ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New directive for entry to Cyprus

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

New directive for entry to Cyprus

Post by flyboy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:12 am

http://www.mfa.gov.cy/mfa/highcom/highc ... enDocument

Third country nationals that hold a type C (single, double, multiple entry), valid Schengen visa do not require a Cyprus visa, provided that they have already entered a Schengen state, at least once and provided that all other pertinent requirements are
fulfilled. Those who are eligible to travel under this directive may remain in the premises of the Republic of Cyprus for as long as their Schengen visa is valid

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:21 am

Also:

F. Spouses/ Dependants of Europian Union citizens

"In accordance with the European Union Directive No. 2004/ 58/ EC of 29/04/2004, third country nationals, who are spouses or dependants of EU citizens do NOT require a visa to enter the Republic of Cyprus, on the condition that they are resident in an EU country and are in possession of a residency permit.
Those persons travelling without a visa in accordance with the above regulation must have in their possession documentation proving their relationship to an EU citizen. In other words their residency permit if the relationship is stated on it and if not the marriage certificate and a copy of the spouses passport".

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:33 am

Plum70 wrote:Also:

F. Spouses/ Dependants of Europian Union citizens

"[...] In other words their residency permit if the relationship is stated on it and if not the marriage certificate and a copy of the spouses passport".
Sounds like the family member can travel their alone.

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:29 pm

And they also allow non EEA family members to enter according to Directive 2004/38.

That really leaves only two countries still in breach of Community law. Guess which :wink:
Aiming at travelling to the UK with my wife and not with an EEA FP!

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:31 pm

Plum70 was quicker than I! :twisted:

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Richard66 wrote:And they also allow non EEA family members to enter according to Directive 2004/38.

That really leaves only two countries still in breach of Community law. Guess which :wink:
France and Spain? :?:

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:26 pm

You know as well as I do... I now I happen to be in one of them... Islands they are...
:D

kck9
BANNED

Re: New directive for entry to Cyprus

Post by kck9 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:24 pm

flyboy wrote:http://www.mfa.gov.cy/mfa/highcom/highc ... enDocument

Third country nationals that hold a type C (single, double, multiple entry), valid Schengen visa do not require a Cyprus visa, provided that they have already entered a Schengen state, at least once and provided that all other pertinent requirements are
fulfilled. Those who are eligible to travel under this directive may remain in the premises of the Republic of Cyprus for as long as their Schengen visa is valid
Hi can somebody help...

In the above link it says that
"Third country nationals that hold a type C (single, double, multiple entry), valid Schengen visa do not require a Cyprus visa, provided that they have a valid residence permit for an EU country and that they have already entered a Schengen state, at least once. Those who are eligible to travel under this directive may remain in the premises of the Republic of Cyprus for as long as their Schengen visa is valid."
Can I know
1. what they meant by 'Third country nationals'. I am holding Indian passport with valid HSMP visa. Will I come under third country national???

2. Also it says that
"provided that they have a valid residence permit for an EU country and that they have already entered a Schengen state, at least once."
I am having HSMP visa to work in UK and Schengen visa with multiple entry, does it comes under valid residence permit for an EU country. I have already travelled Italy, France and Germany so I think I am eligible for the next condition anyway...

Can someone please confirm this.

Thank you for your time