ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Tier-1 dependents one after another

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

somooos
Newly Registered

Applying Tier-1 dependents one after another

Post by somooos » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:59 am

Dear Mates,

I have granted Tier-1 till 2012. My dependents are going to apply from India next week for my spouse and kid.
I am planning to apply for my spouse first, once he settled down here in UK, I would like to apply for my kid as dependent after 6 months may be.

Applying dependents in multiple times one after another will give any challenge during processing my kids application?

Please share you experiences/thoughts in this guys.

Regards,
Somoos

vt_76

Re: Applying Tier-1 dependents one after another

Post by vt_76 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:41 am

I can explain my experience...Not exactly like yours but similar

I was on HSMP until Jun 14 - 2009, My wife was on HSMP Dependant...
My wife went abroad in Dec...

Then I extended mine to Tier-1 in May...My wife was still on HSMP..because it was valid till 14th Jun...then I applied for my newborn kid Tier-1 dependant visa from abroad.

after coming back to UK in first week of Jun, I extended my wife's HSMP to Tier-1 dependant...

No problems what so ever...but only thing is it costs a lot...because of separate extensions I had 2 extra fees for dependant applications..but I had no choice..

Just one thing to ask..why do you want to wait for your kid's application?...anyways it will be based on yours..whether you apply now or in 6 months ..same money and visa will be granted for same period?

VT

somooos wrote:Dear Mates,

I have granted Tier-1 till 2012. My dependents are going to apply from India next week for my spouse and kid.
I am planning to apply for my spouse first, once he settled down here in UK, I would like to apply for my kid as dependent after 6 months may be.

Applying dependents in multiple times one after another will give any challenge during processing my kids application?

Regards,
Somoos

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Applying Tier-1 dependents one after another

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:54 pm

somooos wrote:Dear Mates,

Regards,
Somoos
Yes, VT_76 is right..

The only challenging thing would be the Separate visa fees you will be paying the HO...

It should not have any problem applying separately. with some valid reasons like job for ur spouse and schooling reason for kids...

somooos
Newly Registered

Post by somooos » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi

Thanks for you reply and sharing your experience

I would like to clarify that I am applying from India for both dependents.

My kid didn't travel to UK till now even though I was there. I can make decision on her whether to take her to UK or not after 6months. Why to waste on getting her visa done along with my dependent now.

As you know visa fee is same as HSMP fee if you are applying in india 57400 INR/675 GBP.

That is the only reason applying visa one another one.

Share you thoughts on this.

Thanks
Som

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:08 pm

You can do that
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer