ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i work while waiting for my hearing date???

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amnandu
Newly Registered

Can i work while waiting for my hearing date???

Post by amnandu » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:26 pm

Hello frnds,

I had my visa rejected and have my hearing date on 19th of august. I want to know if i can work for full time ??? If yes is that written anywhere so that i can keep that as a proof. I really want to know this coz this is the thing which isnt mentioned any where. Am jus worried.

Please guys let me know the site or the paste the link if any 1 know any info bou this..

Thanks in advance

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: Can i work while waiting for my hearing date???

Post by jack199 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:33 pm

amnandu wrote:Hello frnds,

I had my visa rejected and have my hearing date on 19th of august. I want to know if i can work for full time ??? If yes is that written anywhere so that i can keep that as a proof. I really want to know this coz this is the thing which isnt mentioned any where. Am jus worried.

Please guys let me know the site or the paste the link if any 1 know any info bou this..

Thanks in advance
You can only work part time while the appeal is under process and your visa would be class as continue (from student) and will have all the restrictions attached to it. So yes you can work but only 20 hours. Keep yourself safe and keep your back covered......!

amnandu
Newly Registered

Post by amnandu » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:28 pm

Thanks for the reply jack. Have you got any wesite which informs me that i shuld b working only part time??? I have finished my masters and frankly once i have finished my masters i can work full time....I spoke to AIT customer care n they said i can work for full time but i was lokin for a weblink so that i can be confirmed with that news....

amnandu
Newly Registered

Post by amnandu » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:29 pm

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/working_after.php

i have got the above link but am nt sure if that weblink is from HO or not.

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:34 pm

amnandu wrote:http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/working_after.php

i have got the above link but am nt sure if that weblink is from HO or not.
This link is Working in the UK after your studies even though you finish your studies you can work full time up to 3 months but then you would have to apply for PSW and if PSW gets rejected you submit an appeal you go back to student conditions until the appeal outcome...

This is my understanding and so as the many people on this forum. But there is not any authentic source which confirms otherwise.

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:27 pm

u can work but it shud not exceed 20 hour p/w as ur previous imigration conditions r still on

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:32 pm

Having said what i said before. Your application technically is still considered in-progress. so look at the link below

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/files/pdf/work ... ng_psw.pdf

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/files/pdf/work ... o_work.pdf

Again this is just information!

amnandu
Newly Registered

Post by amnandu » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:43 am

Thanks for the replies.. I got my hearing date on 19th of august...My company all of a suden was askin for visa so i had to tel em y this was rejected n all. It was rejectd due to funds and that was a problem with the bank as it didnt send me my bank statements on time so had to send online printed statements.I am sure i will win the case but takes lot of time...thats wat ma worried bou.....