ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

police registration

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raoul
Newly Registered

police registration

Post by Raoul » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:45 am

i have been on a student visa for almost 4 years, yet i only registered with the police on my arrival on my 1st year and this year. simply i have 2 unregistered dates, will this affect my application process?

vinata

Post by vinata » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:11 am

It would rase lots of questions, therefore, you should attach a cover letter with your application explaining your situation and stipulating why this had happened.

In according to immigration rules you have to register your visa extensions with the police within 7 days and every time you change the address. If your first visa was issued for 3 years, then there was no need to go to the police every single year. But if you had your extensions every single year and still didn't register them with the police, then it may create some problems for you.

Call the HO helpline and ask this question. They are the ones who are going to deal with it, so should know best.

Raoul
Newly Registered

help please! Warning on my police registration form

Post by Raoul » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:03 pm

HELP PLEASE! ****** police officer! very rude, and smelly if i have to mention, officer!

ok i rang and explained the situation, they told me to come and give the adresses and they will stamp my registration form. the people decieved me!
i got there, and the rude ( and smelly, she really need a bath, was gonna vomit from the smell of her arm pits) said i am going to give you a warning for living in an address without informing us. she wrote WARNING on my form!

am i in trouble now? this is not fair! now at PEO are they going to tell me you are in breach of your student visa? bloody hell why did i go and inform them? i should not as they have my updated address. when i registerd at the beginning of this year, i told the officer that i lived somewhere else, but forgot to inform them and do not remember the address, so she said its ok and she stamped the new address without mentioning anything! now i went back today asking them to stamp the other address and they wrote WARNING!

can someone help me please? what should i do now? i know UKBA want any reason to deny us visas!

please advice me

Raoul
Newly Registered

Post by Raoul » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:05 pm

i rang home office, they said it depends to the case worker! so that was not helpful then i rang police registration office and they told me come and we will stamp it for you. then the smelly rude officer dealt with me! how unlucky i am!

Raoul
Newly Registered

Post by Raoul » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:38 pm

vinata wrote:It would rase lots of questions, therefore, you should attach a cover letter with your application explaining your situation and stipulating why this had happened.

In according to immigration rules you have to register your visa extensions with the police within 7 days and every time you change the address. If your first visa was issued for 3 years, then there was no need to go to the police every single year. But if you had your extensions every single year and still didn't register them with the police, then it may create some problems for you.

Call the HO helpline and ask this question. They are the ones who are going to deal with it, so should know best.
anyone expert/advisor around on this forum?

vinata

Post by vinata » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:37 pm

Don't panic. Nothing bad has happened yet. Just attach the cover letter with your visa application and clearly explain what has happened.

Of course nobody can guarantee how a case worker might look at this issue, but as long as you disclose everything honestly, I don't think you are going to be in troube.

If you can try to obtain a legal advice as well.

meats
BANNED

Re: help please! Warning on my police registration form

Post by meats » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Raoul wrote:HELP PLEASE! ****** police officer! very rude, and smelly if i have to mention, officer!

ok i rang and explained the situation, they told me to come and give the adresses and they will stamp my registration form. the people decieved me!
i got there, and the rude ( and smelly, she really need a bath, was gonna vomit from the smell of her arm pits) said i am going to give you a warning for living in an address without informing us. she wrote WARNING on my form!

am i in trouble now? this is not fair! now at PEO are they going to tell me you are in breach of your student visa? bloody hell why did i go and inform them? i should not as they have my updated address. when i registerd at the beginning of this year, i told the officer that i lived somewhere else, but forgot to inform them and do not remember the address, so she said its ok and she stamped the new address without mentioning anything! now i went back today asking them to stamp the other address and they wrote WARNING!

can someone help me please? what should i do now? i know UKBA want any reason to deny us visas!

please advice me
Why you abusing the police officer? You're the one who failed to register, she's only doing her job.

ash786
BANNED

Re: help please! Warning on my police registration form

Post by ash786 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:15 am

Raoul wrote:HELP PLEASE! ****** police officer! very rude, and smelly if i have to mention, officer!

please advice me
There is no need to abuse the police as they are doing their job. U seem to forget on 2 occasions to inform the police. Its u responsiblity to do so. If she has stamped warning then its u mistake. She did the right thing. U got away first time but not the second time. Now if the case worker checks all that and finds out that on 2 occasions u did not register with the police then u application can be in problem as police registration is a compulusory requirement.

