ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSE

Post by HSE » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:33 pm

congrats tiggs and hope4best
can i ask if you wont mind mentioning about your long awaiting frustrated process here. like day of application, month of acknowledgment then date for asking docs and when they sent ur docs to ever popular Outside agencies. Thanks a mill. and congrats again mate.

YMC and EBS, i am in same shoes like u folks. applied dec 05, docs asked in june 08, WFOA since sept 08.

fingers crossed and keep smilling :))

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:44 pm

Applied may 2006
Request for additional document October 2008
Additional Documents Submitted Nov 2008
Letter of Approval July 2009

Thats my time lines.
Regards
Tiggs

Hope4Best@
Newly Registered

Thank You All.

Post by Hope4Best@ » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:26 pm

Thank You All,

I did Apply june 2006 Request for additional document October 2008 Additional Documents Submitted Nov 2008 got Approval July 2009
it was long journey waiting, waiting, waiting and got approvel
in almost 3 years time i rang to Dept 2 or 3 times for updates.

Best of luck to every one.

Regards
Hope4Best.

HSE

Post by HSE » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:44 am

Thanks a mill folks, how long ur docs stay for outside agencies.like garda clearance and social tax office clearance time frame wise. coz probably that is the longest time usually in application processing once it opened.

Hope4Best@
Newly Registered

Post by Hope4Best@ » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:27 pm

Hi HSE.

For me took almost 6 to 7 months for outside agencies after submiting addtional documents like garda clearance and social tax office clearance.

Regards,
H4B.

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:39 pm

Folks,

I was told on 19/05 that my file was being prepared to be sent to the minister. Then on the 16/06 INIS informed me that file was sent to the Minister the previous week. 07/07 - waiting for minister's approval.

How long does this process take pls?

cheers,

NI

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:33 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:Folks,

I was told on 19/05 that my file was being prepared to be sent to the minister. Then on the 16/06 INIS informed me that file was sent to the Minister the previous week. 07/07 - waiting for minister's approval.

cheers,

NI
It will take roughly between 4 to 6 weeks. My personal experience was 4 weeks. All the best of luck in your application

u0543
Newly Registered

Post by u0543 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:14 am

Nehro wrote:
NearlyIrish wrote:Folks,

cheers,

NI
It will take roughly between 4 to 6 weeks. My personal experience was 4 weeks. All the best of luck in your application
When I was in the same position I was promissed to here from them in 8 weeks. Surpisingly they kept their promiss.

immigrant123
Newly Registered

Post by immigrant123 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:48 am

EBS wrote:
YMC wrote:
tiggs wrote:Hi YMC,
I do feel ur frustration. I was pretty much in your shoes. Said that as i mentioned earlier, if NOT phone talk to them by registered Post they do reply.
Rest best of luck buddy...Your day will come...
Regards
Tiggs
Thanks a bunch mate and congratulations on your own approval! I agree with you, but trust me, I don't just call, but all I get back is empty words, whether over the phone or on paper, its same copy-paste, unfort its making no difference for me either..
Congratulations Tiggs and Hope4Best!!!!

YMC, i am in exact situation, March 06 submitted docs Sept 08, still WFOA
i am thinking about High Court as well, after Christmas, there is no excuse for them.

I am also exactly in the same situation.
Applied in March 2006.
Requested for additional docs in Sep 2008.
After a long pause in Feb 2008 asked me to re-submit the Marriage affidavit. Did so and just waiting to hear from them.
Every time I call - they give the same standard answer. Waiting on external agencies.

Last time when I called, the lady on the phone asked me to write a letter enquiring the latest status. I just wrote a letter today and will see if it helps.
Also thinking of meeting the local TD and see if it helps.
This is really frustrating.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:32 am

is it?..maybe you are married and if they will give you citizenship, they think your wife will get stamp 4 and can work here so they delay it or maybe im just paranoid... just wondering cause im married too. is anybody here same situation? thanks

EBS

Post by EBS » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:50 am

smalltime wrote:is it?..maybe you are married and if they will give you citizenship, they think your wife will get stamp 4 and can work here so they delay it or maybe im just paranoid... just wondering cause im married too. is anybody here same situation? thanks
im married, my spouse got application approved last year, im still waiting more than 3yrs now, i have WCATT (stamp 5), where is the DOJ logic behind?

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:21 am

,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA,WFOA

That's the number of time, I have heard this...

Nana

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:43 am

smalltime wrote:is it?..maybe you are married and if they will give you citizenship, they think your wife will get stamp 4 and can work here so they delay it or maybe im just paranoid... just wondering cause im married too. is anybody here same situation? thanks
Not really folks. I am married and got my approval letter in March-09 and cert in May-09. I applied in Jun-06 and sent them final paperwork in October-08. I never called them except once and they never told me anything about external agencies.My wife got stamp 4 after I got my passport but that stamp 4 does not make any difference in this economic conditions.

I feel sorry for the delay of your applications. All I can say do not give up and don't think too much about it even if it is always back in your head.As long as you are on valid visa you are ok for the moment.

exchangeboy
Newly Registered

Post by exchangeboy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Status on application has change from last week to this week....now it is WFOA......WFOA....WFOA....

Last week they said that they had received all doc...
Applied in Sep 07

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:01 am

With what we are seeing, This country is flushing itself down the toilet...

People working and paying taxes are being ignored....

How in God names, this country will find 5 billions euros in cost cutting when the government is contineously doing the wrong things ????

I wonder...
Nana

yelims

Post by yelims » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:13 am

nanette wrote:With what we are seeing, This country is flushing itself down the toilet...

People working and paying taxes are being ignored....

How in God names, this country will find 5 billions euros in cost cutting when the government is contineously doing the wrong things ????

