ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job research/Job offer evidence for EC interview

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rao166

Job research/Job offer evidence for EC interview

Post by rao166 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:15 am

Hi,

I got interview call for EC from BHC islamabad. The ECO wrote that bring along job research/job offer evidence with u.
I have no job offer yet. What evidence shud i bring along as a proof of job research.

Did anyone receive the same kind of demand from ECO and what he produced against it?

Hope to listen.

Regards
Rao.

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:35 am

Yes, it is reguar practice by the BHC to ask for the job search. You don't need to worry if u don't have job offer. U can get job seach from the net very easily. if u can't. then let me know, i can guide you.

Thanks
sohail

rao166

Post by rao166 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:51 am

I have been searching jobs on the net.

But what i can take for interview are the job advertisements (print outs from diff web sites). Wud it be suffice ?

regards
rao

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:45 pm

Yes, the ads are enough to present to ECO. By the way where are u from in Paksitan?

rao166

Post by rao166 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:58 am

Thanks Sohail, I am from Lahore.

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:03 pm

rao166,

If you still have enough time, you can take time out and send your CV and covering letters to those job ads you see on the net. Some will reply if not all.

I have sent in the last 3 days about 2 applications for specific jobs and 3 general letters to recruitment Agency telling them the kind of job i am looking for. The work experience i have and also why i want to work in that sector since i don't have the experience in that sector except an NVQ4 course that i am just undertaking in that field.

I have gotten 2 responses so far, one response said i should get in touch when i get to UK. The second was that they don't recruit directly but gave me appropriate links.

The same method might not apply, but the main point here is just send out your CV to those places you think you can fit in. It was a little bit difficult initially, because i was thinking of what to put in my CV since i don't know how it is presented in UK and also what Covering letter entails and most especially i am seeking job in an area where i don't even have an iota of experience.

I discovered that immediately i was determined to start, i got both the CV and the covering letter ready within 30 mins. The irony of it is that what now happen to be my covering letter is the letter i sent out to a recruitment agency i came across looking for a higher post in the sector i am interested in . I wrote a letter telling them what is on ground, my earlier work experience, the little unpaid experience that can be relevant to the job i am interested in and also told them what effort i am making towards improving myself in that career. I did not know that i was actually writing a covering letter.

This Covering letter and my CV is what i have used in the last 3 days and like i said earlier i have gotten 2 responses already. This responses will be an evidence to EC officer what effort has been made in job searching. I still intend to do more in the next couple of days.

In short, throw your CV around and i am sure you will get some response, that is if you still have some time before you send in your application.

I hope this will also be useful to people who don't know how to get started applying for jobs before relocating and also needing some form of evidence of job searching for EC purposes.

Good luck and keep us posted on how it went.
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."