ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LTR refused 'cus im on business permission now

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amitindia30
Newly Registered

LTR refused 'cus im on business permission now

Post by amitindia30 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:18 pm

Dear All,

I applied LTR in Jan 2007. I got letter in sep 2008 that my 60 months are not completed on the basis of work permit. That was because they missed the first stamp on my passport. I wrote them back that I've been here for more than 70 months on the basis of work permit with proofs. They sent me letter back now (July 2009) after 10 months saying I can't get it because I am on a Business Permission at present.

They said they will have a look again when my Business Permission is expired. I am now wondering, if I dont renew BP then I'll be illegal and then they would never give me LTR!!!

They have that Business Permission rule now but was it there all the time? Has anyone got the previous copy of LTR rules / eligibility, may be from the time of Jan 2007? I could sent them that and say it wasn't the requirement when I applied.

Sorry about the detailed query and thanks for replies in advance.

cheers
-amit

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:17 pm

time spent on business permission does not count towards LTR. only time spent on work permits, work authorisation and working visa count towards LTR. LTR is an administrative scheme, they are allowed to change the rules as they go. But the business permission was never counted for LTR.

amitindia30
Newly Registered

Post by amitindia30 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:31 pm

hey, i am not counting business permission for LTR. I recently changed my status from work permit to business permission. I have been here on work permit for 70 months and then changed to business permission 10 months ago.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:36 pm

you are probably the first case like that for LTR, therefore, the section is probably still thinking what to do with you. Sorry no advise there...

tom4

Post by tom4 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:39 am

Maybe try writing them a letter explaining the situation and listing the page, dates and stamp No. for each stamp, include a new copy of your passport for them to refer to.
They might not give it to you because you are no longer on work permits, but perhaps if you pointed out that you have already qualified (and a bit more) they might take a look at it.
Also, try to do it as a reply to their letter so you don't get treated as a new application and put at the back of the queue.

Hope that helps.