ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP extension refused for missing police registration.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pencillin

HSMP extension refused for missing police registration.

Post by pencillin » Mon May 04, 2009 11:20 pm

A friend of mine applied for extension under tier 1 (he had HSMP for 2 years), he applied but forgot to enclose the police registration certificate. He sent his application before his hsmp leave expired. It took them three weeks to send back the rejection letter saying he didn't enclose police registration and so they can't consider his application, they gave him 28 days to leave the country.

What can he do, he said that he asked a lawyer and he told him there's nothing he can do and he should leave, is this correct?

Regards

pencillin

Post by pencillin » Tue May 05, 2009 9:42 pm

Anyone please? do you think there's anyhope? he's so hopeless he's packing his stuff now!

pachenbel
Newly Registered

police registration

Post by pachenbel » Wed May 06, 2009 12:37 pm

1) CHECK HIS LAST VISA/ RESIDENCE PERMITT: IF IT'S STATED THAT HE HAD TO REGISTER IN THE POLICE, HE NEEDS TO INCLUDE THE POLICE REGISTRATION IN THE VISA APPLICATION;

2) IF THE POLICE REGISTRATION IS NOT ENDORSED IN HIS LAST VISA/ RESIDENCE PERMITT, THEN :

A) CHANGE LAWYER
B) HIRE AN IMMIGRATION LAWYER
C) ASK LAWYER TO WRITE AN INTRODUCTION LETTER TO YOUR CASE EXPLANING THAT POLICE REGISTRATION WAS NOT MANDATORY IN YOUR LAST VISA PERMIT THEREFORE YOU DIDN'T HAVE IT
D) IF YOU HAD A VISA REFUSED - SEND THE SAME APPLICATION FOR APPEAL
E) IF YOU HAD THE APPLICATION INVALID (NOT REFUSED) - YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO APPEAL, THEREFORE, YOU NEED TO ASK LAWYER TO SEND A FRESH APPLICATION
F) SEND NEW BANK LETTER/ STATEMENTS - DATES UP TO DATE.

- first of all, change lawyers, as you have rights.

if you didn't include just one piece of document, home office should hold your documentation and write to ask to add what's missing. if your bank statements and other docs are listed and comply with the requirements, everything should be fine. You have the right to appeal.

good luck!!!!

pencillin

Post by pencillin » Thu May 07, 2009 6:43 pm

I didn't understand your post entirely, he know he had to register with the police and he had registered but he forgot to enclose the registration certificate. his application was invalid, all other documents are complete and he is eligible for extension, but by the time he received his application back his visa has expired and he was told by his laywer that he couldn't appeal cause his application was invalid and that he should leave teh country.
This is completely rediculous, his whole life has been destroyed only because he forgot to attache his police registration, there should be a time frame he could re apply within!

wph85
Newly Registered

NOT Everybody require this Registration

Post by wph85 » Sat May 09, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi All,

Not everybody require Police Registration, Please read carefully below details and think.

POLICE REGISTRATION
The requirements and procedure to register with the police are subject to changes without prior warnings. The information below is only generic. Before you proceed you should be check with either one of our consultants or the BIA or Overseas Visitors Record Office (Tel: 02072301208).

Overseas nationals (aged 16 and above) of the following countries planning in remaining in the UK for more than 6 months MUST register with the police within 7 days of their arrival in the country:

NATIONALITIES REQUIRED TO REGISTER

Afghanistan . Algeria . Argentina . Armenia . Azerbaijan
Bahrain . Belarus . Bolivia . Brazil
China . Columbia . Cuba
Egypt
Georgia
Iran . Iraq . Israel
Jordan
Kazakstan . Kirigizstan . Korea (N) Kuwait
Lebanon . Libya
Moldova . Morocco
Oman .
Palestine . Peru
Qatar
Russia
Saudi Arabia . Sudan . Syria
Tajikistan . Tunisia . Turkey . Turkmenistan
U.A.E. . Ukraine . Uzbekistan
Yemen

