ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help On HSMP Tier 1 Visa Queries.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mathenagsatish
Newly Registered

Need Help On HSMP Tier 1 Visa Queries.

Post by mathenagsatish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi,
I want to apply for UK Tier 1 visa this month. Please clear my queries.

1.For age proof i can submit my original passport and Driving license will that be enough.I dont have birth certificate.

2.For the earnings i have pay slips for last 12(1-July-2008 to 30-June-2009) months,Bank statements signed and stamped for last 15 months and Form-16(Tax lettter from employer) for 1-April-2008 to 31-March-2008. Will these be enough. Does i need any letter from bank again.

3. Main tainance funds i have bank statements for last 3 months is that enough or is it a must to get a letter from bank stating minimum balance is xxx and the conversion to GBP will make that too xxx.When i asked them they said they cant give like that

4. My Bank statements not having a headers like credit,debited but have clear entries with dates and details is that a problem.

5. In application VAF9 they are asking date of journey to UK can i make that to oct or nov or does i need to give very near by dates.

6.In PBsAppendix document question 4.8 they are asking employer details,business type, Earnings dates but the space given is less can you give me an i idea what i can fill.

7. I am having earnings very much near to my points is that a problem when a change occurs in conversion rate when they consider my application.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Need Help On HSMP Tier 1 Visa Queries.

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:47 pm

mathenagsatish wrote:Hi,
I want to apply for UK Tier 1 visa this month. Please clear my queries.

1.For age proof i can submit my original passport and Driving license will that be enough.I dont have birth certificate..
Passport is enough
2.For the earnings i have pay slips for last 12(1-July-2008 to 30-June-2009) months,Bank statements signed and stamped for last 15 months and Form-16(Tax lettter from employer) for 1-April-2008 to 31-March-2008. Will these be enough. Does i need any letter from bank again.
Original payslips and bankstatements are enough... u only require a employer letter, if you have any discrepancies in ur net pay and credited amt in bank..
3. Main tainance funds i have bank statements for last 3 months is that enough or is it a must to get a letter from bank stating minimum balance is xxx and the conversion to GBP will make that too xxx.When i asked them they said they cant give like that
if you have original bankstatements which fulfills the HO guidance.. they are enough letter is not required..
4. My Bank statements not having a headers like credit,debited but have clear entries with dates and details is that a problem.
No worries
5. In application VAF9 they are asking date of journey to UK can i make that to oct or nov or does i need to give very near by dates.
Any date within 6months shd be fine.. with 3months is better
6.In PBsAppendix document question 4.8 they are asking employer details,business type, Earnings dates but the space given is less can you give me an i idea what i can fill.
Such is life.. show ur greediness while filing that space and u can do it mate.. :D
7. I am having earnings very much near to my points is that a problem when a change occurs in conversion rate when they consider my application
In that case read the conversion and upliftment ratio clearly or ask seniors here and when the uplift and conversions are in your favour.. fill the application and submit it.. you need to be careful.. dont make mistake or be in hurry.. ok

Goodluck

mathenagsatish
Newly Registered

Thanks For your Reply

Post by mathenagsatish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi Ramesh Thanks you verymuch for your detailed reply,
some more doubts i forgot to ask.
1. I am calculating my points with gross pay which is only available in pay slips. Bank statements shows net pay after tax.Is that a problem.

2.Can i add my PF to earnings by taking signed copy of PF statement.With out PF also i am good as that will not add much.

3.I can get my compensation letter signed by my employer. I dont think that i can get any other specific letter which gives my whole compensation details in letter pad.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Thanks For your Reply

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:05 pm

mathenagsatish wrote:Hi Ramesh Thanks you verymuch for your detailed reply,
some more doubts i forgot to ask.
1. I am calculating my points with gross pay which is only available in pay slips. Bank statements shows net pay after tax.Is that a problem.

2.Can i add my PF to earnings by taking signed copy of PF statement.With out PF also i am good as that will not add much.

3.I can get my compensation letter signed by my employer. I dont think that i can get any other specific letter which gives my whole compensation details in letter pad.
1. Salary should be calculated using GROSS salary only. You are doing the right thing. Net amount in payslip will compliment amount deposited in the bank.

2. NO. You cannot use this as earnings. Try to play only on payslips and bank statement. PF will complicate the case. You motto is to keep your case as simple and straight forward as possible.

3.If you have payslips+bank statements, you are good to go. Go for employer letter only if there is any descrepancy in the payslips or bank statement. Try to keep things as simple and straight forward as possible.
Last edited by ChetanOjha on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:07 pm

NO.. it is fine
NO, you can not use ur PF???
Earnings points are earned from the GROSS paid by the company which can include other things as shown in guidnace pls chcek it
You only require Employer letter incase if there are any differences in ur net amount paid and amount credited in ur bank.. ifnot u dont require it..

mathenagsatish
Newly Registered

Thanks Alot Ramesh

Post by mathenagsatish » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi Ramesh Thank you verymuch.
Sorry for late reply...

mathenagsatish
Newly Registered

Some info from my side

Post by mathenagsatish » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi Ramesh,
They are calculating the money as per the below guidelines.
Converting foreign currencies
18. Earnings in a foreign currency will be converted to pound sterling (£) using the closing spot exchange rate for the last day of the period for which the applicant has claimed earnings in that currency.

