ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

set(o) application waiting timings

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

surya4uk
BANNED

set(o) application waiting timings

Post by surya4uk » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:59 pm

Hi All,
i applied for ILR via SET(O) application.
1 year student visa
3.5 years Workpermit
1.5 years HSMP (general)
applied on 11th March 2009 via appointment at croydon
systems probblems so collected application
17th march received a letter for extra documents (all P60's from 2003)
sent on 28th march 2009...
no communication since .... waiting under considaration

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:06 pm

what do you mean 'Systems problems'???

surya4uk
BANNED

Post by surya4uk » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:11 pm

There was a problem with Home office systems. Those were down on that day. After they collected visa fee, home office adviser told every one that "they are currently experincing systems problems so they can't process any applicaiton till those are up and running"...
after 2 hours waiting they have been advised every one,,, once they processed the visa they will call for collection. But i have recieved a letter for extra documents....
Last edited by surya4uk on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:16 pm

surya4uk wrote:Home office systems are down. After they collected visa fee, home office adviser told every one... they are currently experincing systems problems and they can't process any applicaiton till those are up and running...
after 2 hours waiting they have been advised every one,,, once they processed the visa they will call for collection. But i have recieved a letter for extra documents....
you have to keep ringing them I guess. Were there any 'issues' with your application e.g absences, or gaps in Visa. also do you have confirmation that they received the extra docs that you sent to them.

surya4uk
BANNED

Post by surya4uk » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Yes,.... you are right.... i got to run their systems....if they allow me to do so,,,,

I am happy to run ....

any way... i sent same day recorded delivery...home office also confirmed that they have received all those documents...

I don't have that many absences. I don't have any gaps in between visas...except HSMP. I got HSMP approved on Aug 2007 but i sent the passports for stamping (FLR) on Oct 2007. In between that time i went to out side of UK for 20 days period.

I don;t think this is the problem.... but never knows...

bani

Post by bani » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:29 pm

surya4uk wrote:Yes,.... you are right.... i got to run their systems....if they allow me to do so,,,,

I am happy to run ....

any way... i sent same day recorded delivery...home office also confirmed that they have received all those documents...

I don't have that many absences. I don't have any gaps in between visas...except HSMP. I got HSMP approved on Aug 2007 but i sent the passports for stamping (FLR) on Oct 2007. In between that time i went to out side of UK for 20 days period.

If it's over 14 weeks (which it is), you can either call or write them to follow up. Just have your reference number ready. It shouldn't take this long, especially since you had a premium service appointment, you should have gotten this same day a very long time ago.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:31 pm

surya4uk wrote:Yes,.... you are right.... i got to run their systems....if they allow me to do so,,,,

I am happy to run ....

I don't have that many absences. I don't have any gaps in between visas...except HSMP. I got HSMP approved on Aug 2007 but i sent the stamping on Oct 2007. In between that time i went to out side of UK for 20 days period.

When did you stop working for you WP employer (that is assuming you did stop), is it by any chance during this Aug to Oct 07 period

surya4uk
BANNED

Post by surya4uk » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:35 pm

yes Bani,

it shouldn't take this long unless if they lost my passports? I have seen some cases they lost the passports. May be....

any way...

I sent the complaints via email, fax and recorded delivery letter. I also called several times... they are saying they have received my complaints. Telephone advisers are saying that they have got very limited information avaible. Your case is under considaration, Please continues to wait until home office respond you.

This is the same answer.... every day i am calling them... no new answers..

surya4uk
BANNED

Post by surya4uk » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:38 pm

f2k wrote: When did you stop working for you WP employer (that is assuming you did stop), is it by any chance during this Aug to Oct 07 period
While working with the same employer, i have converted WP to HSMP. Recently (3months ago, before i apply ILR), i have changed to another employer.