ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LTR application update

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smalltime

LTR application update

Post by smalltime » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi is there anyone here applied around Jan 2008, mid 2007 who got their stamp 4? I have been waiting 18 months now, I think its not accurate in their website anyway.

Maybe we can start a tracker for LTR as well thanks.

I applied Jan 2008
I sent letter last month and they said they are processing Sept 2007
I have a friend who applied Sept 2007 and not being contacted yet.

Any stories..thanks

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:35 pm

take a look at the 2nd TAB "Residency Stamps" in this spreadsheet: http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/sc ... nship_apps
You can see details of others on this site and how long it took / is taking them. Feel free to add your details!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:37 pm

from what I gather, they are roughly doing month in a month. But of course that can vary depending on the number of applications in that particular month and the number of staff that are processing those applications. According to the last governmental measures the number of civil servants has been reduced by early retirement, career breaks and unpaid leaves that are given to staff. As well as any staff member going on unpaid term time for the summer is not substituted by anyone else due to cutbacks. Therefore, the processing may slow down a bit.
If they are processing September 2007 at the moment and did not need any additional documents from your friend, they wouldn't send him anything and just process his application further. He should hear from them with the decision. While processing, an interdepartamental report is requested, which can take around 3 months to receive, however, the time may vary. just make sure to keep your permission up to date as they cannot grant anyone LTR whose permission expired, or who moved address and never told them :)
Good luck.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:38 pm

i applied in jan 2008 as well and no news yet,i called them last week they told me they have finished sept 07 and started with oct 07...but one of my friends who applied in june got it last month,so dont really know whts happening but the processing time is nearly 24months not 18 months as it shows in the website

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:05 pm

thanks for your replies guys

good luck to us!

Heinrich

Re: LTR application update

Post by Heinrich » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:28 am

smalltime wrote:Hi is there anyone here applied around Jan 2008, mid 2007 who got their stamp 4? I have been waiting 18 months now, I think its not accurate in their website anyway.

Maybe we can start a tracker for LTR as well thanks.

I applied Jan 2008
I sent letter last month and they said they are processing Sept 2007
I have a friend who applied Sept 2007 and not being contacted yet.

Any stories..thanks
Hi,
3 of my friends applied in August 2007,one of them actually phoned last Friday,and she was told that they are still waiting for inside check to come back,and that it still might take a couple of weeks.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:24 am

are they trying to delay the process? I dont know... but I think if I have stamp 4 and the qualifications I got I might help build up the economy again hehehe ( getting better job or business = more tax ) :?