ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bsudhir

Tier1 Dependent visa

Post by bsudhir » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi

I have got HSMP in June and plan to bring my family (Wife and son) to UK in August on Tier1 -Dependent visa. Can you let me know on the following:

1. Rental agreement: The apartment i live is provided by my company and the rental agreement is on the company's name. It also has names of 2 of my colleagues who lived there earlier. I tried to put my name in the agreement but the letting agent is not willing to add my name as it is on a rolling contract. The council bills are also on the landlords name.

The only proofs i have are the BT Landline, Bank Statements and Salary slips where the address is mentioned.

I can get a letter from my company stating that am living in the apartment. Will that suffice as proof for applying for dependent visa?

Can anyone please let me know?

Regards
Sudhir

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier1 Dependent visa

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:22 pm

bsudhir wrote:Hi

I have got HSMP in June and plan to bring my family (Wife and son) to UK in August on Tier1 -Dependent visa. Can you let me know on the following:

1. Rental agreement: The apartment i live is provided by my company and the rental agreement is on the company's name. It also has names of 2 of my colleagues who lived there earlier. I tried to put my name in the agreement but the letting agent is not willing to add my name as it is on a rolling contract. The council bills are also on the landlords name.

The only proofs i have are the BT Landline, Bank Statements and Salary slips where the address is mentioned.

I can get a letter from my company stating that am living in the apartment. Will that suffice as proof for applying for dependent visa?

Can anyone please let me know?

Regards
Sudhir
Yes, you can get a letter from you company that you work for them and they are providing the accomodation and they have no objection to bring your family and the accomdation is enough for a family... .... something like that...

That should be more than enough and since yo uahve got the BT Landline invoice with ur name at that address it will add to ur company letter...

And you shd be good to go ahead..

Main thing is you make sure you complete and enough Maintenance funds to support ur family that is wat the HO wil be looking for,.,..

bsudhir

Post by bsudhir » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:18 pm

Hi Ramesh

I am planning to apply from VFS- Hyderabad and would this letter from Company as accomodation proof will be sufficient?

I have called VFS helpdesk in Bangalore and they said it will be sufficient but again it depends on case worker as for some case workers it might be fine but others might be fussy about this.

I have the necessary maintenance funds and hence thats not an issue.

Thank you for sharing the information.

Regards
Sudhir

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:54 pm

bsudhir wrote:Hi Ramesh

I am planning to apply from VFS- Hyderabad and would this letter from Company as accomodation proof will be sufficient?

I have called VFS helpdesk in Bangalore and they said it will be sufficient but again it depends on case worker as for some case workers it might be fine but others might be fussy about this.

I have the necessary maintenance funds and hence thats not an issue.

Thank you for sharing the information.

Regards
Sudhir
Yes. Letter from company is more than enough and credible evidence.

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi Sudhir,

Better you can take a NOC letter from the letting agent. It will be additional support document for the accommodation proof.

Regards
Kandasamy

bsudhir

Post by bsudhir » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi

I am planning to apply dependent visa for wife and kid.

Do we need to submit 2 sets of applications with 2 sets of document proofs or 2 applications and 1 set of documents as proof? Can you please let me know?

I am planning to apply from VFS Hyderabad.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:50 pm

bsudhir wrote:Hi

I am planning to apply dependent visa for wife and kid.

Do we need to submit 2 sets of applications with 2 sets of document proofs or 2 applications and 1 set of documents as proof? Can you please let me know?

I am planning to apply from VFS Hyderabad.
Submit two original applications with one set of original supporting documents. Photocopies, even otherwise are not looked at by BHC.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:16 am

bsudhir wrote:2 applications and 1 set of documents as proof?
Yes 2 separate applications and 1set of common proof docs will do.. as you will have marriage certificate and birth certificate for ur spouse n kids respectively..

bsudhir

Post by bsudhir » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:57 pm

Dear All

Thank you for the clarifications. Need clarification on the maintenance funds:

I have a HSBC bank account in London. Few months back the bank couseller advised me to transfer money from my HSBC PLUS account to a Online Bonus saver account.I just followed their instructions and transferred money.

I have been in London for more than 12 months and am planning to bring my wife and son and hence planning to show 1600+1600+800(for my self)= 4000 GBP for the last 3 months (May/June/July)

In the month of May my HSBC PLUS account has 3200 GBP for 5 days and the for the rest of the remaining days had more than 4000 GBP.

To support this am planning to also show my HSBC online Bonus saver account which has over 6000 GBP every day for last 3 months.

I wanted to use my HSBC Online Bonus saver as proof but they give quarterly statements and my May/June/July statement i will only get in November. I went to the bank and they gave me print out and signed by manager with her business card attached to it,but they said they do not have a stamp and cannot stamp it.

Can you guide me what to do in this situation? Will my HSBC Online bonus saver statemeents will be sufficient? Are they valid?

I am planning to put statements from both accounts and the total balance i have is more than 10,000 GBP? HSBC does not give a consolidated statement for both the accounts where this problem would have been solved.

Can you please share your experience?

Regards
Sudhir

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:14 pm

I find it difficult to accept that they do not have a stamp.Every branch has one. I guess you will have to pursue further.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:52 pm

hi bsudhir,

If you are living in UK for more than 12 months then maintenance funds per dependant should be only £533, why are you calculating £1600 per dependant?

Check this link http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... tstudywork

What supporting documents should my dependants include with their application?

Your dependants should include all the documents necessary to show that they qualify for entry to the UK as your dependant. If they do not, we may refuse their application.

As a guide, your dependants should include:

evidence of their relationship to you;
evidence that there is £1600 (or £533 if you have been in the UK for more than 12 months) for each dependant, in your or their personal bank account for maintenance, and that the money has been there for at least 3 months prior to the date they make their application; and
a copy of the pages from your passport/travel document showing your permission to stay, if you are already in the UK.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:03 pm

bsudhir wrote:Dear All
HSBC does not give a consolidated statement for both the accounts where this problem would have been solved.
Not all HSBC branch gives you stamped+signed statement. You really have to try you luck with different branches. I had the similar problem where HSBC High Holbron branh(Near Holborn Tube Station) refuse to provide statement. Infact, I was HSBC does not provide any such document.

Tried couple of branches and findally got one from Croydon-Wellesley Road branch by simply walking in. It's just you need to try one or other branch.

Consolidate Letter
------------------------
Regarding consolidated letter from HSBC, you need to raise a request using your online internet banking email facility. I asked HSBC to provide me a combined statement of my current+Online Saver account. Which I received. In the request, i also request HSBC to contact me over phone before finalising the draft so that I can put exact words as required by HO.Which they did.

Alternatively, draft a letter and walking to the HSBC branch and handover the same to customer service agent. Ask him to send it to their Head Office and provide the same letter on their letter head. They may charge you £7-£15 for the same(which is legal).

Please note I did both the above steps for backup. Also had couple of heated argument with HSBC telephone banking idiots. So Good Luck..!!

bsudhir

Post by bsudhir » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:11 am

Can i use the signed bank statements or try for a stamping from other branches? Will it be a rejection without the stamp on the bank statements?