ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

melo75

ILR Success

Post by melo75 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:43 am

I discovered this forum a few days ago after I applied for my ILR. I was moved by the helpfulness and some of the stories here, so I thougth I would share my experience.

1. I used an immigration adviser...the same one who got me my latest work permit.
2. I have been on a WP for 5 years, with three different employers.
3. I am the only employee at my company on a WP
4. I applied for the same day premium service at Croydon, but my lawyer got the documents back today, eventhough we applied yesterday (so much for same day service)

Documets submitted:
1. Application form (Set O)
2. Two signed photos
3. Three months of bank statements (didnt submit any payslips)
4. Letters from my two previous employers confirming exact employment dates AND that I was required to travel as an integral part of my duties (my days of absence were about 194 days, of which 53 were for business purposes)
5. A letter from my current employer confirming my employment date, that I am required to travel as part of my duties, AND that there is a continued need for my employment
6. Police registration certificate
7. My KOL test Pass confirmation
8. My lawyer prepared a spreadsheet with my days of absences. She said you should not count day of departure from the UK or day of arrival back in the UK, AND weekends should also be dismissed

Good luck to everyone and lets hope they dont change the law till we apply for naturalisation!

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi Melo

Congratulations to you, Did they not ask for your original Work Permit Approval letters? from your past employments?
Magsi

melo75

Post by melo75 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:08 pm

Hi Magsi23,

No original work permits required. I had the same question and posed it to my lawyer a couple of months ago, since at one point I thought I had lost the original work permit of my previous employer (could only find a copy at the time).

My lawyer assured me no original work permits (not even copies) are required, and if you look at the required documentations in Form Set O, there is no mention of any work permits. Accordingly, I didn't submit any.

Simple letters from current and previous employers are enough.

Hope that helps.

[quote="magsi23"]Hi Melo

Congratulations to you, Did they not ask for your original Work Permit Approval letters? from your past employments?[/quote]

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:57 am

Many thanks
Magsi

Re: ILR Success

Post by 9588 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:51 pm

melo75 wrote:I discovered this forum a few days ago after I applied for my ILR. I was moved by the helpfulness and some of the stories here, so I thougth I would share my experience.

1. I used an immigration adviser...the same one who got me my latest work permit.
4. I applied for the same day premium service at Croydon, but my lawyer got the documents back today, eventhough we applied yesterday (so much for same day service)

Documets submitted:
2. Two signed photos
4. Letters from my two previous employers confirming exact employment dates AND that I was required to travel as an integral part of my duties (my days of absence were about 194 days, of which 53 were for business purposes)
5. A letter from my current employer confirming my employment date, that I am required to travel as part of my duties, AND that there is a continued need for my employment
8. My lawyer prepared a spreadsheet with my days of absences. She said you should not count day of departure from the UK or day of arrival back in the UK, AND weekends should also be dismissed

Good luck to everyone and lets hope they dont change the law till we apply for naturalisation!
congratualation!!!
u said u used a legal representive, may i ask how much they charged u? and what is the total costs for your application?
thanks for sharing again

melo75

Post by melo75 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:37 am

Hi 9588,

Total charges were £1,500, including the application fee, the same day premium service, and the adviser's fees.

Post by 9588 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:48 am

melo75 wrote:Hi 9588,

Total charges were £1,500, including the application fee, the same day premium service, and the adviser's fees.
thanks
i got a quote (£3000) for the same service. may i ask u who u used? :roll:

Post by 9588 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:51 am

9588 wrote:

thanks
break out as something like this.....
£1050 + 100 UKBA charge - application + spouse and 1 dependent
£1000 legal/advice fee
£500 same day service
+VAT ..........

melo75

Post by melo75 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:23 am

Hi 9588,
I PMed you with the answer, otherwise the moderators here may think I am advertising for the firm!

munisa

Post by munisa » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:07 pm

9588 wrote:

thanks
£3000 is way too high. If your case is straight foward or near straight forward you are better off going to PEO yourself. Nothing to worry about.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:34 pm

too much for legal fees and day presentation

still job is done , all the best

MUGHAL
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MUGHAL » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:50 pm

you can call me to get help for solicitors on cheaper charges in london.
mobile 07910373303
9588 wrote:

thanks

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:56 am

melo75 wrote:I discovered this forum a few days ago after I applied for my ILR. I was moved by the helpfulness and some of the stories here, so I thougth I would share my experience.

