ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Visa - Hyderabad/Chennai VFS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp__2007
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant Visa - Hyderabad/Chennai VFS

Post by hsmp__2007 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:52 pm

Hi All,

I am due to apply for Tier 1 Dependant visa for my dependants, please can anyone share experiences on the timelines and the paperwork.

Regards,

hsmp_2007

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Dependant Visa - Hyderabad/Chennai VFS

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:37 pm

hsmp__2007 wrote:Hi All,

I am due to apply for Tier 1 Dependant visa for my dependants, please can anyone share experiences on the timelines and the paperwork.

Regards,

hsmp_2007
1.Copy of ur passport
2.copy of ur current visa
3.Bank statements
4.Marriage certificate
5.Birth certificate in case of children
6.Sponser letter from you that u r responsible and will take care of all the costs and accomodation and they are completely dependent on u - pls check for the format on this board
7. Separate coverletter for each applicant
8.Accomodation proof in UK
9. Utility bills
10. separate applications
11. Passport size photographs. check for sizes

Will get back if something else is leftout..

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:50 pm

Yes, also VFS guys took original Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate along with letter of Tier-1 approval from UKBA.

I produced enough bank statements to be safe...i.e, 1 year bank statements to show salary, joint savings bank account statement to show funds, also partner's bank account statement to show funds.

Applied on may 25th and got back passport on Jun 1st.

Since I paid fee by cash, I had to queue extra ~2 hours...if DD you go straight to queue for processing application...guy taking cash was very slow that day...luckily mine taken just before he went for lunch..

Also make sure your passport copy is stamped by VFS...this is required to collect parcel from courier...I did not know about this...I went just with my ID to collect parcel in HYD...had to travel back home 3 hours each way to bring that and collect ...since I have given relatives address in HYD...VFS guy did not tell me about this..and did not until I have checked all the copies I have taken that day to VFS office.

visa was for my 3 months old son ...I got tier-1 approval in May...

VT

tvn_ramesh wrote:

Regards,

hsmp_2007
1.Copy of ur passport
3.Bank statements
4.Marriage certificate
6.Sponser letter from you that u r responsible and will take care of all the costs and accomodation and they are completely dependent on u - pls check for the format on this board
9. Utility bills

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:01 pm

another thing is if you take appointment in advance by mailing them...you go straight inside...otherwise it was like fish market outside when I went there ...because of travel plans I had to go withouth appointment..also because of late arrival of my son's passport....but overall it was okay...finished in ~4 hours as it was monday ..and previous friday was holiday.

vt_76 wrote:Yes, also VFS guys took original Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate along with letter of Tier-1 approval from UKBA.

I produced enough bank statements to be safe...i.e, 1 year bank statements to show salary, joint savings bank account statement to show funds, also partner's bank account statement to show funds.

Applied on may 25th and got back passport on Jun 1st.

Since I paid fee by cash, I had to queue extra ~2 hours...if DD you go straight to queue for processing application...guy taking cash was very slow that day...luckily mine taken just before he went for lunch..

Also make sure your passport copy is stamped by VFS...this is required to collect parcel from courier...I did not know about this...I went just with my ID to collect parcel in HYD...had to travel back home 3 hours each way to bring that and collect ...since I have given relatives address in HYD...VFS guy did not tell me about this..and did not until I have checked all the copies I have taken that day to VFS office.

visa was for my 3 months old son ...I got tier-1 approval in May...

VT

tvn_ramesh wrote:

Regards,

hsmp_2007
1.Copy of ur passport
3.Bank statements
4.Marriage certificate
9. Utility bills

sabeekj
Mood:
India

Post by sabeekj » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:05 pm

on top of the list i would include payslips and current employment letter
Dont worry you will be fine... I have applied for my wife through chennai vfs
and got it on 4th day..

good luck

hsmp__2007
Newly Registered

Thanks!

Post by hsmp__2007 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:16 am

Thanks very much guys for your inputs.

ramesh,

thanks for the list, do u have direct thread to sponser letter format?..can yu pl share?

thanks,

Regards,

hsmp__2007

Post by 9603196090 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:00 pm

hi hsmp_2007

Processing time: 5 Working days only from Hyderabad

I have applied on Friday 19 June at VFS Hyderabad and received my Passport with TIER1 stamped on this afternoon i.e. Friday 26 June

Thanks

hsmp__2007
Newly Registered

Thanks !

Post by hsmp__2007 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:51 pm

9603196090 wrote:hi hsmp_2007

Processing time: 5 Working days only from Hyderabad

I have applied on Friday 19 June at VFS Hyderabad and received my Passport with TIER1 stamped on this afternoon i.e. Friday 26 June

Thanks

Thanks ! that really lifts my spirits. Last month or the previous month it was horrible, some ppl waited for more than 5 weeks.

