the INIS is really not paying close attention to our applications and are making unfortunate errors that are only further delaying an already overly-long process.

I hesitate to recommend bombarding them with paperwork they haven't actually requested, but the alternative is to allow silly oversights like these to occur.
It has become a common practise for most of us to keep sending documents if any circumstances change whether or not INIS request- it would be safe to assume that INIS, GNIB, DSFA, Revenue do not talk to eachother. I wish they take lessons from the USA or UK !

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:37 am

Just to let you guys know, I called yesterday 12:00 nn after 10 minutes nice lady answered phone. she said my application is new they will keep me posted if there something new.
forwarded some documents with letter for a change of address a week before.

applied Feb 2008
confirmation letter recieved March- says 30 months processing time
confirmation change address letter recieved July

IrlNational2009
Newly Registered

Post by IrlNational2009 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:32 am

ashimashi wrote:
goodone wrote:A quick question about the Long-Term Residency process: does anybody know what are the steps that follow the Garda check in a LTR process? After they do the Garda check does it go usually for approval or there's more steps in between?
Thanks
Does the subject line for this thread say : "post all your queries about LTR here" ???

Come on, some common courtesy won't go amiss!
Hi, did you get any update regd. your application. I have applied in the mid of 2006 and still waiting for outside agencies

IrlNational2009
Newly Registered

Post by IrlNational2009 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:36 am

Does anyone applied in mid 2006 got any update?

Looking at the posts coming to this forum people who have applied in 2007 and 2008 are too frustrated to get the approval. They should be more patient as we're still waiting...and according to INIS they're processing in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER :P

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:21 pm

IrlNational2009 wrote:Does anyone applied in mid 2006 got any update?

Looking at the posts coming to this forum people who have applied in 2007 and 2008 are too frustrated to get the approval. They should be more patient as we're still waiting...and according to INIS they're processing in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER :P
Didn't get any meaningful update - was told that the file is almost ready to go to minister and they are NOT waiting for any outside agencies and I should hear from them soon but they can't tell when. They told me the same thing last time I rang too (about 2 months ago).

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:23 pm

goodone wrote:ashimashi, relax. Seems that you had a bad day..

Guys, if somebody has some info wld appreciate a line, otherwise pls ignore.
Many thanks.
Thank you but I'm fine.
It's just frustrating to see people's total lack of manners and courtesy when it comes to using forums (combined with laziness). There's many threads about LTR, and you can always start a new one, why on earth would you post something completely irrelevant to a thread that is clearly not about LTR.

americanboy
Newly Registered

Re: INIS QUERYS

Post by americanboy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:34 pm

Jakes_26 wrote:Hi All ,

I approached my local TDand it looks like they have a special e-mail address that they can use to get status updates. Interesting that when I rang the week before that they told me waiting for outside agencies but when I look at the reply that they sent to the TD it looks like it is at a more advanced stage. Also notice how I am called Mr. Ismael in the middle of the e-mail.

"Dear Deputy,

6/03/08. Processing
and the file will be
oming months.

reached on the
application.

INIS Oireachtas
Mail-In Query"
hey mate you applied in march 2008? did you get any letter recently or any time for your p21 salary slips or your recent bank statements?
thanks

Jakes_26
Newly Registered

Re: INIS QUERYS

Post by Jakes_26 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:37 pm

americanboy wrote:
Jakes_26 wrote:Hi All ,

"Dear Deputy,

6/03/08. Processing
and the file will be
oming months.

reached on the
application.

INIS Oireachtas
Mail-In Query"
hey mate you applied in march 2008? did you get any letter recently or any time for your p21 salary slips or your recent bank statements?
thanks
No americanboy , I didnt get any such requests , I dont know if the process is any different because Im married to a Irish Citizen.

rustig
Newly Registered

Post by rustig » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:40 pm

I did my oath yesterday. Not something I would like to do again in a local court. Done and dusted. Now the wait for certificate. Looks like Ireland is the country of "waiting".

I read somewhere that when you apply for your first pasport you have to send original certificate with the application. Correct? I hope it will be returned with the passpaort. Cannot imagine myself have to re-apply for certificate.