ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DEPENDANT ILR QUERY

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amreenmalik

DEPENDANT ILR QUERY

Post by amreenmalik » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Hi,
I am a work permit holder looking to apply for ILR on the basis of 5 years in April 2010.
My wife joined me in U.K as dependant from September 2006. And we got a kid who is my dependant. My wife and kid were out of the country for about 4 months continuously from November 2008 to March 2009. My absences are fine as I have not been out of the country for long holidays. My worry is, when I apply for ILR can my wife and kid also apply for ILR. Will their continuous absence of 4 months have any effect on our application? Could anybody please advice?
Many thanks.

nksg

Re: DEPENDANT ILR QUERY

Post by nksg » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:34 pm

It should be fine as absences of dependents wont count.. Its the main applicant's stay that matters..

All the best!!
amreenmalik wrote:Hi,
I am a work permit holder looking to apply for ILR on the basis of 5 years in April 2010.
My wife joined me in U.K as dependant from September 2006. And we got a kid who is my dependant. My wife and kid were out of the country for about 4 months continuously from November 2008 to March 2009. My absences are fine as I have not been out of the country for long holidays. My worry is, when I apply for ILR can my wife and kid also apply for ILR. Will their continuous absence of 4 months have any effect on our application? Could anybody please advice?
Many thanks.