ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 5 - LTR Without Condition As To Time Endorsements

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:19 pm

agniukas wrote:if you are a visa required national you will need a re-entry visa, which is in a sticker form. You would get it following your WCATT stamp in your passport, but i think you will have to get your GNIB card first, so that GNIB can register the stamp on their system. so if you apply for re-entry visa, you will get a sticker in your passport.
Fantastic!!! This is exactly what I was looking for...I am happy to spend those €150 now...Lets my adapted country get bit of cash flowing in public sector :lol: :lol:

TRV

Post by TRV » Mon May 04, 2009 1:08 pm

does anybody got approval for without condition as to time based on time spent on intracompany transfer visa? i know student time does not count but how about this intra company transfer visa?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon May 04, 2009 3:06 pm

I'd say time spent on intra-company transfer would not count for WCATT stamp. It does not count for long term residency, so probably wouldn't count towards WCATT

bellmr
Newly Registered

Post by bellmr » Mon May 04, 2009 8:46 pm

I applied for my WCATT endorsement in April 2009, having entered the country on 5th April 2001, with a clear stamp showing this date in my expired passport. However INIS have said that I had only been here at that time just over 94 months. I have no stamp in my passport that is even close to early/mid June 2001, so am a bit surprised as to how they came by my 94 months. Have they a redress system, or should I just wait for a few more months to reapply?

tom4

Post by tom4 » Tue May 05, 2009 5:58 pm

bellmr,
I suggest that you write to them and set out in tabular format each stamp, what type it is, what page it is on, when it starts, when it expires, the number of days it covers and then add them all up at the end to get 365x8=2920 days, but make sure that you have a few more than that to allow for leap years, etc.

In short, do their job for them.
Of course, you could do as you suggest and wait 3 months and reapply - including a copy of their letter that said that you have 94 months.

By the way, did you perhaps have a gap between stamps that would account for the missing time?
Also, the residency only starts from when you get your stamps at the GNIB (or local Garda Supt's office if not in Dublin), not from when you arrive at the airport.
Hope this helps.

bellmr
Newly Registered

Post by bellmr » Sun May 10, 2009 8:51 am

tom4,

That is exactly what happened. I arrived in April 2001, but due to work, commuting, and being in the country, I didn't get to see the immigration officer in Tullamore until July 2001. So this is the official date that I entered the country. I will wait until July, and do as you say, spell all out for them. I have a similar letter already composed from when I applied for LTR in December 2008, which as you know, is a painfully slow process.

YMC
Newly Registered

Post by YMC » Thu May 21, 2009 12:29 pm

agniukas wrote:I'd say time spent on intra-company transfer would not count for WCATT stamp. It does not count for long term residency, so probably wouldn't count towards WCATT
The time on intra-company transfer counts for WCATT all-right, unlike LTR. I know somebody who got WCATT in this situation recently no questions asked. Good luck.

HSE

Post by HSE » Thu May 21, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi Folks, quick question please...
does only stamp 5 people can apply for this type of visa.
As i am a doctor and working here more than eight years on stamp 4 always. As doctors in past never required work permit and we were given stamp 4 or just stamps on the old green book.can i apply as well? just wondering.

Thanks.

Also my wife initially on stamp 3 and now stamp 4 on IBC basis since 2005. can she apply too?
any advice will be appreciated thanks.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri May 22, 2009 8:20 am

Hi HSE,
If you have completed 8 years+ on stamp 4 and are NON-EU national, than yes u can apply for without condition as to time .

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements
Its a simple process as explained on INIS website. No application form, just cover letter providing details and required documents sent as registered post.
And this stamp is valid till expiry of your passport. And you only have to go once to GNIB, to change your Stamp 4 to Stamp 5 and Stamp 5 will be valid till expiry of your passport also.
Regards
Tiggs

HSE

Post by HSE » Fri May 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Thanks a million Tiggs for your advice,
just asking about my wife status, as mentioned before she had stamp 3 since mar 2001 and then stamp 4 since 2005 on IBC basis
will she be eligible for that stamp as well
cheers
HSE

HSE

Post by HSE » Fri May 22, 2009 3:09 pm

Without Condition As To Time Endorsements

[b]Categories of qualifying persons

[u]1. Applicant has resided legally in the State for more than eight years
2. Applicant has previous passport endorsement

If you have completed 8 years legal residency in Ireland excluding student conditions you may qualify for a "Without Condition as to Time" endorsement. In order for this office to ensure that you qualify for a "Without Condition As To Time" endorsement you are required to submit the following original documents:-[/u][/b]

1. All expired passports in respect of yourself, since arriving in the State
2. Your current passport

New applications for Without Condition As To Time endorsements can be obtained only by post.

Renewal of Without Condition As To Time endorsements can be made by appointment or by post.
Appointments are available on Tuesday or Thursday mornings from 10.00am until 11.30am.
Applicants can arrange appointments by telephone via the Immigration Helpline, (01) 6167700, Option No. 3 (5).

