ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 Required Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sm97os
Newly Registered

EEA 2 Required Documents

Post by sm97os » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Hello,

My wife is Irish and has been working in London since March. I am a US Citizen and I am applying for a residence card under the EEA2 application.

My question is regarding the supporting documentation needed for application. I am unemployed, but she has a full time job.

We need to include:
My passport
Her Passport
Certified Marriage Certificate
A letter from her employer
Her employment contract
Recent wage slips
Her NHS Number

Is there anything else I am missing?

Thanks.

mourad

Post by mourad » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:42 pm

bills ,proof of coexistance,pictures of the wedding are the most recomended ,latest bank account statments,all peperwork must be originals no copies accepted and i would like to welcome you to long list of the EEA2 card applicants waiting club and their favourit hobby which is waiting for it .
seriousely good luck
mourad

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:18 pm

mourad wrote:bills ,proof of coexistance,pictures of the wedding are the most recomended ,latest bank account statments,all peperwork must be originals no copies accepted and i would like to welcome you to long list of the EEA2 card applicants waiting club and their favourit hobby which is waiting for it .
seriousely good luck
mourad
None of this extra documentation is needed. In fact neither is the NHS card of the original applicant. You need only show that the EU citizen is working.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:22 pm

mourad wrote:pictures of the wedding are the most recomended
REALLY?? :shock:

mourad

Post by mourad » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:28 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
mourad wrote:bills ,proof of coexistance,pictures of the wedding are the most recomended ,latest bank account statments,all peperwork must be originals no copies accepted and i would like to welcome you to long list of the EEA2 card applicants waiting club and their favourit hobby which is waiting for it .
seriousely good luck
mourad
None of this extra documentation is needed. In fact neither is the NHS card of the original applicant. You need only show that the EU citizen is working.
well what you are saying is only applicable in a dream world where they never say this is what they need from you .
what i`ve posted is the reality where i live and what i was asked to provide that as this is my own persoal experience .
you are obsolutely right but only in theory

mourad

Post by mourad » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Rozen wrote:
yeah really

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Rozen wrote:
And then you wonder why the Liverpool department can't do it within six months...

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:12 pm

pictures of the wedding are the most recomended
I hope it is always possible to recomend the pictures from the wedding. Good weddings are like that!

But I would only send them to UKBA along with an application for an EU-law Residence Card if you know and like the people working at UKBA and want to give them something extra to look at (instead of the normal boring forms). It is not a job I could do, even if I got lots of photos in the post.

sm97os
Newly Registered

Post by sm97os » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:28 pm

Thanks for the replies. A bit confused now :)

I do have wedding photos, but no joint accounts or anything like that, since we were just married last month. Bank statements too? I figured her work information would suffice to show we wont be needing social assistance.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:28 pm

Anyone for 'photoshopped' wedding pics?:idea: My husband's quite good at it! :wink:

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:32 pm

sm97os wrote:I do have wedding photos, but no joint accounts or anything like that, since we were just married last month. Bank statements too? I figured her work information would suffice to show we wont be needing social assistance.
If I were you, I would NOT submit wedding photos, or bank statements, or a CD of you singing Bavarian folk songs with your spouse. I can only see these sorts of things raising issues, and slowing the processing of the application. It raises the issue: "Why do they feel they need to submit this extra stuff?"

sm97os
Newly Registered

Post by sm97os » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:43 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
sm97os wrote:I do have wedding photos, but no joint accounts or anything like that, since we were just married last month. Bank statements too? I figured her work information would suffice to show we wont be needing social assistance.
If I were you, I would NOT submit wedding photos, or bank statements, or a CD of you singing Bavarian folk songs with your spouse. I can only see these sorts of things raising issues, and slowing the processing of the application. It raises the issue: "Why do they feel they need to submit this extra stuff?"
Ok, I will hold off sending in the garter belt then! haha

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:49 pm

sm97os wrote:Ok, I will hold off sending in the garter belt then! haha
That would really slow the application! :lol: I could imagine they would try to keep the submitted support material for the maxium allowed 6 months before issuing the Residence Card!