ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*CCL* Test Case Determination is Out & Students Lost

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:59 pm

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:Could someone please tell me if i take back my case, How much time will it take and how much would i get to leave the country? Any other info related to it?
i think u have a solicitor so everything will b done thru him therefore better approach him for an advice on this matter but i wud say if u r a confident 2 defend ur case den b patient and where u have waited for so long there just 1 or 2 more months wont harm ...rest its ur own choice...at this point em neutral 2 everybuddy no matter u r fake or u r genuine but i wud encourage every1 who have been waiting fro atleast last 2-3 months that do not lose hope and keep praying ..at the end everything will turn out 2 b gud inshallah !

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:06 pm

Rajaali wrote:
tuhadda_fuffar wrote:Could someone please tell me if i take back my case, How much time will it take and how much would i get to leave the country? Any other info related to it?
i think u have a solicitor so everything will b done thru him therefore better approach him for an advice on this matter but i wud say if u r a confident 2 defend ur case den b patient and where u have waited for so long there just 1 or 2 more months wont harm ...rest its ur own choice...at this point em neutral 2 everybuddy no matter u r fake or u r genuine but i wud encourage every1 who have been waiting fro atleast last 2-3 months that do not lose hope and keep praying ..at the end everything will turn out 2 b gud inshallah !
Yeah Raja Ali, but i am not going away like this...i will wait for another two to three months and after that i have to go due to some personal matter.
I have not asked my solicitor about it as I have not paid him fully yet....and i am sure if i ask him this, he would demand rest of the money, which i am not able to pay in this month.
So if u have any info, please let me know.

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:09 pm

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
Rajaali wrote:
Yeah Raja Ali, but i am not going away like this...i will wait for another two to three months and after that i have to go due to some personal matter.
I have not asked my solicitor about it as I have not paid him fully yet....and i am sure if i ask him this, he would demand rest of the money, which i am not able to pay in this month.
So if u have any info, please let me know.
well as i said i myself is a normal student like u and have no idea bout immigration law and prolly this is y i hired a solicitor otherwise i didnt needed one ...but i hope sum1 else in this forum may b of any help 2 u and dun worry inshallah everything will b sorted in next 1 to 2 months as far as i think !

aquasaggi

Post by aquasaggi » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:27 pm

[hopefully, like all other colleges are now sorted out by ho, hopefully this matter will be sorted out soon ..inshallah.
keeping fingers crossed

munnabhai123
Newly Registered

Post by munnabhai123 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:17 am

hi all, as far as withdrawl is considered, i was the one looking to withdrew my case but i didnt. its my opinion(u can confirm it to ur solicitor as i havent got any solicitor) if u have already filed an appeal to AIT and now u want to withdraw ur appeal before the decision then the conclusion of ur case will be considered as blank but as ho have the case of deception against u and u filed an appeal then after withdrawl u cant be able to apply for 5 yrs instead of 1 yr. 1 yr restriction was for those who didnt appeal against the decision of ho and went back to their home country with in 10 working days after the decision. so its a quite sensitive matter and its better to request an advice from solicitors. i know the solicitors are too much greedy not to mention that they are showing this kind of attitude becz they consider all ccl students as bogus. the most relieable source would be to call the ho and asked about the matter bcaz they dnt charge the fee if u r willing to go back to ur home country. wat i heard regarding lead cases hearing is that the ho team did point out the assignments showed by one of the appelant as copied from google and those assignments were not genuinely of that student as he just copied.i dnt know much about the decision but a little while ago, a bunch of students from lloyds college did appeal against their igs refusals and they failed to win the case so i dnt thnk that lead cases will win the decision but i seriously want them to win ccl case otherwise if they lose the case then whether u agree or not each of us will have to suffer alot becaz then the judges will have the mindset of lead cases and it could be a nightmare for all of us to prove bcz u cant defend 2500 cases which u have to if lead cases lose there appeal whether u admit this reality or just hide ur head like ostrich

munnabhai123
Newly Registered

Post by munnabhai123 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:26 am

i hope all of u will not mind as i m also the victim of ccl scam and i planned to visit my home country in april but was unable to do that and i m not sure when i shall be able to visit becz they are taking alot of time resolving scam.in addition, let us not forget the fact that if the government changes its policy towards intl students which i guess could be possible considered the current circumstances. we should wait and see wat will happen in late july.

