ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

letter from employer vs Form 16

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gherajesh
Newly Registered

letter from employer vs Form 16

Post by gherajesh » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:11 am

Hi,,

I am going to apply from india for Tier 1 General. I have "bank statements" and "Form 16" as a proof of my previous earnings.
Are they sufficient.

Also I have printed copy of "Form 16" which is stamped and signed by company. It doesnot contain contact details. Will it be fine????

Regards.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: letter from employer vs Form 16

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:45 am

gherajesh wrote:Hi,,

I am going to apply from india for Tier 1 General. I have "bank statements" and "Form 16" as a proof of my previous earnings.
Are they sufficient.

Also I have printed copy of "Form 16" which is stamped and signed by company. It doesnot contain contact details. Will it be fine????

Regards.
Form 16 doesn't corroborate with your bank statement. You better get either payslips or letter from employer stating gross-net salary monthly.

gherajesh
Newly Registered

Post by gherajesh » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:50 am

thanks chetanojha for ur replies

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:31 pm

What would be an ideal format for this letter from employer??

I am having problems in obtaining it as Chetan mentioned. They issue only mentioning income that I have earned in one year, not monthly. They just say for these tweleve months I have received this total income which is free from tax due to a national law. Is it okay?

I would appreciate if seniors respond to it.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:39 pm

mvent00 wrote:What would be an ideal format for this letter from employer??

I am having problems in obtaining it as Chetan mentioned. They issue only mentioning income that I have earned in one year, not monthly. They just say for these tweleve months I have received this total income which is free from tax due to a national law. Is it okay?

I used this format when i had to clarify some salary discrepancies..

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to confirm that Mr. xxxx is an employee of yyyy UK LTD working as ooooo since ddmm yy.

The total gross salary received by Mr. xxxi for the period of 01-Jan 200 till 31-Dec-200 is £ nnnn . Please find a table below which shows the breakup of his salary in detail as Gross Salary, Net Salary, Salary Month and Date Credited directly into his bank account.

SALARY DATE CREDITED GROSS SALARY NET SALARY
January 2008* 25th Jan 2008 £ nnn1 £ nnnn

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:53 pm

You need to get letter which mention month wise salary (gross and net) which corroborates your bank statements. Format is same as the one adviced by tvn_ramesh above.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:49 pm

Thank you chetanojha an tvn_ramesh. This is how simple things become hard to get. I do not know what to do. Anyway, will try again to get in this format.
chetanojha wrote:

You need to get letter which mention month wise salary (gross and net) which corroborates your bank statements. Format is same as the one adviced by tvn_ramesh above.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:04 am

mvent00 wrote:Thank you chetanojha an tvn_ramesh. This is how simple things become hard to get. I do not know what to do. Anyway, will try again to get in this format.
chetanojha wrote:

Well, you need something which corroborate you bank statement. Unless you have that, how else you gonna prove your total gross income as bank statement will only have net salary mentioned.

Alternatively, if your gross salary=net salary=bank statement figures then sum(mentioned in company letter) = sum(net salary in bank statement). Just a thought.But this is only presuming your gross and net salary are same(as you mentioned that no tax due to law).

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:58 pm

Yes, when they say my fellowship was ..... for last twelve months, it is exactly the same amount of SUM of salaries which my bank statments show for last one year. They did not mention gross and net income separately in the letter as it is free of tax, but they included the clause of national law in the letter stating that this salary was free of tax.
chetanojha wrote: Well, you need something which corroborate you bank statement. Unless you have that, how else you gonna prove your total gross income as bank statement will only have net salary mentioned.

Alternatively, if your gross salary=net salary=bank statement figures then sum(mentioned in company letter) = sum(net salary in bank statement). Just a thought. But this is only presuming your gross and net salary are same (as you mentioned that no tax due to law).