Documets submitted:
2. Two signed photos

do police registration document required for the ILR?

bani

Post by bani » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:00 pm

smiles345 wrote:
do police registration document required for the ILR?
depends on your nationality. if you were required to register with the police when you arrived, you are required to send in the registration for ILR.

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:16 pm

many thanks bani

viren68

GOT ILR HSMP 1+4 Scheme JR

Post by viren68 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Hello,

For the info of all GOT ILR from PEO Croydon took 2.5 hours only. On the basis of JR
Had P-60, Bank Statements, Salary slips, Employer letter.
Now seniors plz advise what next to do for naturalisation.

Thanks

Vir

blue.olive

Employer Letter

Post by blue.olive » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:10 pm

Vir
First of all cong on ur ILR
May i request you to kindly give me the template for empoyer letter
as i have to apply for ILR and my employer ask me wht to write in that letter.

Olive
viren68 wrote:Hello,

For the info of all GOT ILR from PEO Croydon took 2.5 hours only. On the basis of JR
Had P-60, Bank Statements, Salary slips, Employer letter.
Now seniors plz advise what next to do for naturalisation.

Thanks

Vir

blue.olive

Post by blue.olive » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Thanks

Olive

Documets submitted:
2. Two signed photos

melo75

Post by melo75 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:46 am

Sorry for the late reply but I was travelling. Here is the template I used (sent to me by the lawyer):

TO BE PRINTED ON COMPANY LETTERHEAD

Date

Public Enquiry Office
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Dear Sirs

Application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK
NAME – ********* DOB - ********* - NATIONALITY - *********

*********** has been employed by (company name in the UK) since (DD/MM/YYYY) on a UK work permit.

********** wishes to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK on the basis of 5 years in continuous work permit approved employment. We are supportive of **************’s application and confirm that we have a continuing need to employ him in the UK.

[As an integral part of *********’s duties and responsibilities, ********** has been required to travel on overseas business trips during his/her employment in the UK. These trips are detailed in his/her ILR application.] Insert this paragraph if there are excess business absences.

I should be grateful for your positive consideration of his application. If you require any further information, please contact me.

Yours faithfully

(Name and job title of someone who can confirm employment details on behalf of the employer)

[quote="blue.olive"]Thank you for sharing your experience.

Thanks

Olive

[quote="melo75"]I discovered this forum a few days ago after I applied for my ILR. I was moved by the helpfulness and some of the stories here, so I thougth I would share my experience.

Documets submitted:
2. Two signed photos

Good luck to everyone and lets hope they dont change the law till we apply for naturalisation![/quote][/quote]

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:34 am

Hi Guys I got my ILR under HSMP JR today ...

I posted my papers on 2nd July
Document received as per postal recored on 3rd July ...

1. Application form
2. 2 Photo's
3. Passport
4. 1 P60, I sent only 1 P60 ...
5. Bank statement just 1 (the latest one)
6. I did not send any Employer letter, as HSMP doesnt require you to have any employer
7. Salary Slips of last 6 months
8. Merriage certificate. (My wife is European national but Marriage certificate is from Pakistan)

I had traffic conviction ... Driving Not according to License and court fine... I declared it on the application form...

Document received back on 23 July by post.

Cheers :P

jason_rency
Newly Registered

which solicitor you use?

Post by jason_rency » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:04 pm

thanks for sharing