ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching PSW to Tier 2 - same sponsor different job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gevenia
Newly Registered

Switching PSW to Tier 2 - same sponsor different job

Post by gevenia » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:00 am

Please help,

i've been with my potential sponsor for a year and a half now, and a possible job offer just came up which takes my prospective earning up to 24k which is eligible for 20 points. I need to switch my visa to tier 2 by oct 2009 which is less than 6 months.

will i be able to claim points for switching? since i have been with the same sponsor for more than six months but i'll be doing a different job now, a better paid job too?

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:43 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gevenia
Newly Registered

Re: Switching PSW to Tier 2 - same sponsor different job

Post by gevenia » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:13 pm

gevenia wrote:Please help,

i've been with my potential sponsor for a year and a half now, and a possible job offer just came up which takes my prospective earning up to 24k which is eligible for 20 points. I need to switch my visa to tier 2 by oct 2009 which is less than 6 months.

will i be able to claim points for switching? since i have been with the same sponsor for more than six months but i'll be doing a different job now, a better paid job too?

thanks
Sorry i should have mentioned that , I know I am eligible to switch, because i'm under fresh talent scheme at the moment

However , I'll be doing a different job less than 6 months before my current visa expires, (because i've just been offered this higher prospective salary job with the same sponsor which can give me the points to qualify )

will i'll still be able to claim for switching?

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:56 pm

:o :idea:
hi