ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Proof of earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahulkavuri

Tier 1 - Proof of earnings

Post by rahulkavuri » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:16 am

Hi

Before I submit my application I would like to clarify couple of questions

1. Should the proof of earnings be shown for 12 consecutive months
2. Some of my payrolls were in the mode of checks, if the VISA officer does not find the proof satisfying enough will he deduct the sum of the gross amount of those checks from the total gross amount claimed and recalculate the points or will he ask me for further proofs.[/u]

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 - Proof of earnings

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:26 am

rahulkavuri wrote:Hi

Before I submit my application I would like to clarify couple of questions

1. Should the proof of earnings be shown for 12 consecutive months
2. Some of my payrolls were in the mode of checks, if the VISA officer does not find the proof satisfying enough will he deduct the sum of the gross amount of those checks from the total gross amount claimed and recalculate the points or will he ask me for further proofs.[/u]
1. Yes.
2. This is a little grey area. Few people have got points after recalculation but this depends on the caseworker. He may/may not recalculate it.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:05 pm

rahulkavuri wrote: 2. Some of my payrolls were in the mode of checks, if the VISA officer does not find the proof satisfying enough will he deduct the sum of the gross amount of those checks from the total gross amount claimed and recalculate the points or will he ask me for further proofs.[/u]
You shd think of getting a letter from your Employer explaining the payments done by cheques.. so that you will not loose points in earnings...

EMPLOYER LETTER* is EQUAL to PAYSLIPS...(Source1) and Bankstatements will be Source2 confirming it..

* check for proper formats if you want to get employer letter

rahulkavuri

Post by rahulkavuri » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:19 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
rahulkavuri wrote: 2. Some of my payrolls were in the mode of checks, if the VISA officer does not find the proof satisfying enough will he deduct the sum of the gross amount of those checks from the total gross amount claimed and recalculate the points or will he ask me for further proofs.[/u]
You shd think of getting a letter from your Employer explaining the payments done by cheques.. so that you will not loose points in earnings...

EMPLOYER LETTER* is EQUAL to PAYSLIPS...(Source1) and Bankstatements will be Source2 confirming it..

Ramesh,

Thanks for the reply, I have an official tax document from my employer for the year 2008.

I am claiming earnings from USA and India. My claim period is June 2008-May 2009 and this document actually shows my earnings only for the month of November and December in USA.

Can I ask him to consider this tax document as proof of earning for those 2 months (when the payment was made in checks) stating that my date of entry was November 2008 in USA and it can be verified from my passport.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:07 pm

rahulkavuri wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Ramesh,

Thanks for the reply, I have an official tax document from my employer for the year 2008.

I am claiming earnings from USA and India. My claim period is June 2008-May 2009 and this document actually shows my earnings only for the month of November and December in USA.

Can I ask him to consider this tax document as proof of earning for those 2 months (when the payment was made in checks) stating that my date of entry was November 2008 in USA and it can be verified from my passport.
If it not possible to get a letter than you can choose that option...

If you look into Page 37 L10 of the application.. you have one option as shown below..

Official tax document generated by
the tax authority or the applicant’s
employer, showing earnings upon
which tax has been paid / is to be
paid in a tax year (eg. P60 in the
United Kingdom )

You need to explain this in coverletter so that caseworker doesnt miss it..

rahulkavuri

Post by rahulkavuri » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:02 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
rahulkavuri wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Ramesh,

If it not possible to get a letter than you can choose that option...

If you look into Page 37 L10 of the application.. you have one option as shown below..

Official tax document generated by
the tax authority or the applicant’s
employer, showing earnings upon
which tax has been paid / is to be
paid in a tax year (eg. P60 in the
United Kingdom )

You need to explain this in coverletter so that caseworker doesnt miss it..
thanks for the answer, i may have to go ahead with the official tax document...

rahulkavuri

Post by rahulkavuri » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:07 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:

Hi Ramesh,

I asked my employer for the letter and he says that my payslips already specifically state that payment as 'Check Amount'... will this be sufficient...

Please do let me know

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:42 am

rahulkavuri wrote:my payslips already specifically state that payment as 'Check Amount'... will this be sufficient...
Not sure exactly wat ur question is.. can you please elaborate it..

cheers

rahulkavuri

Post by rahulkavuri » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:06 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
rahulkavuri wrote:my payslips already specifically state that payment as 'Check Amount'... will this be sufficient...
Not sure exactly wat ur question is.. can you please elaborate it..

cheers
Hi Ramesh,

I am attaching the screenshot of my pay slip which says check amount in the Net Pay Distribution --

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/359/check.png

and also attaching the screenshot of the regular pay slip

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2479/electronic.png

do these payslips need to carry the official logo of my company ? my US payslips were electronic and I already got them stamped and attested from the HR...