Cheers for that.

hsmp__2007

Post by 9603196090 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:29 pm

@hsmp_2007

it's my pleasure dude... check the website of VFS global regularly for updates on visa processing timelines.....for 90% non-settlement visa applications the processing time is not more than a week....

Cheers!

hsmp__2007
Newly Registered

Advise!

Post by hsmp__2007 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi All,

Thanks a ton guys for your responses, I am on the verge of applying the Tier 1 dependant visa for my dependants. I have a question regards to payment, as if you can share what are the best means to pay, i.e. Cash/DD/Bankers Cheque.

The reason I ask is,

1. I have to apply visa for my wife and son that wud be Rs. 108000, carrying that much cash to the VFS is advisable?

2. Does DD/Bankers Cheque/Cash which among is the fastest, as I understand DD/Bankers cheque will take time to clear and Cash will be faster.

3. My son was born here(in UK) and my wife had already visa stamped, do you think any additional documents shall be submitted apart from the list mentioned above?

Thanks again,

hsmp__2007

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Advise!

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:58 pm

Can you not pay by Credit Card?
If not that I would prefer DD though it will attract some extra charges from bank.

Thanks a ton guys for your responses, I am on the verge of applying the Tier 1 dependant visa for my dependants. I have a question regards to payment, as if you can share what are the best means to pay, i.e. Cash/DD/Bankers Cheque.

The reason I ask is,

1. I have to apply visa for my wife and son that wud be Rs. 108000, carrying that much cash to the VFS is advisable?

2. Does DD/Bankers Cheque/Cash which among is the fastest, as I understand DD/Bankers cheque will take time to clear and Cash will be faster.

3. My son was born here(in UK) and my wife had already visa stamped, do you think any additional documents shall be submitted apart from the list mentioned above?

Thanks again,

hsmp__2007

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi,

This is kandasamy Kandasamy, Right now I am in UK and planning to apply for my spouse and for my kid.
I am looking for the following letter format:
1. Sponsor letter format
2. NOC letter format from the landlord

I am having one doubt while showing the maintenance fund. Could you please confirm my understand,
I need to show 2800+1600+1600 or need to show only 1600+1600 pounds

Regards
Kandasamy

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:26 pm

1. Sponsor letter format
Sponsorship letter format
You might need a tenancy agreement, what do you mean by NOC letter in this context.
I am having one doubt while showing the maintenance fund. Could you please confirm my understand,
Funds has to be
2800+1600+1600.
There are a lot of threads in the forum arguing against this one, but guidelines say this way.

I would say it has to be 800+1600+1600, but to be on the safer side, you can take it as 2800+1600+1600
kandasamy wrote:Hi,

This is kandasamy Kandasamy, Right now I am in UK and planning to apply for my spouse and for my kid.
1. Sponsor letter format

Regards
Kandasamy
- Ramgsk

hsmp__2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp__2007 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:50 pm

chetanojha wrote:Can you not pay by Credit Card?
If not that I would prefer DD though it will attract some extra charges from bank.

The reason I ask is,

Thanks again,

hsmp__2007
Thanks Chetan, I doubt there is a provision of Debit/Credit Card payment option in VFS, the website lists an option of Bankers Cheque through Standard Charted which is free of charge:
http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/wheretopay.aspx

can anyone share their experience if they have tried this option?

Regards,

hsmp__2007

hsmp__2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp__2007 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:55 pm

ramgsk wrote:
1. Sponsor letter format
Sponsorship letter format
You might need a tenancy agreement, what do you mean by NOC letter in this context.
Funds has to be
2800+1600+1600.
There are a lot of threads in the forum arguing against this one, but guidelines say this way.

I would say it has to be 800+1600+1600, but to be on the safer side, you can take it as 2800+1600+1600
kandasamy wrote:Hi,

1. Sponsor letter format

Regards
Kandasamy
adding some more info on funds:
minimum: 800+1600+1600
anything above that is gud.

Gud Luck,

Regards,

hsmp__2007

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:02 pm

Hi,

I asked my wife to cross check once again from the VFS help desk.. they are saying that I need to show only 1600 +1600(for my wife and kid).
I am totally confused now....
I am planning to show my wife's FD for maintenance fund. if anybody has FD letter fromat please share with me...

Regards
Kandasamy

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:08 am

Yes, I think it is only cash or DD..there is no option of credit card I think...

as I said in my previous post, with DD it is faster as you dont have to queue for paying cash and getting token again...with DD cashier was giving token straightaway...biggest delay for me was waiting to pay cash...~1.5 hours atleast...but with DD you have to take correct amount I suppose.