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:39 am

Lloyds college case was different where home office had the strong evidences against students and college but in this case they are in the same boat as students and burden of proof is on HO not students and judges will have 2 note it down that they cant give a decision against 2500 students based on just 3-4 test cases as this is wat BBC reporter nigel morris also said that it will b a real test for not only home office and students but also for judges to give a decision on the basis of just couple of test cases ...so based on my general intelligence i think the decision will b somewhat like prove urself that u studied for the diploma and go get urself a PSW but that's just my opinion and cud b wrong !

munnabhai123
Newly Registered

Post by munnabhai123 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:15 am

obviously judges cant depend only on the decision of test cases but it is a possiblity that they can impose the decision to all of us by some regulations. my internal feeling is that only those can win the case who are not here in uk for so long because the past extensions will definitely come into play as some of the students sent their extensions in late 07 or early 08 in the courses of bachelors level and most notably first or 2nd yr of their bachelors and then after a yr they applied psw through ccl having those pgd diplomas. wat i mean to say is that the past courses for which students got there extensions will be important as the pgd diploma comes after bachelors.

munnabhai123
Newly Registered

Post by munnabhai123 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:22 am

i know its a bit awkward thinking of mine but we shall be aware that every little point hopo will raise just to get us kick out of uk.if we can satisfy the judge regarding our past record and the reasons and ambition for applying a psw then only we can get a positive result and obviously the questions relate to ccl college will be frequently asked by the hopo

munnabhai123
Newly Registered

Post by munnabhai123 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:23 am

i know its a bit awkward thinking of mine but we shall be aware that every little point hopo will raise just to get us kick out of uk.if we can satisfy the judge regarding our past record and the reasons and ambition for applying a psw then only we can get a positive result and obviously the questions relate to ccl college will be frequently asked by the hopo

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:37 am

munnabhai123 wrote:i know its a bit awkward thinking of mine but we shall be aware that every little point hopo will raise just to get us kick out of uk.if we can satisfy the judge regarding our past record and the reasons and ambition for applying a psw then only we can get a positive result and obviously the questions relate to ccl college will be frequently asked by the hopo
definitely there will b past checks, your previous educational achievements and not 2 forget many students did not just get refusal on the basis of CCL rather i am sure there will b some hundreds of students with maintenance funds issue also so all this wont end up with CCL case been resolved and they will definitely have 2 go a long way thru all this ...as for ur point if sum1 can prove that they met the eligibility requirements for post graduate course then there wont b much hassle for them but yea u r rite there r many i have seen myself who have hardly done a levels or intermediate and even if sum1 did bachelors its not from UK or lets suppose if CCL did accepted their overseas bachelors than many are without english language course like IELTS which is a definite requirement of Post Graduate Course in any college or uni with atleast 6.0 band score or if a student has been studying in UK for last one year before going 2 CCL then that could be exempted ...

so yeah there's alot 2 prove ...lets just forget about CCL for the moment but first u need 2 show u r a genuine student who met the eligibility requirements for the course , den after that comes whether you studied or you bought the qualification and that could be proved if you have your marked quizzes or assignments , course work , lecture handouts, fee payment proofs and any other proofs ...

then the last thing which will be asked and is not so important but for sure will b taken in consideration is that what skills or education he has aside from CCL which could benefit UK so that's only possible if any1 has a second back up qualification or extensive experience in his field .

so even if test case decision comes in favour of CCL students then thats still not easy 2 win an individual case and that's y i kept on saying and will say now that keep researching and gather as much evidences as u can for ur case and dont just rely on test case bcoz test case is definitely not gonna benefit fake students in any case !

