ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help - Graduation Letter from Univ.

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psw_yy
Newly Registered

Urgent Help - Graduation Letter from Univ.

Post by psw_yy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:30 am

Dear Guys

I have received a letter from my department as follows:

Mr ** has passed, and been awarded, the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the Department Engineering Science in January 2009. I can confirm that he has indicated that he will attend the formal degree ceremony, which is scheduled for 7th November 2009.

According to the regulation, the letter should provide the date of award. My questions are:

1. which date is award date in my case? Jan. 2009 or Nov 7th, 2009?
2. if Jan. 2009 is the award date, do I need a exact date? for example **th, Jan. 2009. Will it be a serious problem without a exact date, for example, only appearing Jan. 2009 on the letter?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

ammeck09

Re: Urgent Help - Graduation Letter from Univ.

Post by ammeck09 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:20 am

psw_yy wrote:Dear Guys

I have received a letter from my department as follows:

Mr ** has passed, and been awarded, the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the Department Engineering Science in January 2009. I can confirm that he has indicated that he will attend the formal degree ceremony, which is scheduled for 7th November 2009.

According to the regulation, the letter should provide the date of award. My questions are:

1. which date is award date in my case? Jan. 2009 or Nov 7th, 2009?
2. if Jan. 2009 is the award date, do I need a exact date? for example **th, Jan. 2009. Will it be a serious problem without a exact date, for example, only appearing Jan. 2009 on the letter?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.
What kind of shoddy work is this? I will advise you not to take this letter to the HO, bcos it's bound to fail. There is a format that your university should follow. Check the psw guidelines, they have explain it simply over there. In addition, it has been stated that if the letter does not follow that format, they will be refused the visa.

The letter should be an the original letter (not a copy), on the official
letter-headed paper of the United Kingdom institution at which the applicant studied towards his/her eligible qualification.

It must have been issued by an authorised official and must confirm the:
• applicant’s name;
• title of the qualification;
• date of award (as defined in paragraph 76
of these guidance notes); note: exact date
• the body awarding the qualification;
• explain the reason why the applicant is
unable to provide their original certificate of
award; and
• confirm that the certificate will be issued.

Since your letter does not follow the above format, it is likely to fail. Currently, any small mistake in the school letter is used to deny qualified applicants.

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:49 am

ammeck is right. The letter has to contain the exact date of award, together with the other things listed. It would be a shame to get a refusal over a 'minor' missing piece of information which would happen if you use this letter.
Please get another letter that contains ALL the required information before you apply.
All the best