ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Rejection due to non-submission of original(PSW)letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chaitanya
Newly Registered

PSW Rejection due to non-submission of original(PSW)letter

Post by chaitanya » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:52 am

Hello
I have applied for Post study work visa on june 25th 2009, where by my visa was rejected as i didnot enclose my PSW original letter with the original certificate and transcript, and the refusal letter states that

The relevant immigration rules

you have applied for entry clearence to united kingdom under TIER 1 of the points based system. I have therefore assessed your application against paragragh 245x of immigration rules, which require that:

a) The applicant must not fall for refusal under general grounds of refusal
b) The applicant must not previously have been granted entry clearence or leave to TIER 1 migrant.
c) The applicant must have minimum 75 point under Appendix A.
d) The applicants must have 10 points under Appendix B.
e) The applicants must have 10 points under Appendix C.

The Entry Clearance officer's desicion

I have refused your visa application on this occasion because iam not satisfied , on the balance of probabilities , that you meet all the requirements of paragragh 245x of the immigration rules.This desicion was made on the merits of the application.how ever if you have previous application or immigration history, this may have been considered.
Iam satisfied that your application meets the requirement of subparagrash (a,b,d,e) of the paragrash 245x.
The ECO reason and evidence

ECO comment:
MSc in Computer network technology from university of northumbria. original degree cert and transcript from the univ enclosed.date of award is 25/02/09.But there is no letter from the institution confirming start and end date of the course,date of award and title of qualification,as required by PBS published guidance therefore points are not awarded.

This is the reason stated and for remaining sections i have scored all the points where by i got 55 points out of 75 for 245(b) as i have lost 20 points in the first section.

But now i have got the letter from the univ and i want to reapply so can i ask them to send me the docs back and can i reapply,will there be ny problems and what else do u guys suggest me to do as i cant afford to get rejected again.

Thanks in advance
cheers

Charis
Newly Registered

Post by Charis » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:51 am

just write a letter back to them enclosing the new documents for reconsideration. You don't need to pay any additional fee. All the best.

Charis

chaitanya
Newly Registered

Post by chaitanya » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:43 am

Thanks charis

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately my original docs are still withheld by the VFS people and they have mentioned in the rejection letter that if I request for administrative review, which is the only option i have been given,i cant enclose ny more docs other than admin review application,whereby the exception is I can reapply.
So i wanted to clear this whether i can re-apply enclosing the original letter from the university, which went missing the first time and what else would i require to do, and will they ask me nymore questions

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:05 pm

chaitanya wrote:Thanks charis

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately my original docs are still withheld by the VFS people and they have mentioned in the rejection letter that if I request for administrative review, which is the only option i have been given,i cant enclose ny more docs other than admin review application,whereby the exception is I can reapply.
So i wanted to clear this whether i can re-apply enclosing the original letter from the university, which went missing the first time and what else would i require to do, and will they ask me nymore questions

If you are applying from outside UK, I guess you wont have any valid UK visa at this point (as u mentioned VFS). So its better if you re-apply. This will be less time consuming. But be sure of all the letters and the dates when they were signed. I mean to say in case of you bank statements, you should have required funds and that too within 30 days of your application.
Sometimes they just tell one reason with rejection, and if there is something else missing or not done correctly, they will not mention it first time and will refuse ur application again!!!!
Good luck.

chaitanya
Newly Registered

Post by chaitanya » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks tuhadda

Thanks for taking out time to reply, yeah i would consider your suggestion and re-check all my documents, but is re-applying completely safe or else would there be any issue, becuase I have heard an rumour stating that once the visa is rejected some points would be deducted in points-based system visas, is that true and if the missing letter is the only reason metioned for rejection, re-applying just enclosing that one document with all the prior submitted documents would do right.

Thanks in advance
cheers

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: PSW Rejection due to non-submission of original(PSW)lett

Post by jack199 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:39 pm

can you just confirm below points

1. Are you in the UK or Outside UK when you applied for PSW?
2. Did they give you a right to appeal?
3. Is your current leave has already expired or do you still have leave to remain under current leave?

If you confirms these it would be easier for people here to advise you better

chaitanya
Newly Registered

Post by chaitanya » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:57 pm

Hello Jack

Really Appreciate your enquiry , Actually I have completed my MSc from Northumbria University in january 2009 and in the same month on january 31st 2009 my student visa expired, following that i returned to india on febrauary 1st 2009, and I have applied for PSW on june 25th 2009 from india , and I have been given a chance to apply for administrative review, but not given full right to appeal its limited only to in section 84(1) (b) and (c) of the nationality.
And right now i dnt have any valid U.K visa.
Hope this information is helpful for you guys to help me by suggesting.

Thanks in advance
cheers