ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone applied by doing Bsc(Hons) in Applied Accounting?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

callraheel
Newly Registered

Anyone applied by doing Bsc(Hons) in Applied Accounting?

Post by callraheel » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:07 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in this board. Hope I am asking it in the right section and not creating a dual post (have checked through the posts already in Post-Study work section). :)

My question is regarding a degree BSc in Applied Accounting. For those who are doing ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) will know about it and for whose who dont it is awarded on the basis of 9 exams of ACCA (F1-F9) being taken and a project done and submitted to earn the degree. As this degree is awarded by Oxford Brookes and this university name is on the eligible universities list so : Is it going to be considered as a valid degree?

Have anyone applied for it and got his visa. The reason for asking is because one can pass his ACCA 9 Exams (provided he is genious enough though) in 1.5 years (or even 1 if he got exemptions based on his previous degrees) and then the project will take 2-3 months so overall it would be 1.5 year study (not in university as one can take all ACCA exams by studying himself). and then project by doing it from a mentor (provided independently as well from any qualified individual or college).

If I summarise what i am saying then its : The degree mentioned above can be obtained without studying in a univesity or college for 2/3 years so Does HO has any problems with that? :P

Thanks for reading and I will appreciate your response.

Regards,
Ra

callraheel
Newly Registered

Post by callraheel » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:29 pm

Hi Guys, No Replies :roll: , Has no one got a clue about what I'm talking??

alip7777
Newly Registered

Post by alip7777 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:16 am

hi , its been long time now, I also got Bsc Hons Applied Accounting, I think u can get PSW on this but tell me Can i get PSW on ACCA???

Best of luck

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:02 am

alip7777 wrote:hi , its been long time now, I also got Bsc Hons Applied Accounting, I think u can get PSW on this but tell me Can i get PSW on ACCA???

Best of luck
U can not apply for PSW as ACCA is a professional qualification.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Anyone applied by doing Bsc(Hons) in Applied Accounting?

Post by ash786 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:05 am

callraheel wrote:Hello everyone,

This is my first post in this board. Hope I am asking it in the right section and not creating a dual post (have checked through the posts already in Post-Study work section). :)

My question is regarding a degree BSc in Applied Accounting. For those who are doing ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) will know about it and for whose who dont it is awarded on the basis of 9 exams of ACCA (F1-F9) being taken and a project done and submitted to earn the degree. As this degree is awarded by Oxford Brookes and this university name is on the eligible universities list so : Is it going to be considered as a valid degree?

Have anyone applied for it and got his visa. The reason for asking is because one can pass his ACCA 9 Exams (provided he is genious enough though) in 1.5 years (or even 1 if he got exemptions based on his previous degrees) and then the project will take 2-3 months so overall it would be 1.5 year study (not in university as one can take all ACCA exams by studying himself). and then project by doing it from a mentor (provided independently as well from any qualified individual or college).

If I summarise what i am saying then its : The degree mentioned above can be obtained without studying in a univesity or college for 2/3 years so Does HO has any problems with that? :P

Thanks for reading and I will appreciate your response.

Regards,
Ra
The best thing to do is to ask u university that how do they classify this qualification. If they say that u qualification is a standard UK Bachelors degree and academic qualification then u shud be fine. I am pretty much sure that its a bachelors degree and academic. So check with u uni cuz they are the ppl who will know the answer.

vinata

Post by vinata » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:28 pm

I am pretty much sure you can apply for PSW on the basis of BSc in Applied Accounting, but not on the basis of the ACCA qualification. I personally applied for PSW on the basis of this qualification and was awarded 75 points for it. However, you will need to make sure the college which provides your tuition, is on the Tier 4 register.

However, you are a little bit optimistic about completing the 9 papers of ACCA and submitting your project in just 1.5 years. You have to study really hard to achieve this, but even if you do, it is very unlikely you can still achieve this. After completing your 9th paper, you still have to wait for 3 month to get your examination results, and only after that your submit your project. And then you would be waiting for another 5 month to get your results from Oxford Brookes. After getting your confirmation letter form Uni, you still have to wait for another 2-3 month to get your certificate. So, in total, provided you study really hard, it may take you 2.5 years, and not less than that. If you speak to other ACCA students, they would be able to confirm this.

