ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR at Glasgow PEO: 3 WP+2 HSMP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

venga_pal

Got ILR at Glasgow PEO: 3 WP+2 HSMP

Post by venga_pal » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi guys,

I am happy to announce that I have got my ILR from Glasgow PEO.

I would like to thank some of the thoughts shared in this forum, which have helped me make sure I am doing 'it' right. Thanks guys!!!

I guess its my turn to contribute. Let me detail what happened on that day in DETAIL.

My appointment was late in the after noon at 2:30PM. I was there at 1:45. the Security guy did let me in. (I later realised that they have already allowed another guy who is supposed to be after me i.e 3PM). So there wasnt so much strictness in sticking to the time.

Once in, i went through an airport style security check. They have kept my mobile (coz it has camera) and gave me a token to collect it later. I was also given a number for the interview.

After the security check i have entered the main office. It was quiet and not many people there (many more chairs than people). A typical office like environment. The interview counters were on the back side of the office. there are 7 counters in total. 2 of them marked -premium service and one for cashier. the rest for validation I guess.

I have waited in the waiting area for my number to be called. After about 15 mins waiting, my number was called to a 'validating' counter. The person in the counter asked my passport and application. Then the supporting Documents. I had a full file of documents. I handed him the entire file. He asked me to go to the waiting area while he studied my file.

After about 20-25 mins I was called back. I was handed my application back with a 'valid' stamp on it. He did mention my file was well organised (well done after some hard work I guess). He appeared pleased and tired (Dont know whether it was due to the load of my file or coz its towards the end of the day). He pulled some key documents out of my file and asked me to present them to the case worker along with the application form, when called.

I was then called to the cashier desk for payment after about 10 mins, where I have paid using my debit card.

Went back to waiting area and after another 20 mins, i was called by a case worker to one of the premium counters. She asked for the application form and also all documents that her collegue has seen. Then I did mention that her collegue has pulled some documents for her perusal. Then she was like... 'OK just give me those documents and keep the rest with you'. So I have given her the documents the validation guy pulled.

She has taken photocopies of those documents and gave me all the originals minus my passport, one photograph (not two), and the application form. She also mentioned that I can apply for naturalisation after one year. I wasn't sure whether my application was succesfull by that statement, coz she asked me to go wait again.

After about 20-30 mins, I was called again and handed my passport with the ILR stamp. I thanked her, checked everything and came out at 3:45PM. ( Ofcourse collected my mobile).

It all went pretty smoothly but it was very very boring to sit there for those breaks. I dont know I wasnt tensed at all. probably coz my application was pretty straight forward. Not a single question was asked through out the process. My documents spoke for me I guess.

only ice breaking questions were 'oh did you come to Glasgow last night or this morning?' coz he noted that I live in england and are you applying under JR for which i said NO.

I just had one employment change: I changed job after I got my HSMP.

(3yrs in WP + 2yrs in HSMP).

Now details of my documents (you would probably be waiting for these):

-> Letter from my ex-employer

-> letter from my current employer.

-> most of my payslips from my earlier employer

-> All Payslips from my current employer.

-> Most of my bank statements through out the 5 years. I have highlighted salary on each of the bank statements. I have also prepared a summary sheet of what douments (i.e payslips, bank statements, P-60s and the salary from each month) are available and the page no of the bankstatement, where each month's salary is entered.

-> 4 P-60s. (I lost one).

-> Work permit documents

-> HSMP documents.

-> Summary sheet for absences from UK with the corresponding passport page no. I had 175 days out of UK in total over 5 years -all personal. I was slightly worried about these coz if I include the out and in dates aswell, the number would go to 195. Also that I was away for about 60 days in the year for my wedding.

-> contracts from both employers

-> Offer letters from both employers

-> council tax and rental agreement documents

-> Savings account bank statements.

-> summary sheet of funds available, etc...

Now the list of documents pulled by the 'validator'...

-> Letters from both employers

-> HSMP and Workpermit documents

-> Last month Bank statement. (just one).

-> Last three pay slips.

Thats it. No P-60s, none of the other documents.

I know its a very long post. But I also know how it felt to me when I saw some posts where I felt a bit more information would have been nice... like... what documents supplied, what the caseworkers were keen on, what they are looking for etc.

I would once again like to thank you guys for your thoughts.

I would be very happy to answer any doubts you guys may have.

Now its time to apply for spouse Visa for my wife.

Cheers,

V :D

Sten

Post by Sten » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Excellent ! Thanks.

"They have kept my mobile (coz it has camera) " - Blimey! I was going to fight boredom with my HTC phone ..unfortunately its got a camera, should get some newspapers then ...

Any hints on parking ? I know there is a gated entrance to the car park, but it is not clear whether it is for the staff only or visitors are permitted too ...
Good luck !

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Great posting. Congratulations and very grateful for the detailed information.

twinkletwinkle
Newly Registered

Re: Got ILR at Glasgow PEO: 3 WP+2 HSMP

Post by twinkletwinkle » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:43 pm

venga_pal wrote:Hi guys,

Are these documents are kept by Home Office ?
or they kept the photo copy of these documents and original are returned to you ?

venga_pal

Re: Got ILR at Glasgow PEO: 3 WP+2 HSMP

Post by venga_pal » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:01 pm

twinkletwinkle wrote:
venga_pal wrote:Hi guys,

Are these documents are kept by Home Office ?
or they kept the photo copy of these documents and original are returned to you ?
They just kept the copies and gave me my originals.

cheers
V

venga_pal

Post by venga_pal » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Sten wrote:Excellent ! Thanks.

"They have kept my mobile (coz it has camera) " - Blimey! I was going to fight boredom with my HTC phone ..unfortunately its got a camera, should get some newspapers then ...

Any hints on parking ? I know there is a gated entrance to the car park, but it is not clear whether it is for the staff only or visitors are permitted too ...
Hi Sten...

It appears to be staff only parking. However, there is lots of space out side the premises. un-restricted parking (no yellow/red lines) on the street.

cheers
V

jatstheword
Newly Registered

Awesome!

Post by jatstheword » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi Venga_Pal, many congratulations, really happy for you. A quick question though, didn't you apply for your wife's ILR (dependent) as well at the same time ? I thought you mentioned that you would be applying for a "spouse visa" separately ? Does this mean that your wife is not here in the UK as of now ? The reason I am asking is because I also intend to apply for my ILR @ Glasgow both for me and my wife, who has been here in the UK with me since marriage. Also, do you have any idea as to what happens if the case worker or the initial "validator" deems your application to be a bit complex to be decided at a PEO ? The reason I am asking this is because I have 2 years WP + 3 Years HSMP but I did a Full Time MBA on HSMP last year although my wife was working during that time so we had no issues in terms of finance, etc. Any thoughts on this from you or others would be most welcome. Cheers ...

Jatstheword.