munnabhai123
Newly Registered

Post by munnabhai123 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:22 pm

yeah u r absolutely right. only he assignments will not save the students, he or she has to prove that he or she has got the knowledge and skills learnt from ccl which can be easily identified by the judge during hearing time. solicitors do say that if u have a barrister with u , u dont have to say anything but if u r willing to get psw then its only u who can prove and not ur barrister bcaz tribunal will take a critical consideration about ur behaviour and wat u say during ur hearing not ur solicitor

truth
Newly Registered

Post by truth » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:41 pm

hi guys
i dont know y u guys worried abt that ccl issues 2500 diploma if HO accept thousands of application from another colleges so y they have problem with CCL . because last oct not only CCL applied for the PSW thousand of student from another college was applied for psw as far as i know their is not a single college had massive building who carried out thousand of student in one batch and mr Nigel mentioned another name with CCL in his Dec report but now HO cleared this college and issued thousand of PSW on this college.

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:26 pm

truth wrote:hi guys
i dont know y u guys worried abt that ccl issues 2500 diploma if HO accept thousands of application from another colleges so y they have problem with CCL . because last oct not only CCL applied for the PSW thousand of student from another college was applied for psw as far as i know their is not a single college had massive building who carried out thousand of student in one batch and mr Nigel mentioned another name with CCL in his Dec report but now HO cleared this college and issued thousand of PSW on this college.
dude the problem with CCL is that its been raided and if BBC wudnt have reported and made it an issue they neva have bothered 2 raid it tho they knew it already bout CCl and all other colleges that sumthing's fisshy but only CCL has been unfortunate 2 get in that scam ...i would b happy if Govt. or HO take this matter seriously and close all such colleges but it isnt the case rather they just want 2 show the public that they do act upon intellligence reports !

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:06 pm

Rajaali wrote:
dude the problem with CCL is that its been raided and if BBC wudnt have reported and made it an issue they neva have bothered 2 raid it tho they knew it already bout CCl and all other colleges that sumthing's fisshy but only CCL has been unfortunate 2 get in that scam ...i would b happy if Govt. or HO take this matter seriously and close all such colleges but it isnt the case rather they just want 2 show the public that they do act upon intellligence reports !

When i was searching, one solicitor told me that the CCL masterminds already knew that HO is gonna raid the college and they destroyed the record and saved their smart arses already, well before the raid. Even the ones which are caught, dont appear in the hearings. HO doesnt seem to have a strong case, but it applies to students as well when it come to the point that weather the college was allowed to issue PGD or not. It seems like many big fishes are involved, but in the end, students will have to suffer. Strange though.

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:39 pm

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
Rajaali wrote:

When i was searching, one solicitor told me that the CCL masterminds already knew that HO is gonna raid the college and they destroyed the record and saved their smart arses already, well before the raid. Even the ones which are caught, dont appear in the hearings. HO doesnt seem to have a strong case, but it applies to students as well when it come to the point that weather the college was allowed to issue PGD or not. It seems like many big fishes are involved, but in the end, students will have to suffer. Strange though.
dude the issue is not whether college was allowed 2 issue the diploma rather the issue is whether they were actually teaching the diploma ..now c the difference :

1. Allowed to issue the diploma i.e. awarding body status
2. Teaching the qualification i.e. PGD

and for the 1st option the case is very clear cut because all other colleges have the same status i.e. listed bodies as CCL was and they were not issuing any external award rather their own internal diplomas and if u need a proof 2 show the judge then here's the link 2 LIC where they are showing it very clear cut that they offer their own awarded diplomas but em sure judges wont b much bothered bout that and the main issue is even if college was allowed 2 teach and issue the diploma but were they actually teaching it or not . anyways here's the link to LIC website 4 ur clarification :

http://www.londonic.org.uk/postgraduate/lic/

as far as knowing the fact that college will be raided is 100 % right as i met one guy who bought the diploma from one of CCL agents like rabanni and the agent himself warned the guy that the college could be closed at any time so buy this diploma at your own risk so that means everybuddy involved in CCL scam knew that and they packed their stuff before hand.

