ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR argent help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iffyzulfy
Newly Registered

ILR argent help

Post by iffyzulfy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:26 am

my wife spouse visa expires on 23 july 2009 she has just passed her life in the uk test but im not sure what supporting documents i need when i apply for ILR i have checked some website and they say you need 20 documents but it doesn't say which one

my wife hasn't worked she is a housewife we have a 14 month child no joint account we live with my mother (2 years) the only letters that come to our address with both name on it is child tax credit and child benfit

i would be greatful is someone could point me to the right direction

k.durmus
Newly Registered

Post by k.durmus » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi
It does state what is needed on the form, but i realise you are concerned that you may not have enough evidence.

When i helped my husband apply i counted all letters etc. i,e you should send at least the last 3 months of payslips, bills, bank statements etc, i counted each one seperately. With regards to her occupation, i suggest if there is nowhere you can state it, just write a cover letter.

Assuming your child will have a British passport therefore do not need to send their passport etc, make sure you send the following

-Yours/Wife Passport
-Yours/Wife recent passport sized photo with names on back
-From you/mother (and wife where possible) Bank statements, wage slips
-Letter from your mother confirming she will support her and her financial resources (last 3months)
-Send any letters addressed to you both at your present address
-If lacking the above send 4-5 letters addressed to one of you and 1-2 letters addressed to the other to prove you live together.
-Where you are unable to provide any documents and lack in this, ensure you give an explanation (on a seperate sheet of paper)

Hope this is of help and makes sense!
Good luck

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:57 pm

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... 042009.pdf

Go to the above link and read it and it will tell you what type of 6 different docs you will need for your wifes ILR

iffyzulfy
Newly Registered

Post by iffyzulfy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:16 am

thanks for the replay. k durmus why would i send my mother bank statment and wages when i work full time is that additional

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:48 pm

You only send docs relating to you and your wife, not anybody else.

iffyzulfy
Newly Registered

Post by iffyzulfy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:09 am

hi

im not sure what to wright in the covering letter. do i mention about our marriage and why we don't have a joint bank account and aslo why we living with my parents just confuse

i would be grateful if u could point me to right direction

i will be applying by post on thursday 16th july 2009 as her visa exp on 23rd july 2009

iffyzulfy
Newly Registered

Post by iffyzulfy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:03 pm

anyone that can help or point me to right direction