ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed, proving earnings for maintanance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

philwafc

Self employed, proving earnings for maintanance

Post by philwafc » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:51 am

Hello all, my wife is applying for her settlement visa soon so of course regarding maintanance I have to prove my income. I'm a self employed window cleaner and earn £300 per week, this can be seen on my bank statements every week (minus £15--20 to pay for petrol,lunch) I will be handing in my accounts done by my accountant but my only worry is as my job is a cash job I have no reciepts. Therefore I am submitting a full list of my clients with prices, a testament which I have written which my clients will sign along with their names and addresses and a few letters from them aswell. Will the ECO be wanting reciepts? No window cleaners deal with reciepts unless they do commercial work but I just clean domestic houses. Besides depending how far back they wanted me to go I would be handing in hundreds if not thousands of reciepts! Any advice appreciated. Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:59 am

They do not ask for receipt or letters from your client. Your bank statement and yearly account are all the proof that you need. These should be enough for this purpose.

Providing them with letter etc from clients will only raise doubts. Just the above is enough in your case

philwafc

Post by philwafc » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:07 pm

Thats an interesting point Batleykhan, but why on earth would it raise doubts?

not sure
Newly Registered

Post by not sure » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:58 pm

batley khan: what does it mean "yearly account"?

I aint got wage slips but just cash in hand and bank statements. is that enough to show income or what?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:17 pm

Thats an interesting point Batleykhan, but why on earth would it raise doubts?
Because in 99.9% of the cases, no one sends receipts, letters or references from their clients on a spouse visa application.If you do something or send something that is unusual only results in the ECO looking deeper into the matter just out of curiousty thus increasing the chance of some mistake which could lead to a refusal

Your accounts done by an accountant should suffice as proof of your earnings

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:24 pm

batley khan: what does it mean "yearly account"?

I aint got wage slips but just cash in hand and bank statements. is that enough to show income or what?
if you are self employed you dont give yourself wage slips. Your accountant whomyou employ to do your accounts will what work out what your earnings are,what tax and NI you have to pay. Self employed people have to do a 12 months account for tax purpose. That is what is a yearly account

That is the proof you require if you are applying for spouse bisa etc.

Only those people who are employed need to provide wage slips for an application

not sure
Newly Registered

Post by not sure » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:59 pm

interesting. so what if someone is a FT student, livin at home and living off student loan and grant? can his mrs get ilr based solely on that or is it better for him to have wage slips??

what abt if someone only became self-employed from may2009 and is a student?

any ideas?