Last but not the least i heard that the two teachers samia ullah and faisal malik who gave statements did appeared in the court for test case hearing . now i dont know how much true this news is and if they were there then wat did they said and all that , i dont know anything bout that !

snowdude
Newly Registered

Post by snowdude » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:34 pm

hi friends Please help me this matter i got PSW visa from CCL. My visa will expire next year. i want to get married my fiance is british cos of all these cases do i have to go back to my country for applying visa or i can apply from here i still have more than 6 month visa.
Regards

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:43 pm

snowdude wrote:hi friends Please help me this matter i got PSW visa from CCL. My visa will expire next year. i want to get married my fiance is british cos of all these cases do i have to go back to my country for applying visa or i can apply from here i still have more than 6 month visa.
Regards
Snowdude,
I would advice you not to go back to ur country as u will have problems while coming back. Its better if u guys get married in UK and then u apply for ur dependent visa while staying in UK. I guess it would kake some time for you to get ur marriage registration done, by that time CCL decision would be out. Keep on visiting here and then make your final decison after marriage.

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Rajaali wrote:
Last but not the least i heard that the two teachers samia ullah and faisal malik who gave statements did appeared in the court for test case hearing . now i dont know how much true this news is and if they were there then wat did they said and all that , i dont know anything bout that !
Well, is this info reliable? According to my lawyer, none of the witnesses ever appeared in court!
If u have any info about any CCL hearing in coming days, please let me know. I will try to go in court to find correct information.

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:53 pm

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
Rajaali wrote:
Well, is this info reliable? According to my lawyer, none of the witnesses ever appeared in court!
If u have any info about any CCL hearing in coming days, please let me know. I will try to go in court to find correct information.
as i said i dunno whether its truth or not and therefore wont ask any1 to believe on it coz i got 2 know it thru unreliable source and therefore relying on this news is not recommended !

geoatleo

any idea about decison

Post by geoatleo » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:23 pm

hi fellows any news about the decison,at the moment every thing looks halted about ccl, :cry:

Rajaali

Re: any idea about decison

Post by Rajaali » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:28 pm

geoatleo wrote:hi fellows any news about the decison,at the moment every thing looks halted about ccl, :cry:
nuthing mate i think it will take another couple of weeks , i have emailed tribunal a week ago but didnt got any reply yet ...so as soon as i get any info i will update in the forum !

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:36 pm

I was researching about the barristers of both sides ...

Ian Macdonalds QC for CCL students and Gerard Clarke for HO and after comparison it seems like the barrister of students is quite experienced in immigration law and has been involved in many anti deportation and litigation cases but on the other hand Gerard is experienced in education law and is also recognised by The legal 500 2008.

HO was quite smart not 2 hire a barrister experienced in immigration law rather they preferred the services of education law experienced barrister taking in consideration the relevant matter of CCL . This is why thru BBC article it cud b seen that he questioned about assignments and em sure his other questions will also b related to the college and its qualifications .

But as v can c it is more of a immigration matter and is also similar case 2 deportations so immigration judges wud most likely be inclined towards immigration law and they will b less bothered with the education laws and therefore i hope Ian wud have smacked them in this case but it is a definite tuff call for both parties. So, lets hope everything works out 2 b gud and in the favour of students !

prince.07

CCL CASE{ISSUE AT STAKE}

Post by prince.07 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:01 am

Its a pity that CCL was made to be the scapegoat for other colleges. One has to remember that CCL was recognised and certified by the regulatory bodies DFEIS controlling registration of institutions. The HO has issued visas to some students from CCL as a confirmation of this. Now, the problem is 'WHOS TO BLAME'?

a. Regulatory bodies for non supervision?
b. HO for negligent and care free.
c. The school authority
d. Student.

In all, once the school is certified, the blame is that of HO and regulatory bodies based on the clean health certification given to the school {LISTED BODY}

If other listed colleges can issue PGD certificates and being honoured, nothing stops CCL as well either genuine or counterfeit.

The oneus of proof is rested on HO. The ultimate punishment is that the school had been shut which is enough to serve as a lesson for others. The student cant be blamed whatever happened because the school authourity hide under the regulatory and supervising bodies to perpetuate fraud with their certification {LISTED BODY} which is what the student need to relied upon.

The whole blame is on HO and DIEUFS. These are the pointer to this case. The HO did not do their work properly and thats why all these mess happened. How many colleges are sacrilege? If the student were to be punished, innocent ones will also be part of the punishment. CCL student should be condemned but the system that gives room for such lapses.

