ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

submitting paper work

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hmm

submitting paper work

Post by hmm » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:57 pm

We are going to apply fo a settlement visa - elderly dependent. As you can imagine there are lots of evidence documents to be submiitted with the form along with two supporting letter.
I would like to separe the papers into several different categories, put them into several clear Punched Pockets, then into a medium size ring binder. It'd look professional and easy for ECO as well to read.
but ...
I heard some VFS offices will only accept the documents, no ring binders or any other plastics. Is it true? just wondering how everybody else submitting your paper works?

we'll be applying from India so also like to hear from some one who recently apply for any sort of visa from there?

manythanks

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:27 am

hi

my husband applied in paksitan and we had everything in polypockets, and they just took everything out, and mixed up all the docs,and told my husband to put everything in order aggain....sooo annoying!!!

bototo

Post by bototo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:13 am

Your categories are different from theirs. In their attempt to cross-reference documents to catch you out on some claim or to undermind your application, they'll reorganise and reorganise the docs. They are playing detective.

I'd not bother with any sorting. Just give it to them in one big mixed up pile. In fact, I'd go out of my way to mix them up before submitting them. They'll have to assess every document and can't turn down the application on the documents not being in the correct order.

Do however maintain a detailed cover list of the docs provided and include a copy of that in your application. That will be useful when you go to appeal to defend your position that you did prove x, y or z.

hmm

Post by hmm » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:00 pm

so that's true. I'll just put everything in a one big envelope then. I don't want them to loose my documents, it happened to some one I know, VFS lost some of the small documents such as pay slips, P60 and receipts.

Anyone else experienced it?