ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 general query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

migun
Newly Registered

tier 1 general query

Post by migun » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:43 am

could anyone please answer the below:

1. if I apply from outside UK and granted tier 1, can my dependents apply from UK who is already continuing staying in UK on my dependent WP visa?

2. My dependents WP is valid till Nov 28, 2009. Latest by what date should they apply for dependent tier1 from UK?

3. If applying from outside UK, do I need to submit my original passport along with application?

thx in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:15 am

1. I think that they may switch.

2. Before their leave expires.

Why aren't you switching?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

push
United Kingdom

Re: tier 1 general query

Post by push » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:33 am

migun wrote:could anyone please answer the below:

1. if I apply from outside UK and granted tier 1, can my dependents apply from UK who is already continuing staying in UK on my dependent WP visa?

2. My dependents WP is valid till Nov 28, 2009. Latest by what date should they apply for dependent tier1 from UK?

3. If applying from outside UK, do I need to submit my original passport along with application?

thx in advance.
Why dont you switch as an in country applicant?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

email257525
BANNED

hi

Post by email257525 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:42 pm

it myt b good idea to apply from outside country if u dnt qualify as in country applicant,

Good luck

new~b0y
Newly Registered

Post by new~b0y » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife has the situation. She would like to apply as a dependent when she decided not to work with her current company. She's on WP.

What are the limitations as a dependent when it comes to working? In terms of type of work and working hours per week.

Thank you.

vinny

Re: hi

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:49 pm

email257525 wrote:it myt b good idea to apply from outside country if u dnt qualify as in country applicant,

Good luck
If eligible, then it may be easier switching in-country rather than applying from outside. Moreover, with the former, you may have statutory right of appeal, rather than administrative review, if refused.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:56 pm

new~b0y wrote:Hi everyone,

My wife has the situation. She would like to apply as a dependent when she decided not to work with her current company. She's on WP.

What are the limitations as a dependent when it comes to working? In terms of type of work and working hours per week.

Thank you.
See also Can HSMP/Tier1 dependant can work in UK?

new~b0y
Newly Registered

Post by new~b0y » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:00 pm

Thank you very much, vinny.