ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of form AN.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alina76

change of form AN.

Post by alina76 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:19 am

Hi,

I have just noticed that Home Office has updated the form AN today (9th july). Its says on the first page "February 2009" instead of "july 2009".

I had applied on 23rd june using the old form which was"October 2008" and got acknowledgement letter for that as well.

I hope they won't held us responsible for their mistake.(As new form says Feburary I should have used that form, but that has been updated only today.

Any thoughts.

alina76

Post by alina76 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:43 pm

can anyone please suggest anything which we can do in this situation. How to prove that this form was not updated until 9th july?

BTW We have applied through NCS.

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:29 pm

Is there any obvious difference between this new form (February 2009) and that of "October 2008"? Can anyone spot any difference?

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:40 pm

Thought I might be wrong, it looks to me the only difference is that they removed the colours from the new form and made it black/white

Can't see any difference in the wordings

alina76

Post by alina76 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:58 pm

there is indeed a only difference of colour. According to Home Office application will be invalid if we dont use the current version which I did as that time October 2008 was valid version.

The only thing that bothers me is the date which is february although its been updated only yesterday.

silentc
Newly Registered

Post by silentc » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14 pm

I applied for naturalisation via the NCS on the 25th June and the forms available were the October 2008 forms.

I think the only difference is the information on the 2nd and 3rd page of the form. The text on the second page has changed as it gives more up to date details about the proposed changes to citizenship and also refers to changes made in "late 2009" and "until then existing arrangements for naturalisation to continue".

I think they are just trying to cover themselves legally as the information is updated regularly. There is no changes in the actual details or information needed in the form (apart from colour as you have mentioned).

I wouldnt worry about any issues with this. Most of us went through the NCS and they didnt complain about the forms also. Also bear in mind that the people on the call centre have no specific knowledge about these issues and only give generic answers. The caseworker would be more knowledgeable and we dont have access to them.

We know people have been having their application approved over the last 2-3 months and they have been using the old "October" forms......nothing to worry about i say.

Filipinas

Updated Form

Post by Filipinas » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:56 pm

Hi! Don't worry about this. I checked with HO last Wed and Thurs just to make sure that the forms my family and I are using are still valid (Oct 2008), and they said (twice they confirmed this) that they accept both forms. I did say that although my NCS sched is still in early Aug, I have already forwarded our forms to the referees and they are in the process of accomplishing it already. They just said I shouldn't worry about it as NCS would accept both.

Just an update on this.
Cheers,
Filipinas