ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP URGENTLY NEEDED -PSW refused because of maintenance

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jen81
Newly Registered

HELP URGENTLY NEEDED -PSW refused because of maintenance

Post by jen81 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:20 pm

Hi,

I need help urgently!

I applied for my PSW from Nigeria in April but I was refused because according to the ECO, my visa was refused because my bank statement covers the period from 30 january to 21st April only and that I have failed to show that the money has been in my account for a period of at least 3 months.

I did my masters in UK but came back to Nigeria in March so that I can apply for PSW from here because I had sufficient funds (over 2800 pounds). However because I was not in the country, there was no activity in my account till I came back to Nigeria. So when I got my bank statement, it only reflected the last days of each month from January till 21st of April. I have the right of administrative review which I intend to take up but before then, my questions are:

1) Should I get a letter from my bank to show that I had over 2800 pounds from 1st January to 21st April?

2) Can the letter be regarded as new evidence or supporting evidence?

3) Do I need a cover letter and what is the format?

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: HELP URGENTLY NEEDED -PSW refused because of maintenance

Post by jack199 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:30 pm

You need to have FULL THREE MONTHS statement! if you can not supply or your balance dropped even by a penny, you would be in trouble.

Yes you do need a new letter/statements from your bank covering the transactions for the whole 3 months. I would advise you to get both the bank letter and FULL STATEMENT for the last 3 months.

you might have to right a witness statement, there are few examples on this forum which you can have a look. follow the link below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=witness

jen81
Newly Registered

HELP URGENTLY NEEDED - PSW refused because of maintenance

Post by jen81 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:13 am

Thanx Jack199.

If I am taking up the administrative review, can I include a letter now from my bank stating that I had 2800 pounds in my account everyday from January 1st till 21st April? Will this be regarded as new evidence or supporting evidence?

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: HELP URGENTLY NEEDED - PSW refused because of maintenanc

Post by jack199 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:33 am

jen81 wrote:Thanx Jack199.

If I am taking up the administrative review, can I include a letter now from my bank stating that I had 2800 pounds in my account everyday from January 1st till 21st April? Will this be regarded as new evidence or supporting evidence?
If you are using the same bank account and at the time of application you had £800 in the same bank account but somehow could not show it, then it would be fine.

You can only put new evidence related to the same bank account at the time of application. If you have put some more money into the account after the refusal and wants to include this as a new evidence it would not count and you would be counting on the judge.

Hope that helps.