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: police registration

Post by jack199 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am

Raoul wrote:i have been on a student visa for almost 4 years, yet i only registered with the police on my arrival on my 1st year and this year. simply i have 2 unregistered dates, will this affect my application process?
Can i ask you what Nationality are you? because only certain Nationalities would have to register with police. But the full information is available on the UKBA website. BUT below is the summary

Registration with the police, if this is required by paragraph
326 of the Immigration Rules;

Appendix 2 - Countries or territories whose nationals or citizens are relevant foreign nationals for the purposes of Part 10 of these Rules
Immigration rules
Registration with the police

Afghanistan
Algeria
Argentina
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Belarus
Bolivia
Brazil
China
Colombia
Cuba
Egypt
Georgia
Iran
Iraq
Israel
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Lebanon
Libya
Moldova
Morocco
North Korea
Oman
Palestine
Peru
Qatar
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Sudan
Syria
Tajikistan
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkmenistan
United Arab Emirates
Ukraine
Uzbekistan
Yemen

Raoul
Newly Registered

Post by Raoul » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:55 am

Hey guys! where did i abuse the police for doing their job?
i just stated that the officer who dealt with me smelt really bad! it is a Fact, believe it or not.

anyway, on my visa it does not say that i need to register with the police. however i registered on my arrival and totally forgot about a need to re-register whenever i moved addresses.

i rang a lawyer and she said this may jeopradise your application, maybe because she wanted to represent me and get the 400 quid? i rang another lawyer who said it is unlikely that this may affect your application process as it is not one of the requirement to achieve the 75 points, and not all foreigner nationals are required to register. however he mentioned that they may not issue the visa on the same day and leave it pending for a couple of weeks till making decision. i rang UKCIS and they said if you contacted us on your arrival i would have advised you against registering as it does not state that on your visa, regardless of what the list says. now having registered, you should have followed the requirement.

i have written a note and will be taking it with me on the end of this month to the PEO. i am a bit afraid that providing this note may result in officers delaying the process for weeks. so far i have already been made the lamb that goes to the butcher for slaughtering. police officer on the phone deceived me and did not mention anything re writing worning on my form!

here is a copy of my letter, please let me know your honest opinion re this problem, what do you think will happen, and whether i can do anything else? i have to get this PSW visa as my training year has already been delayed for 2 weeks, and i have to start by the end of the month in order to sit for june exam next year ( only one registration exam/per year after 48 weeks of training).

the home office has already screwed us! on 15th of june they removed the title ' pharmacist' from the shortage list. retrospectively they started rejecting applications so pharmacy chain employers( Boots, lloyds...etc) advised us not to submit anything till they hear back from home office. even that i had my certificate of spons issued in may and it clearly says that if it has been issued before the change of rule, then the old rules should apply. the home office ignored this fact.......... now you are wondering why not to appeal? simply TIME is my problem! otherwise we could all get tier 2 ( pharmacy graduate) as our recruitment process was started last year, signed contract for this training year last year, and CoS been issued in may so it is a straight forward win case. appealind needs weeks if not months, and i have to start training by end of july otherwise i would have to sit for 2011 not 2010 registration exam with the pharmaceutical society.

retrospective treatment is not the way forward! how could they expect people to follow the old rules when their applications has been submitted before any change in rules? brainless decision from people out of touch with reality......
i was made an admin on a facebook group demanding justice from home office, with more than 30 pharmacy graduates. i started a petition but it has not yet been approved by downing street ( been more than 12 days!).

having said that, now i understand that the home office is looking for any reason to reject the applications! and not having the positive thoughts..... if i do not get the vise on the same day, i will be screwed as employers did not agree to start us on our student visa which is still valid till december.

anyway here is a copy of my letter, please let me know your honest opinion and what do you think the decision will be or if there is anything else i could do!

When I first came to England as a student of (edited) University in September 2005, I registered with ( edited, town name) police even though this was not a specified requirement on my visa. Since this initial registration I have changed address. I was not aware that I had to re-register with the police each time I moved address. Once I became aware of this I immediately rushed to ----- City police station to register my current address and advise the police of the previous addresses that I had lived at. Unfortunately, that day I did not know the full postal address details so the police only updated the certificate to include my current address.
I honestly had no intentions to hide information regarding my previous addresses. I rang ----- police station on 9th July 2009 once I realised that I would need to provide this certificate with my application for a post study work visa as I was concerned that my previous addresses had not been recorded by the police. I was advised to attend the station so that they could update my record. When I went to the police station later that day they updated my addresses and wrote “warning ref non reporting some addressesâ€

Raoul
Newly Registered

Post by Raoul » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:58 am

for more info re Tier 2 problem and the retrospective treatment, have a look at ou society publication.
Community pharmacists are no longer on shortage occupation list
15 June 2009
http://www.rpsgb.org.uk/pdfs/pr090615.pdf

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:27 am

Raoul wrote:anyway, on my visa it does not say that i need to register with the police. however i registered on my arrival and totally forgot about a need to re-register whenever i moved addresses.
Reporting to the police wrote:If it applies to you, the visa we put in your passport will clearly say so. You must register at a specified police station within seven days of the requirement being made.
If you have never been required to register, then I don't see how you would be required to re-register.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinata

Post by vinata » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:00 am

Your note is fine, however, as this visa is really important for you, I would personally recomend you to get a lawer. In this way you would eliminate every possibility for the HO to refuse your application. Believe me, good lawers can do miracles. Of course, they would charge you for doing this, but since you need a guaranteed result, the money doesn't really matter in this situation.

