ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

M.Sc is equivalent to UK PG?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lata

M.Sc is equivalent to UK PG?

Post by lata » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:13 pm

Hi,
Can anyone please clarify me that is M.Sc (Chemistry) is equivalent to UK Master's degree? do we need to get certificate from NARIC for job purpose in UK? and also about B.Ed?

Appreciate your response

Thanks,
Lata.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Re: M.Sc is equivalent to UK PG?

Post by AkashS » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:07 am

lata wrote:Hi,
Can anyone please clarify me that is M.Sc (Chemistry) is equivalent to UK Master's degree? do we need to get certificate from NARIC for job purpose in UK? and also about B.Ed?

Appreciate your response

Thanks,
Lata.
Yes. It is equivalent to UK MSc Degree. You will not need any NARIC certificate to get a job there but it may be required for your Tier-1 Application.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:55 am

Appreciate your response

Thanks,
Lata.

If your degree is listed in PBS calculator you don't need NARIC certificate. NARIC is only for the degree comparison. It is not reqd for job purpose.

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:54 pm

If your qualification exists on the UKBA points calculator and gives you 35 points you are fine...

Appreciate your response

Thanks,
Lata.