ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu 4 & EU FAM

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mirzhar

Eu 4 & EU FAM

Post by mirzhar » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Does any one know whats the diffrence and can i travel to Ey with my wife in Eu countries without visa if i have EU fam 4 or EU 4

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Eu 4 & EU FAM

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:15 pm

mirzhar wrote:Does any one know whats the diffrence and can i travel to Ey with my wife in Eu countries without visa if i have EU fam 4 or EU 4

Thanks
Mirzhar i have never heard of EU4, in Ireland they issue Stamp 4 EU Fam, which will be sufficient to travel visa free to other EU countries. You have to be aware that some of these countries who obey the law and allow visa free travel, request you to be with your wife in order to avail of these rights. Some of them like Sweden and Latvia, allows you to travel visa free with or without your wife. I will advise you to check with them before you make your travel plans.

If however you manage to get to the border of the ones that require you to have a visa, they cannot deport you if your wife is traveling with you

mirzhar

eu4 and eu fam 4

Post by mirzhar » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:27 pm

dear Obie

Thanks for reply , EU 4 is temp stamp which was given i assume to all non eu national when they arrive after eu fam 4 determine in due course which can take up to six months .

during that time if you have to go abroad then what happen would they let you come inside the country even if there is decision pending on EU treaty right

Obie
Ireland

Re: eu4 and eu fam 4

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:06 pm

mirzhar wrote:dear Obie

Thanks for reply , EU 4 is temp stamp which was given i assume to all non eu national when they arrive after eu fam 4 determine in due course which can take up to six months .

during that time if you have to go abroad then what happen would they let you come inside the country even if there is decision pending on EU treaty right
They did not give you EU 4 as they haven't confirmed your residency under EU law yet. They gave you a normal stamp 4 which you can travel with, provided you apply for a Re-entry visa , which will be issued free of charge at GNIB because you are married to a EU citizen

highstoolhero
Newly Registered

Post by highstoolhero » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:58 am

Holder of stamp 4EUFam is visa exempt entering Ireland. Stamp 4 holder may still be required to have Visa. ie Chinese married to Irish Citizen travels on Stamp 4 and will require visa to re-enter Ireland; whereas Chinese citizen married to UK citizen can get stamp 4EUFam and are then exempted re-entry visa to Ireland.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:47 am

from
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/Refer ... -checklist
Stamp number 4
Issued to the following categories of people, all of whom are permitted to work without needing an employment permit or business permission:
* Spouses of Irish nationals
* Family members of EEA nationals
* People who have permission to remain on the basis of parentage of an Irish child
* Convention and Programme refugees
* Former asylum-seekers granted leave to remain
* Non-EEA nationals on intra-company transfer
* Temporary registered doctors
* Non-EEA nationals who have working visas or work authorisations.

Stamp number 4 (EU FAM)
Issued to non-EEA national family members of EU citizens who have exercised their right to move to and live in Ireland under the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2006.
People holding this stamp are permitted to work without needing an employment permit or business permission, and they can apply for a residence card under the Regulations.
If you hold a STAMP-4 you need both Schengen visa and Irish re-entry visa

If you hold a 4EUFAM you don't need Schengen visa or Irish re-entry visa
But please read >this< first.

Oh ! And the UK refuse everything. They illegally require EEA-permit

dar_man
Newly Registered

Post by dar_man » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:58 pm

acme4242 wrote:from
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/Refer ... -checklist
If you hold a STAMP-4 you need both Schengen visa and Irish re-entry visa
For your information:
My wife has a STAMP-4 (Expiring early September) and an Irish Visa which expires in few weeks.

Last month, an immigration control guy in Abu Dhabi almost jumped out of his seat when we showed him only the Stamp-4. He went back to normal only after he saw the visa too. He was sure that only a STAMP-4 (i.e. expired Irish visa or whatever) wouldn't be enough.

BUT, last week, during another trip, we asked the immigration officer in Dublin airport and we were told that just a STAMP-4 would be enough for my wife to enter Ireland (even with expired Irish Visa).

Unfortunately, we will not be able to try/confirm that, as we are leaving Ireland for good very soon.

Obviously EU has tried a lot to make our life easier, considering that such things few years ago would be unimaginable, but unfortunately there are still plenty of things to be done to make these procedures as straight forward as they ought to be

Good luck

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: eu4 and eu fam 4

Post by ca.funke » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:08 pm

mirzhar wrote:...EU 4 is temp stamp which was given...
Hi mirzhar,

welcome to this forum and welcome to Ireland.

If you have a 4EUFam card all you need to know can be found >>here<<.

If you are married to an EU-national but do not have a 4EUFam-card (yet), all you need to know can be found >>here<<.

Enjoy Ireland, enjoy your trips to Europe,
regards from Zürich,
Christian