I personally applied for my PSW in March 09 without a lawer and was refused because I wasn't aware of the new £800 rule. I now wish I could have hired a lawer in the first place, as this situatiion might not have happened at all! And I wish I had paid £400 for visa application than £1,700 for my representation in court.

But the choice is yours.

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:14 am

Did you really paid 1,700 to your solicitor?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:04 pm

I do not understand u situation. If it says in u passport then u will have to regitser with the police and if it does not say then u do not need to register with the police. Did HO ask u to register with the police in u extension application. Does it say to register with the police in u passport?

Raoul
Newly Registered

Post by Raoul » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:12 pm

hello guys, thanks for all the replies. let me clarify some bits.
1- i had a student visa and now switing to post study work visa
2- it does not say in my passport that i need to register
3- i do not know why, i registered with the police. there was a drop in session at my uni on my 3rd day in england in 2005 and i registered then.
4- my country is on the list, not sure if it was on the list in 2005 or no, but it does not say anything about registering with police on my visa
5- UK council for international students told me if u rang us on your 1st day we would have told you not to register as it does not say that on your visa, now having you registered, you have to comply with the rules.

the important question is: do i have to submit my police registration when i go in person to th PEO? as it is not a requirement, in the summery page it just what form of evidence i submitted and how many. there is a box for police registration, should i write 1 and submit it or not submit it? is it a requirement if i have a police cerificate to submit it?

thanks

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:41 pm

The problem u have that u were not required in u first entry to register with the police and cuz u did it cuz of uni then u have to comply with the rules as u country is on the list. Can u tell me if u provided the HO with a police certificate? If u have done it in u extensions then HO will need it for PSW as it will be on their system. If you did not provide them with Police certificate in previous extensions then u will be fine. Hav a look at u current visa sticker and see if it says to register with the police. If it does then u will have to provide one and if it does not then its 50:50. If HO refuses the application then u will have soud grounds to win it. The police registration shud be shown in u passport and if it does not then HO can not refuse the application.

Raoul
Newly Registered

Post by Raoul » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:52 pm

ash786 wrote:The problem u have that u were not required in u first entry to register with the police and cuz u did it cuz of uni then u have to comply with the rules as u country is on the list. Can u tell me if u provided the HO with a police certificate? If u have done it in u extensions then HO will need it for PSW as it will be on their system. If you did not provide them with Police certificate in previous extensions then u will be fine. Hav a look at u current visa sticker and see if it says to register with the police. If it does then u will have to provide one and if it does not then its 50:50. If HO refuses the application then u will have soud grounds to win it. The police registration shud be shown in u passport and if it does not then HO can not refuse the application.

this is the 1st time i am switing or extending my visa. i was on a student visa for 4 years, got it from back home, and my student visa is still valid till december. however since i have a training year starting from the end of this month, i have to switch to post study work visa.

on my passport, after registering with police, police stamped : holder of alien registration number ( the number on the police registration).

i still did not apply, i have an appointment at shiffeild on 24th of july. i am getting my original degree dertificate on 23rd.

can someone tell me what happens that day? do i have the chance to explain anything? or they only take papers and make a decision then inform me after an hour?

what if i do not submit the police registration? will they come and ask me for it so i give it to them, or they will just make a decison (issue visa or not) based on what they have that minute? i will take police registration with me with the supplementary letter i wrote to explain what happen.

waiting to hear back from anyone

regards

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:09 am

Raoul wrote:
ash786 wrote:The problem u have that u were not required in u first entry to register with the police and cuz u did it cuz of uni then u have to comply with the rules as u country is on the list. Can u tell me if u provided the HO with a police certificate? If u have done it in u extensions then HO will need it for PSW as it will be on their system. If you did not provide them with Police certificate in previous extensions then u will be fine. Hav a look at u current visa sticker and see if it says to register with the police. If it does then u will have to provide one and if it does not then its 50:50. If HO refuses the application then u will have soud grounds to win it. The police registration shud be shown in u passport and if it does not then HO can not refuse the application.

this is the 1st time i am switing or extending my visa. i was on a student visa for 4 years, got it from back home, and my student visa is still valid till december. however since i have a training year starting from the end of this month, i have to switch to post study work visa.

on my passport, after registering with police, police stamped : holder of alien registration number ( the number on the police registration).

i still did not apply, i have an appointment at shiffeild on 24th of july. i am getting my original degree dertificate on 23rd.

can someone tell me what happens that day? do i have the chance to explain anything? or they only take papers and make a decision then inform me after an hour?

what if i do not submit the police registration? will they come and ask me for it so i give it to them, or they will just make a decison (issue visa or not) based on what they have that minute? i will take police registration with me with the supplementary letter i wrote to explain what happen.

waiting to hear back from anyone

regards
Like i said before that u were not required before but u did it cuz uni said so now u will need to provide one for PSW plus send a covering letter explaining the situation. Not providing might harm u application but submitting one wud not. Its a 50:50.

nordiga
Newly Registered

Post by nordiga » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:39 am

Hi Raoul,

Can we get an update on your situation? did your application get approved eventually? I sure hope so!

Thanks