Alternatively, individuals may make an application in writing by registered post to;

Without Condition Endorsement Section
INIS
3rd Floor
13 - 14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2

Accompanied by the relevant documentation and a short covering note including all their contact details.

so from point 1 and 2 , it seems that anyone who has resided legally in the country EXCLUDING student visa can be considered?
that means she will have a chance as well.. isnt it ?[/b]

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri May 22, 2009 6:46 pm

HSE, just to let you as you are a doctor, you may have spent some time in the state as a temporary registered doctor, which may not be counted towards your 8 years.
time spent on stamp 3 counts towards WCATT stamp

TRV

Post by TRV » Sat May 23, 2009 9:10 am

intra company visa time is not counted to wards this WCAT. I have applied for this but refused.

HSE

Post by HSE » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:36 am

Hi.. can i ask. is there any reason that temp registered doctors period will not be counted towards wcat. just wondering coz when i looked at my old green book stamp, its written that i have been permitted to work in any irish hospital and persuing my post graduate qualification. is it worth to try and apply or leave it until i ll have 8 yrs completed on full registration status? i know agnekius mentioned it MAY NOT be counted. just wondering is it worth it to try as i try t ocall them but they are worse than even naturalisation dept t o pick up the phone. did any talked ot them on the phone.whenever i called that number and then went to option 3 n then 5 it always goes for more than 15 mins average on hold n then gone.:((

NearlyIrish

Timeframe for processing WCATT

Post by NearlyIrish » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi folks,

just wondering if any of you have recently applied for WCATT and what's the timeframe for processing like.

Thanks,

NI

HSE

Post by HSE » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:04 pm

hi folks , did anybody actually have called to this WCATT number. coz let me clarify after dialing the number, we have to go to option 5 then option 3 as mentioned on their website but then after that.... what is the waiting time?
coz twice i waited for more than 15 mins and its actually more than even naturalisation calling team. any experience on this would be appreciated.

NearlyIrish....
usual WCATT time is like 5-6 working days max. please see scrudu spread sheet where some dudes have put in their expereicne under LTR heading.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:28 pm

HSE, general Immigration helpline option 3 and 5 maybe busy due to odd queries that they get. Even if there is one person in front of you on the line it can take ages until they get all the answers to their questions. they are dealing with all temp reg doctors, de facto relationships, dependants, WCATT, change of name, students, visitors, c visit visas and other cathegories. so you should patient, that's all I can suggest you. best of luck

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:49 pm

Regarding contacting INIS for wccat, i remember i couldn't get through to them using options mentioned on that 3 & 5 one... i somehow go put through to operator/reception that lady forwarded me to without condition endorsement person who answered all the questions i have.
As far as the process goes, it doesnt take long..Specially not as long as LTR and naturalisation.

Kind Regards
Tiggs

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Thanks to all,

I sent all my passports and cover letter to INIS yesterday. Hopefully, I'll get them back in 5-6 days. Just need further clarifications on the below:

1. How do they send the passports back? Registered post or normal?
2. What stamp does one get and for how long is it valid?
3. Is one exempted from work permit?
4. How does this stamp benefit the spouse? My wife is currently on a spousal permit which follows my work permit. So, if I get the WCATT how will this benefit my wife.

Thanks in advance,
NI

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:08 pm

1. passports are returned by reg post
2. stamp is valid till the expiry of your passport. once you renew your passport, you would request a renewal of your WCATT stamp in your new passport.
3. i guess you are allowed to work without a work permit
4. no benefit to your spouse what so ever. she continues to remain on her own permission until she is entitled to apply for WCATT in her own right.

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Thanks for clarifying.
Rgds,

NI

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi Folks,

Got a very pleasant surprise this morning, my passports arrived by registered post with one stamp saying the following: The holder of this passport is permitted to reside in Ireland without condition as to time."

There is also a letter stating the endorsement is valid up to the expiry date of the passport (which is in 10 yrs time) and requesting me to return to GNIB to have an amended certificate of registration.

The question I have is that will the GNIB card be issued for a 10 year period as well and what will be the stamp. I've been told it's going to be a stamp 5???

Thanks,

NI

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:48 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:Hi Folks,

Got a very pleasant surprise this morning, my passports arrived by registered post with one stamp saying the following: The holder of this passport is permitted to reside in Ireland without condition as to time."

There is also a letter stating the endorsement is valid up to the expiry date of the passport (which is in 10 yrs time) and requesting me to return to GNIB to have an amended certificate of registration.

The question I have is that will the GNIB card be issued for a 10 year period as well and what will be the stamp. I've been told it's going to be a stamp 5???

Thanks,

NI
Stamp 5 is correct for Without Condition as to Time (person with more than 8 years reckonable residency).

Stamp 6 is correct for Without Condition (Irish citizens).

In any case, the rights and provisions of Stamp 5 and Stamp 6 are essentially identical.

The GNIB card / certificate of registration should be valid until the expiry date on your passport, afaik.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

HSE

Post by HSE » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:40 am

congrats nearly irish... thats another step towards being full irish :)

can i ask what stamp did u have before u applied for this WCATT. and any gaps etc in ur time frame as well.

Also did u get appointment by calling them or simply just sent ur passport with cover letter thru reg post as sheer chance?
Thanks and congrats again mate.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:45 am

hi if you lost your previous passports and have all the photocopy can you use it to apply for WCATT?