ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriagevisahelp.com

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

walessale
Newly Registered

Marriagevisahelp.com

Post by walessale » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:17 pm

Hello. I am in the process of applying for my spousal visa and I have hired the immigration consultants- www.marriagevisahelp.com. They are not OISC registered and I am just praying that I am making a wise decision by using them. Has anyone ever used them before or know anyone who has? I would really like to hear more about them from people who have had personal experiences with them- both good and bad. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Dean1960
Newly Registered

Post by Dean1960 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:36 pm

When we decided to hire somebody to assist us with our fiancée visa application I called several immigration consultants and solicitors who deal in this area. I chose Marriagevisahelp.com after speaking on the phone with them because I got the impression that they would be reachable when we needed answers and because it seemed they would not take our matter lightly. We could not have made a better choice than getting them as representative through the visa process. Our case worker was great, very professional and super fast in responding. My fiancée received her visa in Thailand in just 2 weeks and with no interview. I am certain that it would have been more of a lengthy and confusing ordeal had we not used professional services. I would be happy to have them handle our FLR application, but due to financial issues I am going to have to do it myself this time, hopefully, with some help from this message board. Dean

UK_BR5

Post by UK_BR5 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:41 am

is this a new way of advertising ? q&a style ? :-)

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:47 am

UK_BR5 wrote:is this a new way of advertising ? q&a style ? :-)
Nice one! And all for FREE! Maybe I should plug my business here too? :wink:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Amazing that they both joined the forum around the same time...1st post for both of them! 8)

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:48 pm

Casa wrote:Amazing that they both joined the forum around the same time...1st post for both of them! 8)
Wonder if the IP address is the same too...???... :lol:

walessale
Newly Registered

Post by walessale » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:46 pm

Rozen wrote:
Casa wrote:Amazing that they both joined the forum around the same time...1st post for both of them! 8)
Wonder if the IP address is the same too...???... :lol:
Hate to tell you this, but all of you "super sleuths" are wrong - and the owners and mods of the board will clearly be able to see that the IP addresses are probably not even in the same part of the world. LOL! All kidding aside, I was hoping that I could find an honest opinion about this company by someone with more than one post. There is another thread on this board that also asks a similar question about this company http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 423#208423 - but is also only answered by a suspicious forum member with just one post ( which is why I asked again in the first place). I have to say that I find that disturbing and it also makes me wonder if someone from the actual company is not scanning the board to promote themselves.
I would also like to say that I have been to 3 immigration boards and can not find anyone with any real credibility who has used this company before. :cry: I will keep on trying and I will still welcome the feedback of anyone who has been around for a while who would like to share their experiences working with them either on the open forum or through pms. TIA. :D
Last edited by walessale on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

walessale
Newly Registered

Post by walessale » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:00 pm

Dean1960 wrote:When we decided to hire somebody to assist us with our fiancée visa application I called several immigration consultants and solicitors who deal in this area. I chose Marriagevisahelp.com after speaking on the phone with them because I got the impression that they would be reachable when we needed answers and because it seemed they would not take our matter lightly. We could not have made a better choice than getting them as representative through the visa process. Our case worker was great, very professional and super fast in responding. My fiancée received her visa in Thailand in just 2 weeks and with no interview. I am certain that it would have been more of a lengthy and confusing ordeal had we not used professional services. I would be happy to have them handle our FLR application, but due to financial issues I am going to have to do it myself this time, hopefully, with some help from this message board. Dean
Dean if you are sincere and not an employee of the company, I would like to thank you for your post and apologize for any unfair assumptions. Cheers!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:14 pm

OK then..........................

About "marriagevisahelp.com"

There is no actual UK address.

There is no postal address for any of their locations.

They do not have an OISC logo, they may not even be regulated by them.

I cannot find "Marriage Visa Help" on the OISC list of advisors:

http://www.oisc.gov.uk/people_seeking_i ... _advisers/

Due to the paucity of info on their website I will not be easily find out if they are regulated by the Law Society for England and Wales for example.

They have a 100% success record which is pretty unbelievable frankly.

A "WHOIS" search does not reveal much apart from that the website appears to have only been created in 2007.

So it is up to you really.

walessale
Newly Registered

Post by walessale » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:13 am

PaperPusher wrote:OK then..........................

About "marriagevisahelp.com"

There is no actual UK address.

There is no postal address for any of their locations.

They do not have an OISC logo, they may not even be regulated by them.

I cannot find "Marriage Visa Help" on the OISC list of advisors:

http://www.oisc.gov.uk/people_seeking_i ... _advisers/

Due to the paucity of info on their website I will not be easily find out if they are regulated by the Law Society for England and Wales for example.

They have a 100% success record which is pretty unbelievable frankly.

A "WHOIS" search does not reveal much apart from that the website appears to have only been created in 2007.

So it is up to you really.
Thank you so much for your time, help, and research in this matter - it is greatly appreciated.

Dean1960
Newly Registered

Post by Dean1960 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:46 pm

walessale, I can assure you I am not an employee of the company. I wasn’t actually going to write anything here, but your thread grabbed my attention as I tried to find any useful information on making our FLR application. Unfortunately, I can’t afford to use a consultant this time. I must admit I was skeptical myself when I realised they were not registered with OISC, but they managed to convince me that my case would be handled in the most professional and efficient manner and they kept their promise. The consultant I initially spoke with was extremely knowledgeable and in less than five minutes explained the process in detail, while other consultancies I had contacted could barely answer basic questions about applying for a fiancée visa in Thailand. In fact, one of the so-called qualified professionals told me my fiancée could come on a tourist visa and then apply for a spouse visa from the UK which was not the case. They completed all the forms, booked an appointment for my fiancée in Bangkok and ended up sending a complete package to my fiancée with instructions in Thai which was very helpful. They called my fiancée to make sure she understood the process, which we both greatly appreciated. As a result, the process went smoothly and our visa was approved in just 2 weeks while in most cases it takes longer from what I understand. I recommended this company to a good friend of mine who is going through the same process with his Chinese girlfriend and they are happy with them. I personally wasn’t crazy about getting a registered consultant to assist us through the process, especially after receiving wrong advice from one of them. All I wanted was to get this done right, quickly and for a reasonable fee. Good luck!