Moreover, the BBC reporter {MORRIS} who wrote on this case needs to be charged for contempt of the tribunal and pervert the cause of justice. He has no right whatsoever to comment on a case before the learned immigration judges. His professional liberty or rights doesnt confer such on him. Its an affront and insult to court process. He should have waited for decision before commenting on the case. Its a partisan reporter. What does he stand to benefit from such heinous reporting?

I stand to be corrected while other opinion are also welcomed.

Rajaali

Re: CCL CASE{ISSUE AT STAKE}

Post by Rajaali » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:58 am

prince.07 wrote:Its a pity that CCL was made to be the scapegoat for other colleges. One has to remember that CCL was recognised and certified by the regulatory bodies DFEIS controlling registration of institutions. The HO has issued visas to some students from CCL as a confirmation of this. Now, the problem is 'WHOS TO BLAME'?

a. Regulatory bodies for non supervision?
b. HO for negligent and care free.
c. The school authority
d. Student.

In all, once the school is certified, the blame is that of HO and regulatory bodies based on the clean health certification given to the school {LISTED BODY}

If other listed colleges can issue PGD certificates and being honoured, nothing stops CCL as well either genuine or counterfeit.

The oneus of proof is rested on HO. The ultimate punishment is that the school had been shut which is enough to serve as a lesson for others. The student cant be blamed whatever happened because the school authourity hide under the regulatory and supervising bodies to perpetuate fraud with their certification {LISTED BODY} which is what the student need to relied upon.

The whole blame is on HO and DIEUFS. These are the pointer to this case. The HO did not do their work properly and thats why all these mess happened. How many colleges are sacrilege? If the student were to be punished, innocent ones will also be part of the punishment. CCL student should be condemned but the system that gives room for such lapses.

Moreover, the BBC reporter {MORRIS} who wrote on this case needs to be charged for contempt of the tribunal and pervert the cause of justice. He has no right whatsoever to comment on a case before the learned immigration judges. His professional liberty or rights doesnt confer such on him. Its an affront and insult to court process. He should have waited for decision before commenting on the case. Its a partisan reporter. What does he stand to benefit from such heinous reporting?

I stand to be corrected while other opinion are also welcomed.
As far as nigel morris is concerned , i have had a very long argument with him on this matter and in short this is wat i have said 2 him :

"predicting before the determination that students will face removal is just very immature act from the journalist of channel like BBC .It seems like this gentleman has no sympathy to those who actually studied there and were decieved .I am amazed at his professionalism!"

and in reply he said this 2 me :

"Hi Mr Ali,

Just read your comment.

First of all we said could be forced to leave the country. This is not a prediction nor is it an immature act.

We attended the hearing everyday and made sure we interviewed a student who represented the other side of the argument e.g. genuine students.

I totally resent the assertion that I have ‘no sympathy’ for those who studied there.

In 2008 we investigated the notorious Irish International University which led to one ‘conned’ student being repaid 4,000 pounds in fees – through the courts – that he had lost in the study of a bogus degree.

I spent 6 months of my life defending this previous student’s honour and reputation. I don’t see how that is unprofessional. You can watch the whol investigation on the BBC London website.

So to be clear I have great sympathy for any genuine student who is deceived by ‘unscrupulous fraudsters."

i think nigel morris as a person is symapthetic and helpful 2 genuine students but his professional affiliation with BBC confronts his personality traits ...As he said that he is very much concerned about genuine students but due to the nature of his work he is forced 2 write such articles .... plus the further argument he brought forward was really surprising 2 me as he said u shud notice BBC didnt labelled these students as potential terrorists as like many other news channels do .. well dun he didnt labelled us as terrorists but wat bout CUD B FORCED 2 REMOVED ..i mean y the hell v shud b ? u have hundreds of thousands of failed asylum seekers who are involved in organized crimes...4get bout those wat bout Mr. saif ullah who made millions of pounds and ditched the UK authorities but still safe and must b enjoying his life ...i dun understand this diplomacy of news channels!