ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A small doubt

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londonkantri
Newly Registered

A small doubt

Post by londonkantri » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:48 pm

Hi guys

I would like to know the diff b/w PG certfcate and PG degree.

Thankyou in advance

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: A small doubt

Post by jack199 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:52 pm

londonkantri wrote:Hi guys

Thankyou in advance
Degree has more credit in it and you have to do your thesis/project (if computing) but in Certificate/Diploma you have to pass your certified modules annd once you passed all your modules you can either get the PG certificate/Diploma or you can carry on with your thesis and end up with a Masters Degree.

Hope that helps

londonkantri
Newly Registered

Post by londonkantri » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:56 pm

jack199 wrote:

Thankyou in advance
Degree has more credit in it and you have to do your thesis/project (if computing) but in Certificate/Diploma you have to pass your certified modules annd once you passed all your modules you can either get the PG certificate/Diploma or you can carry on with your thesis and end up with a Masters Degree.

Hope that helps

Thankyou jack

So, if I dont complete my project even then i can apply for psw if i complete all my modules.isnt it?

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:57 pm

londonkantri wrote:
jack199 wrote:

Thankyou in advance

Hope that helps

Thankyou jack

So, if I dont complete my project even then i can apply for psw if i complete all my modules.isnt it?
nop as per new rules u need masters degree which can not b availed without thesis !

londonkantri
Newly Registered

Post by londonkantri » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:59 pm

Rajaali wrote:[
nop as per new rules u need masters degree which can not b availed without thesis !
but the new rule has pg certificate as well

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:01 am

You need to have a Degree for you to be eligible for PSW without a degree you can not get PSW unfortunately.

londonkantri
Newly Registered

Post by londonkantri » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:26 am

jack199 wrote:You need to have a Degree for you to be eligible for PSW without a degree you can not get PSW unfortunately.
ofcourse but when i use points based table it shows UK PG certi of EDUCATION. is acceptable what about this

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:34 am

londonkantri wrote:
jack199 wrote:You need to have a Degree for you to be eligible for PSW without a degree you can not get PSW unfortunately.
ofcourse but when i use points based table it shows UK PG certi of EDUCATION. is acceptable what about this
Yes, only PGC in Education is accepted apart from that, no other PGC are accepted.

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:45 am

londonkantri wrote:
Education is a subject itself so like for example:

PGC in IT
PGC in Business
PGC in Engineering
similarly , PGC in Education

so the only acceptable PGC is the one in Education and if u have that then yea u can apply for PSW !