ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP holder...Schengen Visa for Cyprus???

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kck9
BANNED

HSMP holder...Schengen Visa for Cyprus???

Post by kck9 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:41 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am basically from India holding Indian passport, presently working in UK and I am a Highly Skilled Migrant in UK.

Me and my wife are planning to visit cyprus. I would like to know if we need some specific visa. We are holding Schengen visit visa and it is expiring in 2 months.

Can I know if I can visit Cyprus with my Schengen visit Visa?
Does Cyprus comes under Schengen countries?

Is there anyway that I can find some information about this situation.

Please let me know
Thank you

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:47 am

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:58 am

dear 86ti,

Thank you for your reply.

In the above link it says that
"Third country nationals that hold a type C (single, double, multiple entry), valid Schengen visa do not require a Cyprus visa, provided that they have a valid residence permit for an EU country and that they have already entered a Schengen state, at least once. Those who are eligible to travel under this directive may remain in the premises of the Republic of Cyprus for as long as their Schengen visa is valid."
Can I know
1. what they meant by 'Third country nationals'. I am holding Indian passport with valid HSMP visa. Will I come under third country national???

2. Also it says that
"provided that they have a valid residence permit for an EU country and that they have already entered a Schengen state, at least once."
I am having HSMP visa and Schengen visa with multiple entry, does it comes under valid residence permit for an EU country. I have already travelled Italy, France and Germany so I think I am eligible for the next condition anyway...

Can someone please confirm this.

Thank you for your time