ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint council for the welfare of immigrants

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Charis
Newly Registered

Joint council for the welfare of immigrants

Post by Charis » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:08 pm

I wrote to them teling them of the problems we are facing. If many of us can send emails to them ad similar organisations it will help. This is the reply

Thank you for your email. I am sorry to say that JCWI are not in a position currently to represent these cases directly as we have very limited resources but are willing to raise your issue at the next immigration stakeholders forum.

Regards

Helen Hibberd

Information and policy officer
(Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays only)

Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants
115 Old Street
London
EC1V 9RT

Tel: 020 7553 7458

Reception tel: 020 7251 8708

This is a copy of the letter i sent to them

I am writing to present regarding the post study work visa scheme which has caused so much pain and anguish to international graduates in the UK to which i have also been affected and appeal denied even after i pesented glaring evidence of legal malpractice and negligence and now have statements from my country to proof availability of funds.

I humbly seek your high office to intervene on behalf of these students who are even so scared and unsure as to how to go about making their problems known the dilemna most of us find ourselves in.

Herewith attached is my case which had been ongoing for 7months and I am being told by word of mouth at the last moment by some officials that i have to leave the country before the 17th July 2009? Here is a link showing similar cases and the problems of many graduates not knowing what to do and who to approach.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewforum.php?f=37

I humbly urge your office to help these studenst with me inclusive for a reconsideration of the new rules which were not clearly explained and has landed so many students in problems and stressed out. Please, we need help! If this is not the right department to forward this please we will appreciate this being forwarded to the appropriate department.

thank you very much for your help