After the initial registration, the foreign nationals must update his registration when changing address or job.

bayevnat
Newly Registered

Post by bayevnat » Sat May 09, 2009 5:16 pm

I would re-apply (rather than trying to get them to re-consider) and explain what happened in a covering letter (very politely). Also add that your frind established his life here, has a job, mortgage etc. The more the merrier. Emphasize that he has registered, just did not enclose it last time. The lawyer is an idiot in my opinion. Understand it is a waste of money, but I think there are more chances to get things sorted quickly that way.

can i get approval?
Newly Registered

Post by can i get approval? » Sat May 09, 2009 7:11 pm

what nationality is he? I am about to apply for my extension and am not aware I have to register with the police?

maybe give a few of the work permit companies who submit the visas for a living a call such as work permit.com London office: +44 (0)844 991 9222

I am going to be looking into this as well as with all the recent changes with the immigration laws I am finding it difficult to even find the correct form!

I applied for my HSMP initially by myself and probably saved myself £800 but this time I may pay extra for an agency to do it for me as it is just seeming way to unclear and complicated!

Raoul
Newly Registered

Post by Raoul » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:24 pm

can i get approval? wrote:what nationality is he? I am about to apply for my extension and am not aware I have to register with the police?

maybe give a few of the work permit companies who submit the visas for a living a call such as work permit.com London office: +44 (0)844 991 9222

I am going to be looking into this as well as with all the recent changes with the immigration laws I am finding it difficult to even find the correct form!

I applied for my HSMP initially by myself and probably saved myself £800 but this time I may pay extra for an agency to do it for me as it is just seeming way to unclear and complicated!
guys i need to write a letter and take it to a lawyer to sign it and varify it for me. i forgot to reigster with the police for one year, i went back today to register and they wrote a warining on my certificate ( warning, non- reporting change of addresses).

help please....... any formal letter on the net? what do we call the letter ' searing that i had no intentions to deceived, i just was totally forgot to register my address as my police certificate was left back home for one year'.
any lawyers who know what do we call this letter ' what title should i use' ?

parvus1202

Post by parvus1202 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:05 pm

You need to talk personaly to an immigration lawyer. If your visa has already been expired then that would be a problem. You are now overstayer. The lawyer might tell you to leave uk and apply in your country for re-entry.

Raoul
Newly Registered

Post by Raoul » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:09 pm

i never said my visa has expired! it is still valid till december, student visa. but i have an appointment for PSW visa in 2 weeks time.
i will write a letter to explain but not sure what to do.....

jahil
Newly Registered

Re: HSMP extension refused for missing police registration.

Post by jahil » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:26 pm

pencillin wrote:A friend of mine applied for extension under tier 1 (he had HSMP for 2 years), he applied but forgot to enclose the police registration certificate. He sent his application before his hsmp leave expired. It took them three weeks to send back the rejection letter saying he didn't enclose police registration and so they can't consider his application, they gave him 28 days to leave the country.

What can he do, he said that he asked a lawyer and he told him there's nothing he can do and he should leave, is this correct?

Regards
Pencillin

Just ask your friend to apply again ASAP with police registration and all other docs needed to support extension.

send a cover letter explaining all what happened in last application and also explaining his ties with UK - job continuation , mortgage or family life if applies to his situation etc etc

there should not be any problem in HO granting extension of course if he is eligible otherwise.

Even if HO rejects again which is unlikely he can go to appeal . AIT

If thats refuses he can go to judicial review , its extreme we are talking about . Infact HO will grant him extension.

He will need to act fast though.

fosho

Post by fosho » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:05 pm

any updates on this case, my sister had similar situation.
thanks

Raoul
Newly Registered

hey

Post by Raoul » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:41 am

yes
visa was issued on the same day, they asked for police registration but i said i got it somewhere at my house, as my visa did not say anything about registering with the police. he said fine, but a new condition on your new visa is to register with the police within 7 days of moving address. no further questions, and i did not submit the letter to explain anything.

if your visa does not say register with police, however your country is under the list, then do as what i did.
regards