ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switzerland stay during HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhijaw
Newly Registered

Switzerland stay during HSMP

Post by abhijaw » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:33 pm

I am in UK on a work-permit and am considering applying for an HSMP visa. My job is based out of London (UK salary) but requires frequent traveling and stay in Switzerland. A UK work permit is valid for short, Swiss business trips,

I may need to go to Switzerland for even above an year (I can keep making short UK trips).

My question is, if I apply for HSMP and get a one-year visa, and then go off and work in Switzerland - will I still be eligible for a three year HSMP extension?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:48 pm

A UK work permit is valid for short, Swiss business trips,

I may need to go to Switzerland for even above an year
I suspect that a better way of putting that is that your long-term UK visa also entitles you to enter Switzerland visa-free for a short time and also the Swiss do not need you to get a work permit for short visits.

However are you absolutely sure that you don't need a visa to enter Switzerland for anything like a year? And indeed you may well need a Swiss Work Permit?
John

ugurevin
Newly Registered

Working in Switzerland

Post by ugurevin » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:00 pm

What about working in Switzerland on a contract for up to 6 months then? Are we allowed to work on a short term contract in Switzerland as well?