19. If the applicant's earnings fall either side of a period of maternity or adoption leave, earnings in a foreign currency will be converted to pounds sterling (£) using the closing spot exchange rate which exists:

(a) for the earnings earned before maternity or adoption leave, on the last day of the period before maternity leave, and

(b) for the earnings earned after maternity or adoption leave, on the last day of the period after maternity leave.

20. The spot exchange rate which will be used is that which appears on www.oanda.com*

21. Once converted, earnings will be multiplied by the multiplier shown in table 2A below. The relevant country or territory is whichever country or territory the currency was earned in.

22. A multiplier will not be applied to overseas earnings (if any) of an applicant who has, or was last granted, leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant or Tier 1 (General) Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist, or Self-employed Lawyer and who is applying for leave to remain.

23. Where the previous earnings claimed are in different currencies, any foreign currencies will be converted and multiplied before being added together, and then added to any UK earnings, to give a total amount.
Below you can find the link. Correct me if i am wrong.Above quoted text i have copied exactly from the below link only.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Some info from my side

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:34 pm

mathenagsatish wrote:Hi Ramesh,
18. Earnings in a foreign currency will be converted to pound sterling (£) using the closing spot exchange rate for the last day of the period for which the applicant has claimed earnings in that currency.

19. If the applicant's earnings fall either side of a period of maternity or adoption leave, earnings in a foreign currency will be converted to pounds sterling (£) using the closing spot exchange rate which exists:

(a) for the earnings earned before maternity or adoption leave, on the last day of the period before maternity leave, and

(b) for the earnings earned after maternity or adoption leave, on the last day of the period after maternity leave.

20. The spot exchange rate which will be used is that which appears on www.oanda.com*

21. Once converted, earnings will be multiplied by the multiplier shown in table 2A below. The relevant country or territory is whichever country or territory the currency was earned in.

22. A multiplier will not be applied to overseas earnings (if any) of an applicant who has, or was last granted, leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant or Tier 1 (General) Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist, or Self-employed Lawyer and who is applying for leave to remain.

23. Where the previous earnings claimed are in different currencies, any foreign currencies will be converted and multiplied before being added together, and then added to any UK earnings, to give a total amount.
Below you can find the link. Correct me if i am wrong.Above quoted text i have copied exactly from the below link only.

I will leave this part to be answered by those who applied from outside UK recently as they have real practical experience.. becos ur case is on the Edge DO or Die..

wait for some experienced seniors to reply you on this..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Some info from my side

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:42 pm

mathenagsatish wrote:Hi Ramesh,

What was the question here?

mathenagsatish
Newly Registered

HI ChetanOjha

Post by mathenagsatish » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:58 pm

I have asked one question in my first post i this post(Question 7). I am posting that question and answer below.
7. I am having earnings very much near to my points is that a problem when a change occurs in conversion rate when they consider my application

ANSWER: In that case read the conversion and upliftment ratio clearly or ask seniors here and when the uplift and conversions are in your favour.. fill the application and submit it.. you need to be careful.. dont make mistake or be in hurry.. ok
For that question i think i found the answer so i posted that one above for information. My exact understanding is "either My application date coversion rate or my last earning date which i have mentioned in earnings will be considered as the final conversion rate not the any other date like my application consideration date" Thats what i wanted to say to him. Please correct me if i am wrong and please tell me which date they will take into consideration.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: HI ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:12 pm

mathenagsatish wrote:I have asked one question in my first post i this post(Question 7). I am posting that question and answer below.

ANSWER: In that case read the conversion and upliftment ratio clearly or ask seniors here and when the uplift and conversions are in your favour.. fill the application and submit it.. you need to be careful.. dont make mistake or be in hurry.. ok
For that question i think i found the answer so i posted that one above for information. My exact understanding is "either My application date coversion rate or my last earning date which i have mentioned in earnings will be considered as the final conversion rate not the any other date like my application consideration date" Thats what i wanted to say to him. Please correct me if i am wrong and please tell me which date they will take into consideration.
You should be considering conversion rate of the last date of your earning period and not your application date. This is for Earnings.

mathenagsatish
Newly Registered

Thanks For your Reply

Post by mathenagsatish » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:17 pm

Hi ChetanOjha.
That means last(12th) month of my salary creadited right...

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:09 pm

mathenagsatish wrote:Hi ChetanOjha.
That means last(12th) month of my salary creadited right...
Yes.If you are claiming earning between Jan-April , you conversion rate will of 30th April. Your April salary may get deposited in your account on 25th April, but for conversion you should take 30th April rates. This is in-line with the statement you pasted above:

"Earnings in a foreign currency will be converted to pound sterling (£) using the closing spot exchange rate for the last day of the period for which the applicant has claimed earnings in that currency. "

mathenagsatish
Newly Registered

Tanks Alot

Post by mathenagsatish » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:12 am

Hi Chetan Ojha,
Tanks Alot