ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s_cvid
Newly Registered

EEA 2

Post by s_cvid » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:22 am

hello
Last edited by s_cvid on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UK_BR5

Re: EEA 2 self sufficient

Post by UK_BR5 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:11 pm

s_cvid wrote:hello

im married to a EU and we are both living in the UK, my husband is still looking for job but we have enough money put in our account every month and also have got insurance can i applied as self sufficient unfortunately we dont have much evidence of his job seeking

thank you
you can apply easily, you need the insurance for your EU spouse and bank statements to show that you have enough money (can't decide the exact amount) but the bank statement could be UK or international.

i have a joint account with my EU wife in the UK and abroad,we applied as self sufficient and we got accepted, no questions asked.

best of luck with your application

s_cvid
Newly Registered

Post by s_cvid » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:59 pm

thanks
Last edited by s_cvid on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UK_BR5

Post by UK_BR5 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:40 pm

s_cvid wrote:thanks for the reply can i ask what kind of insurance have you got? is it just a normal health insurance?

thanks
yes a normal one that you can purchase from any health insurance company or broker.

s_cvid
Newly Registered

Post by s_cvid » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:33 am

UK_BR5 wrote:
s_cvid wrote:thanks for the reply can i ask what kind of insurance have you got? is it just a normal health insurance?

thanks
yes a normal one that you can purchase from any health insurance company or broker.
thank you so much

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Fri May 08, 2009 6:52 pm

UK_BR5 wrote:

im married to a EU and we are both living in the UK, my husband is still looking for job but we have enough money put in our account every month and also have got insurance can i applied as self sufficient unfortunately we dont have much evidence of his job seeking

thank you
you can apply easily, you need the insurance for your EU spouse and bank statements to show that you have enough money (can't decide the exact amount) but the bank statement could be UK or international.

i have a joint account with my EU wife in the UK and abroad,we applied as self sufficient and we got accepted, no questions asked.

I once approched a solicitor with the same question about applying as a self sufficient person, & he indeed discouraged me saying that self sufficient was for retired persons. He continued to say that the application would look suspecious. And when i suggested to apply as ajob seeker, he said HO will wait for the expiry of 6 months, then send you a refusal letter wording that you have failled to find ajob within the given time. I was'nt convencied at all, as i had sturded the directive very well.
What i know is that HO regards a job seeker as a self sufficient person, and they also expect you to find a job with in 6 months.

Josh.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:37 pm

UK_BR5 wrote:

thank you

UK_BR5, My Sis would like to Apply for EEA1 in person, she's got foreign account, and evidence for job seeking. My query is , what was your experience with HO? your response will be highly appreciated.
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:40 pm

thank you
Hi s_cvid, did you send in your application as a self sufficient person? can you update us please.

thanks.

s_cvid
Newly Registered

Post by s_cvid » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:46 am

Yes i did and received my COA within 2 weeks and im still waiting for my residence card

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:15 pm

s_cvid wrote:Yes i did and received my COA within 2 weeks and im still waiting for my residence card
Appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

questionquestion
Newly Registered

Post by questionquestion » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:25 pm

UK_BR5 wrote:

Dear UK_BR5 and others who can advice,

I have the same case and my wife (A8 EEA National) wants to apply as self sufficient person so that we both can apply for the EEA 1 and 2 together. (ie, she will stay and not work as a self-sufficient person and I will work fulltime)

How much money did you show in your bank account or how much monthly income (whichever was applicable) did you show to get accepted?

If I am not getting too personal can I also ask which country other than UK, did you have account in?

Cheers

s_cvid
Newly Registered

Re: EEA

Post by s_cvid » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:07 pm

good
Last edited by s_cvid on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:21 pm

Where did you get your insurance from and what type is it? This question pops up here occasionally so the answer may be helpful to others.

s_cvid
Newly Registered

Post by s_cvid » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:15 pm

generalandmedical.com and i pay about £43/ month

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:22 am

Thank you for your information. I couldn't find this info on their web page but do they offer the policy as a comprehensive sickness insurance? The price sounds very fair. Are you both covered?

s_cvid
Newly Registered

Post by s_cvid » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:01 am

yes
Last edited by s_cvid on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:29 am

s_cvid wrote:yes they do, and we are both covered
For £43! I think that price is really good and the policy obviously good enough for HO.

Thanks again for your info.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:47 pm

DFDS. wrote:I once approched a solicitor with the same question about applying as a self sufficient person, & he indeed discouraged me saying that self sufficient was for retired persons. He continued to say that the application would look suspecious. And when i suggested to apply as ajob seeker, he said HO will wait for the expiry of 6 months, then send you a refusal letter wording that you have failled to find ajob within the given time. I was'nt convencied at all, as i had sturded the directive very well.
What i know is that HO regards a job seeker as a self sufficient person, and they also expect you to find a job with in 6 months.

Josh.
Precisely the reason while solicitors are entirely pointless for EEA applications.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.