VT

hsmp__2007 wrote:

The reason I ask is,

Thanks again,

hsmp__2007
Thanks Chetan, I doubt there is a provision of Debit/Credit Card payment option in VFS, the website lists an option of Bankers Cheque through Standard Charted which is free of charge:

Regards,

hsmp__2007

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:16 am

vt_76 wrote:Yes, I think it is only cash or DD..there is no option of credit card I think...

as I said in my previous post, with DD it is faster as you dont have to queue for paying cash and getting token again...with DD cashier was giving token straightaway...biggest delay for me was waiting to pay cash...~1.5 hours atleast...but with DD you have to take correct amount I suppose.

VT

hsmp__2007 wrote:

The reason I ask is,

Thanks again,

hsmp__2007

Regards,

hsmp__2007
DD is faster to submit the application. But is it faster to process your application too? I presume it will take some time for DD to clear from your bank and only after that VFS will start processing your application.

Whereas in the case of cash, though you spent additional 1.5-2 hours extra, you may get result fast as in this case VFS do not have to wait for amount to be cleared by your bank.

I personally never applied through VFS, just a thought.

hsmp__2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp__2007 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:12 pm

Thanks VT,

While making the Bankers Cheque/DD for 54000 do you require PAN card? or while pay through cash do we require PAN card to show?

Thanks,

hsmp__2007
vt_76 wrote:Yes, I think it is only cash or DD..there is no option of credit card I think...

VT

hsmp__2007 wrote:

The reason I ask is,

Thanks again,

hsmp__2007

Regards,

hsmp__2007

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:58 am

they did not ask about any PAN card when I paid cash...also I dont have PAN card...not sure whether you need when taking DD.

VT

hsmp__2007 wrote:Thanks VT,

While making the Bankers Cheque/DD for 54000 do you require PAN card? or while pay through cash do we require PAN card to show?

Thanks,

hsmp__2007

VT

hsmp__2007 wrote:

Regards,

hsmp__2007

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:58 pm

Hello Ramgsk - I have only one question:

I have put 2800+1600+1600 in my indian bank account for maintenance fund, I am in UK from march 09 and have been working since April here...will apply for the dependant visa in sept 09....

Question: Is it Ok to put the money in my bank account or do I need the money in my wife's account??

Kind Regards
Jedi001
Jedi001

hsmp__2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp__2007 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:34 pm

Your account, as you are Main applicant

Regards,

hsmp__2007
Jedi001 wrote:Hello Ramgsk - I have only one question:

I have put 2800+1600+1600 in my indian bank account for maintenance fund, I am in UK from march 09 and have been working since April here...will apply for the dependant visa in sept 09....

Question: Is it Ok to put the money in my bank account or do I need the money in my wife's account??

Kind Regards
Jedi001

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:56 pm

vt_76 wrote:Also make sure your passport copy is stamped by VFS...this is required to collect parcel from courier...I did not know about this...I went just with my ID to collect parcel in HYD...had to travel back home 3 hours each way to bring that and collect ...since I have given relatives address in HYD...VFS guy did not tell me about this..and did not until I have checked all the copies I have taken that day to VFS office.
Hi VT_76 or anyone applied from VFS Chennai,

My wife & daughter applied (T1-G Dependents) from Chennai VFS. Passports are ready for collection (crazy there is no system to know the outcome. such a torture until we get the passports in hand to know the result. They have to travel 10hrs to chennai).

Now my doubt is
- My father is going to Chennai to collect my wife's & daughter's passports from VFS Ch. Is there anything he needs to take with him apart from the receipts?

Pls anyone respond urgently since he is travelling tomorrow night.

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Mani

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:55 am

mjmani wrote:
vt_76 wrote:Also make sure your passport copy is stamped by VFS...this is required to collect parcel from courier...I did not know about this...I went just with my ID to collect parcel in HYD...had to travel back home 3 hours each way to bring that and collect ...since I have given relatives address in HYD...VFS guy did not tell me about this..and did not until I have checked all the copies I have taken that day to VFS office.
Hi VT_76 or anyone applied from VFS Chennai,

My wife & daughter applied (T1-G Dependents) from Chennai VFS. Passports are ready for collection (crazy there is no system to know the outcome. such a torture until we get the passports in hand to know the result. They have to travel 10hrs to chennai).

Now my doubt is
- My father is going to Chennai to collect my wife's & daughter's passports from VFS Ch. Is there anything he needs to take with him apart from the receipts?

Pls anyone respond urgently since he is travelling tomorrow night.

Thanks in advance!

He needs letter of authority from your wife.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:08 am

hsmp__2007 wrote:Your account, as you are Main applicant

Regards,

hsmp__2007
Thank you hsmp_2007 :-)..much appreciated!!
Jedi001