I wonder...
Nana
@Nana and @all

bord Snip are snipping the Naturalisation section

no joke! prepare for longer waiting times!! i fell i will never get naturalized now

what a terrible news

see see

http://www.irishelection.com/2009/07/an ... rt-system/

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Well, by the time they implement these changes, I am hoping as many of us get an answer quick.

Unbelievable, if the country is desperate for cash, why not implement a fast tracking citizenship for those already waiting long (2006/2007/2008).

I propose the following:
===============
If you've waited already 23 months and want your application to be processed within 2 weeks, pay an additional 1000 euros up front.

Upon processing (2 weeks) and if you've been granted citizenship then pay the 950 euros required.

For instance for 2000 applicants that have passed 23 months and still waiting and willing to pay a 1000 euros for fast tracking then this will results in 2 millions euros additional revenue to this government.

There's an idea, Mister Minister...Take it.

Nana

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:14 pm

Well, by the time they implement these changes, I am hoping as many of us get an answer quick.

Unbelievable, if the country is desperate for cash, why not implement a fast tracking citizenship for those already waiting long (2006/2007/2008).

I propose the following:
===============
If you've waited already 23 months and want your application to be processed within 2 weeks, pay an additional 1000 euros up front.

Upon processing (2 weeks) and if you've been granted citizenship then pay the 950 euros required.

For instance for 2000 applicants that have passed 23 months and still waiting and willing to pay a 1000 euros for fast tracking then this will results in 2 millions euros additional revenue to this government.

Nana

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:31 pm

Just to reiterate what others have posted before:

If you people stopped phoning twice a week and let them get on with processing applications we would all benefit.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:44 pm

nanette wrote:Well, by the time they implement these changes, I am hoping as many of us get an answer quick.

I propose the following:
===============

Nana
Pardon me if I am slow at taking up the sarcasm in your post. If you however are not sacracstic then I am sure that you have been around long enough to know that paying more does not translate to beter services in Ireland. If anything the reverse has ben the case. When people were paying 550E for Naturalisatio cert, the average waiting time was 14 months, now we pay 960, you know of course how long you have been waiting and the stories of people who have ben waiting for longer with no hope in sight.

I'll suggest you save the money and start making plans to get out of this hell hole.

As my Paddy friend will say: They've lost it!

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:59 pm

9jeirean wrote:
nanette wrote:Well, by the time they implement these changes, I am hoping as many of us get an answer quick.

I propose the following:
===============

Nana
Pardon me if I am slow at picking up the sarcasm in your post. If however you are not being sacracstic then, I am sure that you have been around long enough to know that paying more does not translate to better services in Ireland. If anything, the reverse has been the case. When people were paying 550E for Naturalisatio cert, the average waiting time was 14 months, now we pay 960E, you know of course how long you have been waiting and the stories of people who have ben waiting for longer with no hope in sight.

I'll suggest you save the money and start making plans to get out of this hell hole.

As my Paddy friend will say: They've lost it!
Last edited by 9jeirean on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:02 pm

I propose the following:
===============

Nana
Yes, 2 millions euros is lots of money for many of us, but compared to 6 billion budget gap. thats like nothing. plus, sadly to say, i think one of their worries about giving out citizenship so fast to so many people would be they suddenly have a large group of people entitle to social welfare. that would be their major worry.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:42 pm

mktsoi wrote:

I propose the following:
===============

Nana
Yes, 2 millions euros is lots of money for many of us, but compared to 6 billion budget gap. thats like nothing. plus, sadly to say, i think one of their worries about giving out citizenship so fast to so many people would be they suddenly have a large group of people entitle to social welfare. that would be their major worry.
I am sorry, but that's finding excusses for mass management, for which the Irish system is notorious for.

You can't have it one way and not the other. It was ok to have a "sudden" influx of tax-paying, imigration fee & visa fee paying immigrants contributing to the irish economy for years and then suddenly shut the door in their faces when it's time to grant them opportunity to become part of that society.

How's about the minister for justice gets his acts together and stop fasttracking naturilization to refugees who have not shown any financial contributions to the economy rather than shutting the door in the face of hard working tax paying workers, professionals, and in some case now employers who have given and continue to give financial, professional and social contributions to this society. It is an insult to assume in the face of evidence in forms of (P60s, P21s and Company tax return certs etc) that these people are "dole hangers" and to continue to deny such high contributors to the society a part to be part of that society.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:19 pm

Admittedly, I can't find the exact link for this, so I'm open to criticisms of talking out my hat, but as far as I'm aware, all nations that are signatories to the UNHRC are duty-bound to facilitating the naturalisation of refugees and those in their jurisdiction under humanitarian protection. 'Facilitation of applications' should be understood as both 'speedy' and 'free'. That's why all applications received on behalf of refugees and stateless persons incur no fee should their application be approved.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Last time when they increased the fees from 550 euros to 950 euros, it was never mentionned to my knowledge that this was because they needed to improve the service.....

So my suggestion here is this:

I pay an extra 1000 euros to get my application fast tracked in 2 weeks. This should be an option and NOT mandatory.

They've become greedy suckers for cash and putting aside the human aspect of this whole whoopla. I am screaming out loud and out of my lungs that I am willing to pay 1000 euros to get out of this ungodly treatment.

This is not a privilege, this is a 21 century form of slavery.

This government has failed at so many levels that it fails to understand its mistakes and take actions to change course.

He who knows not and does not know he knows not is a repentant damn fool.

In the face of uncertainty, the government should protect people and be for the people. This government has terribly failed the people from every corner of this great land.

We need a debate as this cannot go on. Someone should be listening. This is a disgrace.

Someone should have mercy, especially to the people that have and continue to contribute to this economy tirelessly.

Nana