As regards PSW, it is likely everything could change when Concervatives come to power next year. They can either completely remove PSW, or impose new rules, which could be quite different from those applicable at the moment. Therefore, it would be unwise to plan your study on the basis of today's rules only. See if you like to be an accountant frist! Believe me, ACCA is a very difficult qualification, and most students fail their exams first time and have to resit them again next semester. But, you are right, you can obain a university degree without actually attending the university, therefore save quite a lot of money.

segex

Post by segex » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Vinata, have you or seen anybody that got visa with OBU? I think this is a very dicey situation that ACCA needs to clarify for students, as the qualification falls btw Actual and Honorary degree (Hon and prof not eligible by the rules). Yes you can score 75points bcos of the names(Bsc) but what about yr transcripts? these evidences are necessary for further processing. Also, I don't think tuition providers has anythg to do with OBU wether listed or not as they are not affiliate of OBU by any sence, all they do is provide you with training yr exams or research tuition for submition. Any objection?

vinata

Post by vinata » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:53 pm

I applied for PSW on the basis of BSc degree in Applied Accounting from OBU. I was awarded all 75 points for it, even though I didn't actually attended the university.

In the application form you mention OBU as a rewarding body and separately your college as your tution provider. You need to score 20 points for qualification and 20 points for institution. You can only score points for institution if during the full course of your study if was on the Tier 4 register.

I also scored 15 points for English language, but failed to score 10 points for maintenance, as my balance was low on two separate acassions. I went to the court and my appeal was allowed. I hope I would get my visa in about 2 month time because at the hearing the HO didn't have any objections about my qualification, but only in relation to the maintenece issue.

So, it is possible to get PSW from OBU, provided all other points are scored and the institution which provided your tution is on the Tier 4 register.

yogeshbvyas
Newly Registered

Bsc in Applied accounting

Post by yogeshbvyas » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:44 am

dear vanita,

i am also in process of applying psw using bsc in applied accounting.
i have completed my relevat nine papers from uk from a tier 4 sponsor college kaplan financial ltd.

i wanted urs help to know that since i am back in india now and want to apply all my maintainence is maintained well above 2800 pounds level for around 5 months now ....
i need to know what is it we have to write in the form for information on personal tutor details and what documents did u submit ...ie mention did u submit fundamental level certificate of acca as well.

guidance wud be a great help
thnx urs post is very encouraging for my future plans

vinata

Post by vinata » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:04 am

Hi there,

In the personal tutor details you need to include the name of the tutor who was spervising you during your project undertaking. Provide his name, position and email address.

I submitted original certificate from OBU, Letter from my college where I studied, bank statements and a cover letter where I explained why my diploma was issued by the instutution in which I didn't attend any classes. And that was it. I got all the points except for maintenance.

But you need to read the guadance very carefully, as all your documents must have specified details on them, such as date of reward, qualifications etc. In other words you need to make sure that all your documents satisfy the requirements laid down by the rules. Having maintained £2,800 is not enough, you need to show you qualify for this visa. Good luck.

alip7777
Newly Registered

ACCA RELATED QUestions

Post by alip7777 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:32 pm

Hi. I am ACCA finalist student and aiming to atempt them in december 2009. My visa is expiring in Sept2009, which was on another course. My question is what if I fail 1 paper will they allow me to sit for 1 paper in june ??? and how much VISA they ll give me ???? three months or 6 months as the result will be announced in Feb 2010.

Regards.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Bsc in Applied accounting

Post by ash786 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:53 pm

yogeshbvyas wrote:dear vanita,

i am also in process of applying psw using bsc in applied accounting.
i have completed my relevat nine papers from uk from a tier 4 sponsor college kaplan financial ltd.

i wanted urs help to know that since i am back in india now and want to apply all my maintainence is maintained well above 2800 pounds level for around 5 months now ....
i need to know what is it we have to write in the form for information on personal tutor details and what documents did u submit ...ie mention did u submit fundamental level certificate of acca as well.

guidance wud be a great help
thnx urs post is very encouraging for my future plans
Just to add another information as u mentioned that college needs to be on the tier 4 register. If its not then it needs to be on the DIUS web site which is acceptable by HO. There are many students who r stuyding at a listed college for a uni qualification.